Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have there been previous Town players who 20:31 - Jan 3 with 8870 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Have been subjected to the abuse that Douglas has been by our own fans?

Andy Marshall obviously takes first prize. Matt Richards had a tough time of it in parts. Scowcroft and Kuqi certainly split the fans at times.

Poll: Best Football Song

Have there been previous Town players who on 09:45 - Jan 4 with 2005 viewsKeno

Have there been previous Town players who on 09:44 - Jan 4 by PhilTWTD

Unless I've missed it surprised Geraint Williams hasn't got a mention, was treated exactly the same way as Douglas from what I recall. Every combative rather than stylish midfielder does tend to get stick from a section of our fans.

Kevin O'Callaghan

i mean he has his arm broken by his team mates once so he couldn't play

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Have there been previous Town players who on 09:50 - Jan 4 with 1999 viewspowinswitch

Unless I've missed it surprised Geraint Williams hasn't got a mention, was treated exactly the same way as Douglas from what I recall. Every combative rather than stylish midfielder does tend to get stick from a section of our fans.

Interesting view. I would describe Warky as combative rather than stylish, but he had the two Dutch boys providing the flair, and he was box to box. He did not get it from any section of our fans. I would be happy with a combative player, but not two. I am not sure that Douglas is combative, he is more past it now. Shame for him and us that we have not seen the best of him.
Have there been previous Town players who on 09:51 - Jan 4 with 1995 viewshype313

Might be my age and poor memory, but I do remember a time when Dozzell got quite a bit of stick, not sure it's was on Douglas's level though.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Have there been previous Town players who on 09:56 - Jan 4 with 1990 viewsPhilTWTD

Have there been previous Town players who on 09:50 - Jan 4 by powinswitch

Interesting view. I would describe Warky as combative rather than stylish, but he had the two Dutch boys providing the flair, and he was box to box. He did not get it from any section of our fans. I would be happy with a combative player, but not two. I am not sure that Douglas is combative, he is more past it now. Shame for him and us that we have not seen the best of him.

He also scored hatloads of goals as well, which does tend to endear players to crowds. I suspect had Williams or Douglas netted a few more goals they would have been more popular regardless of their other attributes and abilities.
Have there been previous Town players who on 10:01 - Jan 4 with 1973 viewsPhilTWTD

Have there been previous Town players who on 09:45 - Jan 4 by Keno

Kevin O'Callaghan

i mean he has his arm broken by his team mates once so he couldn't play

Indeed, and there was video footage of the incident as well!
Have there been previous Town players who on 10:02 - Jan 4 with 1958 viewsSwailsey

Have there been previous Town players who on 10:01 - Jan 4 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, and there was video footage of the incident as well!

Is that true!?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Have there been previous Town players who on 10:09 - Jan 4 with 1940 viewsRichOBlue

Have there been previous Town players who on 09:56 - Jan 4 by PhilTWTD

He also scored hatloads of goals as well, which does tend to endear players to crowds. I suspect had Williams or Douglas netted a few more goals they would have been more popular regardless of their other attributes and abilities.

And even warky got a lot of stick in his 2nd spell with us

Poll: What formation suits us best?

Have there been previous Town players who on 10:15 - Jan 4 with 1926 viewsPhilTWTD

Have there been previous Town players who on 22:02 - Jan 3 by Lord_Lucan

When Scowcroft was getting dogs abuse I sent him a fax via ITFC telling him to keep his chin up and that Alan Brazil got the same treatment and got through it. His Dad phoned me to say thanks.

I've since been told he is a bit of a knob in real life.

No, Scowy's a very decent chap indeed (apart from the Man United thing, obviously). Very 'unfootballery' and down to earth in my experience.
Login to get fewer ads

Have there been previous Town players who on 10:23 - Jan 4 with 1885 viewshoppy

Have there been previous Town players who on 10:02 - Jan 4 by Swailsey

Is that true!?

Yep. It was shown in a part of a documentary once. I think it may well have been on again over Christmas.

Michael Caine is a right bully.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Have there been previous Town players who on 10:24 - Jan 4 with 1886 viewsLord_Lucan

Have there been previous Town players who on 10:15 - Jan 4 by PhilTWTD

No, Scowy's a very decent chap indeed (apart from the Man United thing, obviously). Very 'unfootballery' and down to earth in my experience.

I'm pleased to hear that. Not sure were I heard it from now but was also told something about him travelling with Man U and thinking he was one of "The Men in Black"

Nothing substantiated.

Like Jeera says, we can all be tvvats sometimes.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Have there been previous Town players who on 18:01 - Jan 4 with 1768 viewsgreenkingtone

Yes McCauley
Have there been previous Town players who on 18:10 - Jan 4 with 1758 viewsBackToRussia

Have there been previous Town players who on 07:44 - Jan 4 by Steve_M

Yes, there is constant vitriol from some and the reaction to him playing or any perceived error from him is becoming poisonous. Some have convinced themselves that he is so poor that they are completely unable to give him credit for anything he does well.

Douglas is limited these days as his legs have gone a bit but there is no way he is anything like as bad as popular perception seems to make out at the moment.

But abuse needs to be aimed? Is there anything he can actually hear beyond a few boos and some idiots on twitter?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Have there been previous Town players who on 18:28 - Jan 4 with 1742 viewsbraveblue

Can't remember anyone getting such stick, being so poor, and still getting a game or coming on at vital times in matches.
Have there been previous Town players who on 20:34 - Jan 4 with 1651 viewsbluepirate

Adrian Paz and Sergi Balatcha got abused if I remember correctly, both deserved I think.
Have there been previous Town players who on 21:24 - Jan 4 with 1600 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Have there been previous Town players who on 10:15 - Jan 4 by PhilTWTD

I have only ever found him to be really quite rude but have only met him a couple of times. Was my favourite player growing up - shame.
Have there been previous Town players who on 21:29 - Jan 4 with 1594 viewsPlums

Have there been previous Town players who on 20:34 - Jan 4 by bluepirate

Adrian Paz and Sergi Balatcha got abused if I remember correctly, both deserved I think.

Oops, up voted by mistake! I don't remember Sergei being abused. I remember feeling sorry for him because it was obvious from his passing that Russian pitches are at least 50 yards longer than ours.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Have there been previous Town players who on 21:41 - Jan 4 with 1572 viewsLuk38644

Have there been previous Town players who on 20:50 - Jan 3 by Dolly2.0

I remember people slating Alan Lee before he even arrived.

Alan Lee. What a player.

God we miss someone like him.
Have there been previous Town players who on 22:57 - Jan 4 with 1472 viewsjeera

Have there been previous Town players who on 21:24 - Jan 4 by PrideOfTheEast

I have only ever found him to be really quite rude but have only met him a couple of times. Was my favourite player growing up - shame.

That's OK.

Everyone has to grow up.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Have there been previous Town players who on 23:36 - Jan 4 with 1443 viewsKilburnBlue

Gary Roberts was another that took some stick from the fans.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024