Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don’t know Ipswich very well…… 12:51 - Nov 19 with 3697 viewsbobbyramsey

I only really know how to get to Portman Rd.

Is it a comfortable walk from the station to the hospital in Heath Rd? How long would it take do you think?

Cheers.
I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 12:54 - Nov 19 with 3642 viewsgainsboroughblue

About an hour to be honest! And up hill.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 12:55 - Nov 19 with 3613 viewsbobbyramsey

I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 12:54 - Nov 19 by gainsboroughblue

About an hour to be honest! And up hill.

Really?

Ok thanks, I’ll drive……..;)
I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 12:59 - Nov 19 with 3574 viewshoppy

I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 12:55 - Nov 19 by bobbyramsey

Really?

Or buses from the train station?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 13:02 - Nov 19 with 3567 viewsgainsboroughblue

I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 12:59 - Nov 19 by hoppy

Or buses from the train station?

I did think to suggest that but wondered if it would be a bit convoluted. I think you'd need to split the journey up from Tower Ramparts (or Sailmakers) and get the number 5, 6 or 11.

Gone are the days of linked routes on Ipswich buses. Used to save me a fortune in fares if I hid upstairs.

I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 13:14 - Nov 19 with 3502 viewsArnieM

It’s just under 3miles and as has been said previously, all up hill. If you go by car and are visiting the hospital. I tend to park on the bit of rough ground to the left of the shop/ kiosk in the Apple Green Petrol station and then use pedestrian crossings to get across to the path that goes into the hospital. You’re not under time constraints re parking. They use the plate recognition system there, and you get half hour parking free I think.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 13:18 - Nov 19 with 3483 viewsbobbyramsey

I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 13:02 - Nov 19 by gainsboroughblue

I did think to suggest that but wondered if it would be a bit convoluted. I think you'd need to split the journey up from Tower Ramparts (or Sailmakers) and get the number 5, 6 or 11.

Gone are the days of linked routes on Ipswich buses. Used to save me a fortune in fares if I hid upstairs.

Is there a direct bus link to the town centre? I can walk from there…..
I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 13:22 - Nov 19 with 3422 viewstrncbluearmy

Park and ride bus route 800 stops near hospital
[Post edited 19 Nov 2023 13:24]
I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 13:23 - Nov 19 with 3416 viewsgainsboroughblue

I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 13:18 - Nov 19 by bobbyramsey

Is there a direct bus link to the town centre? I can walk from there…..

The no.66 First Eastern bus goes from Ipswich Station. That will get you near to the hospital. Get off at Woodbridge Road East (near the garage that Arnie mentioned)., and it's a right hand turn down into Heath Road. There will be plenty of signposts to help you out at that point.

Login to get fewer ads

I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 13:31 - Nov 19 with 3363 viewsbobbyramsey

Thank for all your help, I have an early appointment and not a lot of room for error .

Still think I’ll drive.
I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 13:38 - Nov 19 with 3310 viewsUSA

https://www.ipswichbuses.co.uk/timetables/

Bus 5 or 6
I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 13:38 - Nov 19 with 3311 viewsDouble_Dutch

I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 13:23 - Nov 19 by gainsboroughblue

The no.66 First Eastern bus goes from Ipswich Station. That will get you near to the hospital. Get off at Woodbridge Road East (near the garage that Arnie mentioned)., and it's a right hand turn down into Heath Road. There will be plenty of signposts to help you out at that point.

If you're getting off at Woodbridge Road East, no need to walk around into Heath Road. As you get off the bus, use the pedestrian crossing and enter the hospital grounds next to the bus stop, on the roundabout, which heads back into Town, towards Spring and Woodbridge Roads. The walk and cycle path will take you directly through the front of the hospital grounds, where, if you're attending a clinic appointment, you walk passed the maternity block (tallest building in the grounds) and, take the first turning on the right into outpatients clinics, Entrance 6.
I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 13:44 - Nov 19 with 3276 viewsgainsboroughblue

I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 13:38 - Nov 19 by Double_Dutch

If you're getting off at Woodbridge Road East, no need to walk around into Heath Road. As you get off the bus, use the pedestrian crossing and enter the hospital grounds next to the bus stop, on the roundabout, which heads back into Town, towards Spring and Woodbridge Roads. The walk and cycle path will take you directly through the front of the hospital grounds, where, if you're attending a clinic appointment, you walk passed the maternity block (tallest building in the grounds) and, take the first turning on the right into outpatients clinics, Entrance 6.

Yeah. That's what I would tell someone if they were more familiar with Ipswich as a whole. For someone who only really knows PR, thought it would be more helpful to direct as close to Heath Road itself from there. If they notice any signs for cut throughs etc themselves, then fine.

I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 13:54 - Nov 19 with 3219 viewsDouble_Dutch

I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 13:44 - Nov 19 by gainsboroughblue

Yeah. That's what I would tell someone if they were more familiar with Ipswich as a whole. For someone who only really knows PR, thought it would be more helpful to direct as close to Heath Road itself from there. If they notice any signs for cut throughs etc themselves, then fine.

Apologies, didn't mean to counter your advice in a negative way. The entrance I mentioned, is not really a cut through, but an actual entrance into the hospital grounds from Woodridge Road East. When getting off the bus at this point, you would need to use the mentioned pedestrian crossing, with the hospital entrance directly in front of you. I just thought that this may have been easier for the poster and, perhaps less confusing when using the crossing and seeing the entrance.
I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 14:05 - Nov 19 with 3139 viewsstonojnr

I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 13:02 - Nov 19 by gainsboroughblue

er the 66 ? bus stop at the railway station, goes all the way past Heath Rd, get off at Woodbridge Road East coop, cross the road your at the hospital.
I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 15:14 - Nov 19 with 2867 viewsjontysnut

http://www.traveline.info/

Put start and end points plus time into this
I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 15:28 - Nov 19 with 2796 viewstextbackup

I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 12:55 - Nov 19 by bobbyramsey

Really?

Route 66 will take you from station doors to Woodbridge road east, then a 5min walk 👍

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 18:33 - Nov 20 with 1886 viewsHipsterectomy

Stop off at the Golf Hotel on Foxhall Road a few minute walk away

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 19:11 - Nov 20 with 1791 viewsnorth_stand77

I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 15:28 - Nov 19 by textbackup

Route 66 will take you from station doors to Woodbridge road east, then a 5min walk 👍

......or across the USA, ( If you're feeling particularly adventurous )
I don’t know Ipswich very well…… on 06:40 - Nov 21 with 1508 viewsElephantintheRoom

Perhaps you should be asking the hospital web site? They give you all the public transport options though it would be a brave person to rely on public transport to reach an appointment.

It’s been a while since I was ferrying parents to appointments but you need to be aware that the parking is hopelessly inadequate (and expensive) and you probably wont find a space. A taxi might be your best option

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024