Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phone advice 09:34 - Jan 27 with 1948 viewsAbBlue

Just moved from iPhone to Samsung and all good so far.

However I am wondering how people go about getting music to and from the phone. Obviously iPhone had iTunes. Anything similar for Samsung and will I need to create another library?

Any advice greatly received.
Phone advice on 09:57 - Jan 27 with 1897 viewsvilanovablue

Connect to pc and your pc will see your phone as a hard drive and you can copy and paste, iTunes not required.
Phone advice on 10:12 - Jan 27 with 1866 viewsNewcyBlue

If you have a microsd card bang it on there and stick it on the phone.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Phone advice on 10:28 - Jan 27 with 1829 viewschicoazul

My advice is, go back to Apple

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Phone advice on 10:29 - Jan 27 with 1827 viewswkj

When I switch from apple (best thing I ever did) I used and loved Spotify. If you can handle a tenner a month you can download your playlists for offline use

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Phone advice on 10:30 - Jan 27 with 1822 viewschiddley

use it like a pc. no kid gloves required like apple. ITunes is backwards.

Poll: The best joke petition of the last few days

Phone advice on 10:34 - Jan 27 with 1803 viewsgiant_stow

Phone advice on 10:28 - Jan 27 by chicoazul

My advice is, go back to Apple

If you like paying much more for much less of everything, that's top advice.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Phone advice on 10:35 - Jan 27 with 1799 viewsoncebluealwaysblue

Samsung have a piece of software called 'Kies'. Download that and it does the same thing as iTunes, although iTunes is by far superior
Phone advice on 11:43 - Jan 27 with 1726 viewstcfc

Phone advice on 09:57 - Jan 27 by vilanovablue

Connect to pc and your pc will see your phone as a hard drive and you can copy and paste, iTunes not required.

so I was wondering about this myself. All my music is already saved on iTunes so can I copy it off of there? and so, Im assuming the storage on my current phone will be too small to handle to 500 odd albums, I can slide a memory card into the Samsung to increase to storage? I am a bit ignorant on this sort of thing. Can I then just buy a decent flash drive and put it in the car rather than my Classic?
Login to get fewer ads

Phone advice on 12:13 - Jan 27 with 1691 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Phone advice on 10:35 - Jan 27 by oncebluealwaysblue

Samsung have a piece of software called 'Kies'. Download that and it does the same thing as iTunes, although iTunes is by far superior

Don't download anything.

Put the memory card in the computer, or attach the phone to the computer, and copy and paste the music unto it.

If you have your music on iTunes you'll need to go to applications, find iTunes and get the files from there.

Good move ditching the iPhone.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Phone advice on 12:18 - Jan 27 with 1686 viewsthebluewizzard

When transferring music over to my Galaxy S6 Edge I go to My Music iTunes, open this file and you should have all your music visible. As my S6 doesn’t have a sd card slot my music goes on to to the phone, as yours takes a sd card simply transfer to the sd card. Transferring 500 plus albums should not be a problem as my S6 has 64gb memory and I have 645 some albums on the phone.
Phone advice on 12:34 - Jan 27 with 1633 viewsAbBlue

Cheers for the advice.

File Explorer is nice and straightforward, and iTunes was starting to bug me.

Having the microsd option is great, something the iPhone really missed.

I may miss the in built idiot proofing of the iPhone though. Time will tell.
Phone advice on 12:35 - Jan 27 with 1632 viewschicoazul

Download a piece of software, rip this, copy that, make a library blah blah
Load of balls. Just buy Apple.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Phone advice on 12:46 - Jan 27 with 1602 viewsgiant_stow

Phone advice on 12:35 - Jan 27 by chicoazul

How do you cope without a back button? Whenever I try my Mum's phone or ipad (shes a apple fan) the lakc of one drives me fcking nuts.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Phone advice on 13:15 - Jan 27 with 1555 viewsFoD_Blue

Phone advice on 12:35 - Jan 27 by chicoazul

So you can get itunes without having to download any software?
Phone advice on 13:25 - Jan 27 with 1487 viewstcfc

Phone advice on 12:18 - Jan 27 by thebluewizzard

When transferring music over to my Galaxy S6 Edge I go to My Music iTunes, open this file and you should have all your music visible. As my S6 doesn’t have a sd card slot my music goes on to to the phone, as yours takes a sd card simply transfer to the sd card. Transferring 500 plus albums should not be a problem as my S6 has 64gb memory and I have 645 some albums on the phone.

thanks. I didn't know you could get the files out of iTunes onto a non-apple device. I'll get a flash drive and get this done. This will solve another problem in that I'm getting my Sonos soon and the lack on the Bluetooth on the Classic is a pain in the arse. I was literally going to buy a 64gb / 128gb iPhone/touch just for the music.

I love Apple but my company provide Samsung phones and I have no need to carry 2 phones around. I have a mate thinks I'm mad, he loves the Spotify thing and I can see it, but I like owning it.

I cant wait till my 8 year old is a few years older and I can stop worrying about all this technology stuff.
Phone advice on 13:26 - Jan 27 with 1483 viewschicoazul

Phone advice on 12:46 - Jan 27 by giant_stow

How do you cope without a back button? Whenever I try my Mum's phone or ipad (shes a apple fan) the lakc of one drives me fcking nuts.

What do you mean a back button?? You just swipe stuff.

///resists open goal of "youre a Norwich fan you have too many fingers to use an iPhone properly" etc

Phone advice on 13:50 - Jan 27 with 1449 viewsgiant_stow

Phone advice on 13:26 - Jan 27 by chicoazul

What do you mean a back button?? You just swipe stuff.

///resists open goal of "youre a Norwich fan you have too many fingers to use an iPhone properly" etc

What if you want to go back in the same window though? My i've missed something obvious, but don't think so.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024