Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's interesting that 13:17 - May 18 with 1943 viewsGuthrum

outside our "bubble", McKenna's name is much less mentioned in connection with the ManU job as a candidate right now (rather than one for the future).

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/hes-one-tnt-sports-pundit-133757745.html

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

It's interesting that on 13:19 - May 18 with 1910 viewsElderGrizzly

Almost every major football website and paper has run it
It's interesting that on 13:34 - May 18 with 1821 viewsGuthrum

It's interesting that on 13:19 - May 18 by ElderGrizzly

Almost every major football website and paper has run it

Sure, that one story exists and has been widely copied. It has the fairytale glamour to attract readers.

But looking at it from the other end - i.e. who is seriously in contention for the job this summer - his name is well down, hedged by caveats (mainly around lack of experience) or not there at all.

It's interesting that on 13:56 - May 18 with 1679 viewsMK1

Thomas Tuchel is said to already have had talks with some of Utd's men.
It's interesting that on 14:07 - May 18 with 1627 viewsRozz

He'll definitely be on the watchlists of many clubs, but I can't see anyone firming up their interest until he has proven himself in the Premier League, and in the case of a 'Big 6', Europe. Even Crystal Palace, a middling club with average resources, ended up with a Europa League winner with Champions League experience.
[Post edited 18 May 14:07]
It's interesting that on 14:09 - May 18 with 1607 viewsnoggin

None of my United supporting friends have even said in jest.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

It's interesting that on 14:11 - May 18 with 1581 viewsGuthrum

It's interesting that on 14:09 - May 18 by noggin

None of my United supporting friends have even said in jest.

Comment from a ManU-supporting mate was that McKenna is probably on the list, but not particularly close to the top.

It's interesting that on 14:16 - May 18 with 1544 viewsMattinLondon

Last season when Vincent Company’s stock was high we would all have been shocked if he suddenly left Burnley for Man City.

Maybe that’s how the rest of the footballing world think of KM in relation to the Man U job. One to keep an eye on but too early for a top job.
It's interesting that on 14:22 - May 18 with 1501 viewsGuthrum

It's interesting that on 14:16 - May 18 by MattinLondon

Last season when Vincent Company’s stock was high we would all have been shocked if he suddenly left Burnley for Man City.

Maybe that’s how the rest of the footballing world think of KM in relation to the Man U job. One to keep an eye on but too early for a top job.

Altho the situation was a bit different. There is considered to be a greater likelihood of a job vacancy coming up at Old Trafford than last summer at the Etihad.

Login to get fewer ads

It's interesting that on 14:28 - May 18 with 1485 viewsSitfcB

McKenna told some ITFC fans at Stansted this morning that’s he’s not going there so that’s that

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

It's interesting that on 14:36 - May 18 with 1442 viewsfooters

It's interesting that on 14:28 - May 18 by SitfcB

McKenna told some ITFC fans at Stansted this morning that’s he’s not going there so that’s that

He was at Stansted? Must be going to a foreign club then.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

It's interesting that on 14:46 - May 18 with 1414 viewsleitrimblue

It's interesting that on 14:36 - May 18 by footers

No he likes to fly from Stansted to Knock when returning to Fermanagh. He enjoys the scenic route up from Mayo. Often pulls in to Biddys bar in Manorhamilton for a Guinness and a sneaky smoke out back apparently
It's interesting that on 14:54 - May 18 with 1331 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

It's interesting that on 14:16 - May 18 by MattinLondon

Everyone would have been shocked because Guardiola wasn’t expected to leave, however had there suddenly been a vacancy I imagine Kompany would have been one of the favourites - a lot more so than McKenna with Man U in fact

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

It's interesting that on 14:54 - May 18 with 1339 viewsfooters

It's interesting that on 14:46 - May 18 by leitrimblue

No he likes to fly from Stansted to Knock when returning to Fermanagh. He enjoys the scenic route up from Mayo. Often pulls in to Biddys bar in Manorhamilton for a Guinness and a sneaky smoke out back apparently

Can't say fairer than a few pints of special before walking the clifftops of Mayo. I'll ask Aunt Evelyn to make up the bed in the back room.

Incidentally, when we were much younger my grandad was driving us from Dublin to the homestead. Sister footers was hungry and asked to go to a McDonalds. Grandad footers said 'Oh yeah, there's one not so far away, we'll go there for lunch'. It was a pub.

It's interesting that on 15:05 - May 18 with 1274 viewsleitrimblue

It's interesting that on 14:54 - May 18 by footers

Can't say fairer than a few pints of special before walking the clifftops of Mayo. I'll ask Aunt Evelyn to make up the bed in the back room.

Incidentally, when we were much younger my grandad was driving us from Dublin to the homestead. Sister footers was hungry and asked to go to a McDonalds. Grandad footers said 'Oh yeah, there's one not so far away, we'll go there for lunch'. It was a pub.

That's an incredibly Co Mayo story .

It's a very different story, but I have a friend here who's father as never eaten in a take away. He literally refuses 'to pay good money for fried feckin spuds' . He was in his 20,s before admitting to the father that he enjoyed a take away

The West of Ireland as its own version of McDonald's called Supermacs. Think the US McDonald's tried to sue them an failed.
It's interesting that on 15:20 - May 18 with 1204 viewsleitrimblue

It's interesting that on 14:54 - May 18 by footers

Did you say before that the family originally from Belmullet (Beal an Mhuirthead)?
Been working down that way on some big wind turbine project for 1 day a week til recently. It's stunning scenery but really feckin barren
It's interesting that on 15:32 - May 18 with 1135 viewsMattinLondon

It's interesting that on 14:54 - May 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Everyone would have been shocked because Guardiola wasn’t expected to leave, however had there suddenly been a vacancy I imagine Kompany would have been one of the favourites - a lot more so than McKenna with Man U in fact

Sorry was simply being hypothetical- regardless, I don’t think that Kompany would have been considered (hypothetically speaking).
It's interesting that on 15:34 - May 18 with 1121 viewsfooters

It's interesting that on 15:20 - May 18 by leitrimblue

Did you say before that the family originally from Belmullet (Beal an Mhuirthead)?
Been working down that way on some big wind turbine project for 1 day a week til recently. It's stunning scenery but really feckin barren

Aye, south of Belmullet - Cross Loch if you know it. As you say, a stunning part of the world but you'd better be OK with relentless peace and quiet until the pubs open... Then the fiddles and bodhrans come out...

It's interesting that on 16:09 - May 18 with 932 viewsleitrimblue

It's interesting that on 15:34 - May 18 by footers

Aye, south of Belmullet - Cross Loch if you know it. As you say, a stunning part of the world but you'd better be OK with relentless peace and quiet until the pubs open... Then the fiddles and bodhrans come out...

No, dont know it, but just quickly checked it out. Is right at the end of the peninsula. Must be incredibly feckin rural even for the West of Ireland.
Is that in the Gaeltacht?
Grandparents must have spoke a bit of the Gaelic?
People say Leitrim is remote but I think that area of Mayo is very similar if not more remote.
Was working between Bellacorick ( home of the musical bridge ) and there.
[Post edited 18 May 16:10]
It's interesting that on 16:20 - May 18 with 881 viewsnoggin

It's interesting that on 14:36 - May 18 by footers

Probably going to the Fortuna game.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

It's interesting that on 16:26 - May 18 with 850 viewsfooters

It's interesting that on 16:09 - May 18 by leitrimblue

No, dont know it, but just quickly checked it out. Is right at the end of the peninsula. Must be incredibly feckin rural even for the West of Ireland.
Is that in the Gaeltacht?
Grandparents must have spoke a bit of the Gaelic?
People say Leitrim is remote but I think that area of Mayo is very similar if not more remote.
Was working between Bellacorick ( home of the musical bridge ) and there.
[Post edited 18 May 16:10]

Aye, it's in the gaeltacht. Most of the family speak a fair bit, especially those in the Garda as it's important for communication.

My great nan used to basically speak it all the time. In the end she becane quite confused and only said two things to me: what a pretty girl you are and do you want a fag?

So glad you've been enjoying one of the better parts of Ireland... And the Musical Bridhe is a must!

It's interesting that on 17:14 - May 18 with 683 viewsleitrimblue

It's interesting that on 16:26 - May 18 by footers

Aye, it's in the gaeltacht. Most of the family speak a fair bit, especially those in the Garda as it's important for communication.

My great nan used to basically speak it all the time. In the end she becane quite confused and only said two things to me: what a pretty girl you are and do you want a fag?

So glad you've been enjoying one of the better parts of Ireland... And the Musical Bridhe is a must!

I love that wild coast between North Galway and Donegal.
Is a lot of the reason I originally stayed here.

Think that Grace o Malley country? My daughter absolutely loves the pirate queen.

You should learn a bit of Gaelic..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024