Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diagouraga - a leeds fans view 10:03 - Jan 25 with 4865 viewspablosturn

Spent this morning in a meeting with a knowledgeable and informed Leeds fan and asked him at the end about our exciting loan signing.

He told me he was immobile, slow on the ball, poor at passing and doesn't have a great deal of awareness or pace. He actually laughed when I said we had got him on loan.

Exciting times indeed, sounds exactly what we need, another player with no pace or creativity.

oh, he did say he is a big lump and is physical, sounds ideal for MM
Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 13:19 - Jan 25 with 867 viewsSuperfrans

I'm expecting him to be a bit like Ibrahima Sonko, who (personally) I think we could have done with in the past couple of years.

The comments from your mate might, of course, be relative. A player who looks immobile and slow in a team used to passing and moving could quite easily look much better in a team which is slower and less used to the passing game...

#Livinginhope

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 13:27 - Jan 25 with 848 viewsStenvict

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 13:16 - Jan 25 by PJH

or see Blackburn(of recent games)where he was outstanding.
He has not been consistently good this season unlike previous seasons I will admit.

I have said before that Cole Skuse seems to divide opinion on here more than any other current player.

He divides opinion only because those that moan about him are the same ones that moan about MM, so they always look for reasons why we're playing badly. Skuse is a DEFENSIVE midfielder, hence why when the opposition go on the counter attack, it's usually Skuse that is first to chase back.

Although I do agree, he needs to be passing forward a lot more and splitting defences.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 13:27 - Jan 25 with 850 viewsGuru_of_Ipswich

Sorry did I miss something, was this a number of leeds fans views or just one who probably don't go to watch them, or never has?

nowt like getting ready to write a player off!
Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 13:48 - Jan 25 with 815 viewsOsborneOneNil

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 13:16 - Jan 25 by PJH

or see Blackburn(of recent games)where he was outstanding.
He has not been consistently good this season unlike previous seasons I will admit.

I have said before that Cole Skuse seems to divide opinion on here more than any other current player.

I think his poor games far outweigh the games such as Blackburn though. It's not 50/50.

But yeah, it's interesting how split it is on him.
Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 13:50 - Jan 25 with 805 viewsOsborneOneNil

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 13:27 - Jan 25 by Stenvict

He divides opinion only because those that moan about him are the same ones that moan about MM, so they always look for reasons why we're playing badly. Skuse is a DEFENSIVE midfielder, hence why when the opposition go on the counter attack, it's usually Skuse that is first to chase back.

Although I do agree, he needs to be passing forward a lot more and splitting defences.

Still doesn't do enough for a DEFENSIVE midfielder. Hides. Doesn't show for the ball off the defenders to then move it on. That's also part of that role.

Poor.
Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 13:52 - Jan 25 with 809 viewsjpr_23

spoke to a Swindon fan who had seen Diagouraga when he played for them and he was a bit more positive.

although it was a while ago, he remembered him as a quality player who was big and all over the place and certainly too good for Swindon.

Blog: Why We Need a New Five-Year Plan

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 14:04 - Jan 25 with 778 viewsRadlett_blue

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 11:56 - Jan 25 by PJH

I think Skuse does a lot of his 'ball winning' by reading play and making interceptions although I do not agree with the inference that he cannot tackle.

Agree with that. I've seen him put in some excellent performances in away games where we've been under pressure & he keeps breaking up attacks by anticipation, rather than hurling himself into tackles. Less effective in home games when we need to move the ball more quickly & not a good partner for Douglas (on which the stats are pretty telling).

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 14:06 - Jan 25 with 777 viewspablosturn

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 13:27 - Jan 25 by Guru_of_Ipswich

Sorry did I miss something, was this a number of leeds fans views or just one who probably don't go to watch them, or never has?

nowt like getting ready to write a player off!

Why not read the original post rather than write it off as not being true. Many are blinded by MM's words of comfort that we are ok and happy with any old signing but I was merely giving you the view of an informed leeds fan who goes to games (including U23s where he has played too!)

I also commented (if you chose to read it!) that this just isn't the type of player we are crying out for and that he just fits the mould of a typical no nonsense MM signing?

He may well be effective in his playing position but we hardly need another sitter in midfield do we....?
Login to get fewer ads

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 14:08 - Jan 25 with 772 viewspablosturn

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 13:52 - Jan 25 by jpr_23

spoke to a Swindon fan who had seen Diagouraga when he played for them and he was a bit more positive.

although it was a while ago, he remembered him as a quality player who was big and all over the place and certainly too good for Swindon.

if only we had signed him at that point in his career hey!
Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 14:10 - Jan 25 with 761 viewsRadlett_blue

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 14:06 - Jan 25 by pablosturn

Why not read the original post rather than write it off as not being true. Many are blinded by MM's words of comfort that we are ok and happy with any old signing but I was merely giving you the view of an informed leeds fan who goes to games (including U23s where he has played too!)

I also commented (if you chose to read it!) that this just isn't the type of player we are crying out for and that he just fits the mould of a typical no nonsense MM signing?

He may well be effective in his playing position but we hardly need another sitter in midfield do we....?

If he gets picked ahead of Douglas he would have to be pretty bad not to be an upgrade.

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 14:12 - Jan 25 with 750 viewsTheBlueBarca

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 10:29 - Jan 25 by theipswichman

How many players have been written off by other clubs fans before they come here though? Celtic fans hated Murphy... we know how that turned out.

Celtic fans probably hated Murphy because he doesn't hate England enough.

Diagouraga was a good player at Brentford (mind you so was Douglas) so I hope that player shows up, and not the Leeds version which was dire.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 14:15 - Jan 25 with 746 viewsRadlett_blue

Diagouraga - a leeds fans view on 14:12 - Jan 25 by TheBlueBarca

Celtic fans probably hated Murphy because he doesn't hate England enough.

Diagouraga was a good player at Brentford (mind you so was Douglas) so I hope that player shows up, and not the Leeds version which was dire.

I would at least be hopeful that Diagouraga has come here because he wants to play rather than sit on his backside at Leeds as I'm sure he won't be financially better off by coming to Town.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024