Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieran McKenna I f***ing love you 09:50 - Apr 2 with 461 viewsAsa

I'm 44 years old. Have been to pretty much every home game since the age of 3. Been going away since I was 7, regularly as an adult, and if I had to compile my greatest 50 moments ever following Town, half of them would have come in the last 2 years of that 40 plus years.

I cannot even begin to describe how much I'd love to add another on Saturday. Just beyond any logic or comprehension what he has this squad of players doing week after week.

Last night was up there with anything I have seen at Portman Road. Comfortably since Bolton in 2000. That was better than anything against Norwich, the last minute Wigan winner, the Sheffield United comeback, the Exeter first half, Bent putting us ahead against West Ham in the playoffs. Topped the lot.

To see every single fan still in their seats 10 minutes after the game, to hear deafening chants outside the stadium post match, to see 70 and 80 year old women in front of me (I kid you not!) with limbs reminiscent of Barnsley away last season absolutely blew my mind.

Whatever happens between now and the end of the season, whether we lose McKenna or Davis, whether Morsy's legs go in a year or two and whatever crappy fate may one day befall us again in the decades to come, this manager, team, staff, ownership group and supporter base have something right now than other clubs will never experience in their entire existence.

I genuinely feel sorry for people who don't like or understand football when moments like this come along as outside of the birth of my children and my wedding day, no other feeling remotely comes close to the sort of thing that I witnessed last night.

One other thing of note - we sit directly in front of the players families. The reaction of their children, some of them really tiny, and their partners when that last goal went in was hard to begin to describe. Just added another emotional layer on top of what was already breathtaking. The only thing missing was Chaplin's dad who is usually in the seat behind me. Can't imagine how much he'd have enjoyed that!

UNREAL.
[Post edited 2 Apr 11:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024