Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're being fleeced, part ........ 07:53 - Mar 14 with 584 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/mar/13/uk-healthcare-private-equi

'The lack of democratic input into the decision to contract out such services is striking – for example, it is difficult to think of a time when a government minister proposed that care for victims of sexual assault should be privatised. Nor have the three main political parties who have formed governments in the last two decades made manifesto commitments to allow investors to generate uncapped profits from children’s care homes, mental health facilities or care homes for older people.

Much of this outsourcing has taken place on the quiet, often described euphemistically as “public sector reform”.....'

'The mantra that has been used to justify private sector involvement in delivering health and social care from the Blair government onwards is “what matters is what works”: it doesn’t matter who provides care, it is the quality of care that counts.
But a recent study published in the Lancet found that transferring the ownership of publicly owned hospitals into the for-profit sector almost never had a positive effect on the quality of care, and that any reduction in costs came at the expense of care quality.'

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

We're being fleeced, part ........ on 08:20 - Mar 14 with 509 viewsBent_double

Would love to know how much money is taken out of the NHS every year by private companies. Hundreds of millions I would think, if not billions.

You don't hear anything about it from any of the policital parties though.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

We're being fleeced, part ........ on 08:30 - Mar 14 with 493 viewsChurchman

Ah, but you have to remember that there is nothing the public sector does that cannot be done faster, cheaper and more efficiently by the private sector. This underpins the Tory view of how things are and should be.

It doesn’t matter what the truth is or how badly a private company builds a hospital or school, it’s better than the public sector version. End of. Small state, sell the lot. Outsource. The private sector will provide. Or will it?

Attached is an interesting article from eight years ago. I don’t know the source, but it’s worth a read as is summarises where we are. It’s there to be challenged, though I can’t find anything to challenge.

https://newint.org/features/2015/12/01/private-public-sector
We're being fleeced, part ........ on 08:48 - Mar 14 with 482 viewsBlueBadger

We're being fleeced, part ........ on 08:20 - Mar 14 by Bent_double

Would love to know how much money is taken out of the NHS every year by private companies. Hundreds of millions I would think, if not billions.

You don't hear anything about it from any of the policital parties though.

It's essentially impossible(probably by design, in part) to know exactly how much the internal market and the associated Efficient Private Sector Companies cost the service. The answer is 'probably a significant amount that could be better spent elsewhere'.
[Post edited 14 Mar 9:02]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We're being fleeced, part ........ on 08:55 - Mar 14 with 461 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

We're being fleeced, part ........ on 08:30 - Mar 14 by Churchman

Ah, but you have to remember that there is nothing the public sector does that cannot be done faster, cheaper and more efficiently by the private sector. This underpins the Tory view of how things are and should be.

It doesn’t matter what the truth is or how badly a private company builds a hospital or school, it’s better than the public sector version. End of. Small state, sell the lot. Outsource. The private sector will provide. Or will it?

Attached is an interesting article from eight years ago. I don’t know the source, but it’s worth a read as is summarises where we are. It’s there to be challenged, though I can’t find anything to challenge.

https://newint.org/features/2015/12/01/private-public-sector

Sadly it will be more of the same when the next lot get in and continue the project started by Blair in the NHS.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

We're being fleeced, part ........ on 09:09 - Mar 14 with 427 viewsDJR

We're being fleeced, part ........ on 08:55 - Mar 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

Sadly it will be more of the same when the next lot get in and continue the project started by Blair in the NHS.

I posted this about a month ago, which is further evidence that the private sector just creams off the easy but lucrative work.

"Private Eye touches on Wes Streeting's proposals for opticians to refer patients for cataract surgery at private operators. Apparently, some are owned by chains like Specsavers and the article points out concerns about there being pecuniary interests to refer patients which may not be in patients' best interests. In addition, the private operators of such services pay to doctors a going rate much higher than the NHS, with concerns expressed by the Royal College of Ophthalmologists that this means doctors are leaving the NHS for a much cushier and more well-paid life, when there is a shortage of 290-360 consultants in the NHS, as I found out with my mother who had problems with her eyes. The article also points out that, surprise, surprise, it is not the private sector which trains ophthalmologists.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024