Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday 09:37 - Jan 5 with 1830 viewsAbBlue

To balance out the hoardes coming down from Lincoln I am thinking of taking my boy to his first game.

He's 4. Too young?

Worried he'll be bored/fidget/be a 4 year old, but want to get him hooked and thinking he might get to see some goals!

Also, what stand would be best as I am guessing the North isn't ideal.

And finally, can you pay on gate?

Thanks!
Saturday on 09:39 - Jan 5 with 1810 viewsSmithy

don't think U16 are allowed in SBR anyhow, Britannia/Co-Op/Pioneer or whatever its now called is your best bet.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Saturday on 09:44 - Jan 5 with 1785 viewsSteve_M

It might be a good one because it will be fairly empty. There are no child tickets in the lower North but being close to the goal at Churchmans might be good for him.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Saturday on 09:49 - Jan 5 with 1744 viewsWadeyBlue

I took both of my sons when they were 4 yrs old.

You'll have 20 minutes in each half where they will fidget and get bored etc. However bribery and corruption is the way forward.

If you have a Nintendo DS or ipad/ipod with games on bring that, coupled with a big bag of his favourite sweets. Don't get to your seat to early as he'll want to go home after the players have warmed up. If I was you get to your seat 2 mins before kick off.

He'll enjoy the goals but wont be interested in long periods of passing/hoofing or no goal action.

Its probably a good time to start bringing him, as over the next few months i'm pretty sure it can only get better!!

I started bringing my first one when Roy Keane became manager. I constantly kept apologising for how boring it was!

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

Saturday on 09:52 - Jan 5 with 1731 viewsBent_double

Saturday on 09:39 - Jan 5 by Smithy

don't think U16 are allowed in SBR anyhow, Britannia/Co-Op/Pioneer or whatever its now called is your best bet.

I'm hoping it's just under 12's who aren't allowed in SBR, as I've booked tickets for myself and 13yr old in there...

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Saturday on 11:07 - Jan 5 with 1615 viewsBluebell

Saturday on 09:52 - Jan 5 by Bent_double

I'm hoping it's just under 12's who aren't allowed in SBR, as I've booked tickets for myself and 13yr old in there...

Depends how tall he is I would guess. Don't forget everyone stands in the SBR Lower so it might be difficult to see.

Also depends what stewards are on also. They might get funny if he is a small 13 year old with the upper being closed but if he is adult size as most of them are at 13 there won't be a problem.
Saturday on 12:19 - Jan 5 with 1536 views26_Paz

Saturday on 09:52 - Jan 5 by Bent_double

If they've sold you an under 16 ticket for there I don't see how they can not let him in?!

The Paz Man

Saturday on 12:31 - Jan 5 with 1478 viewsMorls

I'm taking my 4 year old for the first time Saturday as its just £2 so if he gets bored it doesn't matter if we leave early, I'm going armed with his leap pad and sweets to keep him "entertained" for as long as possible. Our tickets are in the middle of the Co-op stand.
Saturday on 12:36 - Jan 5 with 1439 viewsDubtractor

Saturday on 09:44 - Jan 5 by Steve_M

It might be a good one because it will be fairly empty. There are no child tickets in the lower North but being close to the goal at Churchmans might be good for him.

Though oddly the pioneer is actually pretty full.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Saturday on 13:14 - Jan 5 with 1351 viewsBent_double

Saturday on 12:19 - Jan 5 by 26_Paz

If they've sold you an under 16 ticket for there I don't see how they can not let him in?!

It's an under 20's ticket. When you hover over the seat on the website, it says ' no under 5's', when you add the ticket to your basket, it says 'no under 12's' - either way he should be fine.

We're right at the front, and he's only a bit shorter than me anyway...not that I'm tall.....

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Saturday on 13:26 - Jan 5 with 1315 viewsKeaneish

Saturday on 09:44 - Jan 5 by Steve_M

I stood behind the goal in Churchman's when i was 6 and loved it if that's anything to go by.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Saturday on 13:32 - Jan 5 with 1296 viewsAbBlue

Thanks for the advice all.

Got tickets for the Coop in the end.

If we lose I'll be putting it all on him!
Saturday on 13:38 - Jan 5 with 1276 viewsflashblue

IMO anything under 8 is a waste of time.

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

Saturday on 13:53 - Jan 5 with 1231 viewshoppy

Saturday on 12:31 - Jan 5 by Morls

I'm taking my 4 year old for the first time Saturday as its just £2 so if he gets bored it doesn't matter if we leave early, I'm going armed with his leap pad and sweets to keep him "entertained" for as long as possible. Our tickets are in the middle of the Co-op stand.

Make sure you take him to do a wee before kick-off, and then again at half time, even if he says "I don't need one", as you know that you'll get to a point in the game when he says "Daddy, I need a wee...." and you'll miss Freddie Sears scoring, or something...

The Fanzone is quite good beforehand - bouncy castle, sometimes face painting, and meeting bluey and crazee... Yasmin always likes saying hello to them, anyway.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2017 13:55]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Saturday on 14:51 - Jan 5 with 1126 viewstextbackup

My 4 year old girl went last season, loved it! Took no sweets or electrical items to keep her busy, just old fashion let the environment entertain her. (Not the football obvs)
Considering taking the 2 year old this sat 😳

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Saturday on 15:33 - Jan 5 with 1064 viewscaught-in-limbo

If it's his first experience of going to PR with his dad, the only thing standing in the way of him enjoying it is you.

Buy programs for you and him, always be positive, pretend to enjoy the match whatever happens and go mentally happy when (it will happen) we score.

Actually, you won't have to pretend to enjoy the match - you're taking your son to his first match - that's enough!

Get him a scarf if he hasn't got one. Make sure you wear your scarf too.

Oh, and everything Hoppy and Texters said.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024