Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town in 5 - the very first one from over 2 years ago 19:48 - Mar 3 with 1699 viewsKeno

I was curious about different things felt when these started and this is the first one.

Two immediate comments the crowd was 21,000 and there really wasnt the bond between team and fans as there is now.

These are very special times arent they

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Town in 5 - the very first one from over 2 years ago on 19:55 - Mar 3 with 1619 viewsSitfcB

The players arriving like that just seems weird now

That benchwear was horrendous as well, red ffs.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Town in 5 - the very first one from over 2 years ago on 19:57 - Mar 3 with 1607 viewsKeno

Town in 5 - the very first one from over 2 years ago on 19:55 - Mar 3 by SitfcB

The players arriving like that just seems weird now

That benchwear was horrendous as well, red ffs.

yes it the team arriving together kind of sets a tone doesn’t it
[Post edited 3 Mar 20:17]

Town in 5 - the very first one from over 2 years ago on 20:05 - Mar 3 with 1577 viewsChurchman

I wonder what Town in 5 would have looked like say four years ago?

But yes, the progression in two years has been astonishing. Interesting.
[Post edited 3 Mar 20:31]
Town in 5 - the very first one from over 2 years ago on 20:06 - Mar 3 with 1572 viewsGarv

Obviously it didn't work out under Cook but that Fraser goal felt like lift off for the new US regime. The Chaplin assist and finish is class.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Town in 5 - the very first one from over 2 years ago on 20:16 - Mar 3 with 1508 viewsSitfcB

Town in 5 - the very first one from over 2 years ago on 20:05 - Mar 3 by Churchman

Plenty of progression off the pitch as well as on it, media department have had significant investment and upgrades compared to what it used to be, that kind of stuff goes a bit unnoticed I think and fair play to the owners/Ashton for recognising that needed doing, I think we used to have 1/2 people do the whole media job with other people chipping in who had different roles altogether and probably one camera.

Now there’s quite a bit media team with plenty of equipment.
[Post edited 3 Mar 20:27]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Town in 5 - the very first one from over 2 years ago on 20:22 - Mar 3 with 1461 viewsSteve_M

A couple of things to note on the crowd though: it was the first live match most of us there had seen for nearly 18 months and with so many new players that Summer we were still working out who was who.

Only really Chaplin and Burns, and latterly Vaz, of the new players that day who’ve achieved anything too. Scattergun recruitment that Summer.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Town in 5 - the very first one from over 2 years ago on 20:54 - Mar 3 with 1275 viewsSteve_M

Town in 5 - the very first one from over 2 years ago on 20:05 - Mar 3 by Churchman

Well by the middle of March four years ago it would have been everyone sat at home on a Saturday afternoon every week.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Town in 5 - the very first one from over 2 years ago on 20:58 - Mar 3 with 1244 viewsChurchman

Town in 5 - the very first one from over 2 years ago on 20:54 - Mar 3 by Steve_M

Well by the middle of March four years ago it would have been everyone sat at home on a Saturday afternoon every week.

Good point! Five then
Login to get fewer ads

Town in 5 - the very first one from over 2 years ago on 21:15 - Mar 3 with 1154 viewsBugs

Town in 5 - the very first one from over 2 years ago on 20:16 - Mar 3 by SitfcB

Plenty of progression off the pitch as well as on it, media department have had significant investment and upgrades compared to what it used to be, that kind of stuff goes a bit unnoticed I think and fair play to the owners/Ashton for recognising that needed doing, I think we used to have 1/2 people do the whole media job with other people chipping in who had different roles altogether and probably one camera.

Now there’s quite a bit media team with plenty of equipment.
[Post edited 3 Mar 20:27]

To be fair to the media team that put out that town first in 5. This season I have seen a couple other club's equivalent, and they are nowhere near as good as that.

But yeah, our media team has better standards and resources now.

Also, I was at that game and have no recollection of it what's so ever.
Town in 5 - the very first one from over 2 years ago on 21:18 - Mar 3 with 1135 viewsbaxterbasics

Great now I'm stuck watching all of these from the start.

Got as far as the first KM games.

Amazing how many players I had forgotten even existed! But like most of the fairweathers I wasn't watching a lot of games back then.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Town in 5 - the very first one from over 2 years ago on 21:21 - Mar 3 with 1108 viewsKeno

Town in 5 - the very first one from over 2 years ago on 21:18 - Mar 3 by baxterbasics

Great now I'm stuck watching all of these from the start.

Got as far as the first KM games.

Amazing how many players I had forgotten even existed! But like most of the fairweathers I wasn't watching a lot of games back then.

Sorry Baxter!

Although you have just make me think about that ….

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024