Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Observations from first game at PR in over two years 10:00 - Dec 27 with 566 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I only make the a game or two when back at Christmas these days unfortunately and it looked like after Wycombe last year I was in the cusp of seeing another 1-0 defeat. However, I thought we more than deserved our goal, very decent performance last night. I’d rather have seen Broadhead start, especially at home. The need for a striker is even more pressing now if Hirst is out for any period of time. Overall though we really never stopped second half and if we pulled one back earlier might have easily gone on to win it. Got lucky with the Penalty call I think, we’d have been annoyed if it was the other way.

Great to see Portman Road full again and run into some old faces, it’s such an awesome scene under the lights. I did think the atmosphere was lacking though and I was very near the North Stand. For a top two clash and a team that’s been so good at home surely the place should be on fire. Maybe we are not used to being 1 down for most of that game but that shouldn’t be an excuse. Thought it was pretty muted to be honest. Just a bit of drumming from the A block and a couple of half hearted chants. Not the NS I remember but it’d been a while. With the year we have had was just expecting a bit more.

All in all a great night though, enjoy the rest of the festive season. I’ll go back from supporting from afar. Hopefully no trip required in May ;)
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 10:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024