Milne, O'Neill and Klug But Not McCarthy at PLC AGM
Saturday, 18th Nov 2017 10:24
Managing director Ian Milne and academy duo Lee O’Neill and Bryan Klug will answer questions from shareholders at the Annual General Meeting of the Ipswich Town PLC, which will take place in Portman Road's Sir Bobby Robson Suite on Monday 11th December it has been announced (doors open 6.30pm, start 7.30pm).
In a letter to shareholders PLC chairman Roger Finbow writes: “Ian Milne, the club’s managing director, will be on hand to answer any questions you may have.
“Mick McCarthy is unfortunately not able to attend this year, but Lee O’Neill, the academy manager, Bryan Klug, head of coaching and player development, and other academy representatives will also be present to answer your questions about the academy and the increasing flow of talented boys now being prepared for the first team.”
He added: “Nothing gives me - and I suspect many shareholders - more pleasure than seeing ‘one of our own’ make a first-team debut and thereafter establish himself in our first-team squad.
“Last year I mentioned Myles Kenlock, Josh Emmanuel, Andre Dozzell and Ben Morris as those likely to make their mark in the coming year.
"I made no mention of Flynn Downes, Tristan Nydam and Luke Woolfenden, all of whom are now, along with those of last year, building up strong reputations for themselves as exciting young players who we hope will form the nucleus of success for the club in the years to come.
“And thinking about the performance of the young team that faced Crystal Palace in the Carabao Cup, that hope and expectation is surely not misplaced. The future looks bright, as I’m sure Lee O’Neill and Bryan Klug will be happy to confirm.”
The PLC owns 12.5 per cent of Ipswich Town Football Club Co Limited and consists of the club's shareholding prior to the takeover nine years ago with Marcus Evans owning the other 87.5 per cent. The meeting is open only to shareholders or their proxies.
In addition to the PLC’s own accounts, shareholders are also provided with a summary of the club's accounts for the year to the end of June, which will also be posted on the official website.
Milne, O’Neill and Klug also recently answered questions from fans at the Supporters Club AGM.
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
Blogs 257 bloggers
What Would Eric Gates Say? by millvalleyblue
I started supporting Ipswich when I was six. I’m 49 now and live in Mill Valley, just north of San Francisco. I grew up in Cork. People always ask: Ipswich? Why? The reason was my best friend, Christopher, supported Ipswich. I’ve no reason why he did. All the other kids supported Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal or Leeds.
Feeling Very Blue Not Watching You by Pessimistic
Being an overseas supporter means I get to see all the live streams of Ipswich Town games for a seasonal subscription fee. Great idea! Well, it used to be, until one day I could not log in and asked iFollow to resend my password.
Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog by GavTWTD
I'm fat. There, I said it. I'm a 248lb/112kg bloke in my late 40s and I'm struggling with my weight. I've lacked the will power to either do something about it or, when I've succeeded, to keep it off.
Where We Might Be Without Asset Stripping by David_GG
I am writing today to put forward my opinion about the sorry sad state of Ipswich Town and I suspect a number of other clubs around the land with supporters who feel as if they are suffering at the hands otherwise hugely successful businessmen and women as owners.
Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst? by Herbivore
The dust has not yet settled on the reign of Town's shortest-serving permanent manager, a reign the significance and memorability of which is likely to be more dependent on our post-Paul Hurst fate than on his mere 14 league games in charge.
Ipswich Town Polls
[ Vote here ]