Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading tickets 17:07 - Aug 28 with 1721 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Who hasn't got theirs yet? Seems ridiculous that tickets only reached general sale on Friday, but as Monday is a bank holiday with no post, hundreds of postal tickets won't have been delivered. I hope that the Reading away ticket collection point is ready to cope with the numbers that will need to collect alternative tickets.

Poll: would you rather

Reading tickets on 17:08 - Aug 28 with 1712 viewsxrayspecs

The last batch of tickets were collection only. Town stopped posting them on Thursday?
Reading tickets on 17:17 - Aug 28 with 1651 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Reading tickets on 17:08 - Aug 28 by xrayspecs

The last batch of tickets were collection only. Town stopped posting them on Thursday?

I purchased mine on Thursday morning (S/T but no membership) - but haven't received it yet. Likewise for my son. I think the ticket office put the tickets on sale far too late, then with the priority system it has meant that lots of people wont get the tickets in time. Royal Mail is pants at the best of times, need to allow at least 3-4 working days for tickets to get to people as many people will be working and can't be at home on the day of the match to receive the post.

Poll: would you rather

Reading tickets on 17:27 - Aug 28 with 1607 viewsxrayspecs

Reading tickets on 17:17 - Aug 28 by LegendofthePhoenix

I purchased mine on Thursday morning (S/T but no membership) - but haven't received it yet. Likewise for my son. I think the ticket office put the tickets on sale far too late, then with the priority system it has meant that lots of people wont get the tickets in time. Royal Mail is pants at the best of times, need to allow at least 3-4 working days for tickets to get to people as many people will be working and can't be at home on the day of the match to receive the post.

We bought our on Thursday and they arrived Saturday morning. Hopefully be with you in the morning.

I suspect timings depend on when tickets are released to the club by Reading.
Reading tickets on 17:32 - Aug 28 with 1587 viewsDinDjarin

It finished yesterday mate.
Reading tickets on 18:02 - Aug 28 with 1522 viewsRegencyBlue

Reading tickets on 17:17 - Aug 28 by LegendofthePhoenix

If you don’t have them by tomorrow morning you’ll need to contact the ticket office who will arrange for duplicates to be available for pick up at Reading.

This whole Reading situation has been chaotic because of people buying tickets they don’t intend to use for the points by the look of it. The club obviously got caught out by the demand and didn’t get enough up front.

Hopefully lessons have been learned.
Reading tickets on 23:19 - Aug 28 with 1247 viewsFacefacts

I still don't get people paying so much just to stack up the points for Carrow Road. It means away tickets for Norwich are having to be paid for throughout the season and will cost £100s. Can't get my head around it.
Reading tickets on 07:28 - Aug 29 with 1122 viewsDinDjarin

Reading tickets on 23:19 - Aug 28 by Facefacts

I still don't get people paying so much just to stack up the points for Carrow Road. It means away tickets for Norwich are having to be paid for throughout the season and will cost £100s. Can't get my head around it.

Will be to keep ahead next season also.

Be lots more in the 15 to 20 range next season
Reading tickets on 07:33 - Aug 29 with 1100 viewstextbackup

Reading tickets on 07:28 - Aug 29 by DinDjarin

Will be to keep ahead next season also.

Be lots more in the 15 to 20 range next season

This is the thing, this points system will now be in place for the foreseeable.

They won’t flog memberships at £40 a go next season if they put everyone back down to 5 points and start again, so it a rolling thing.

In 2/3/4/5 years time we might need to be in the 100+ points category for a Tottenham away ticket for example

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Reading tickets on 07:37 - Aug 29 with 1087 viewsSheffordBlue

Reading tickets on 07:33 - Aug 29 by textbackup

This is the thing, this points system will now be in place for the foreseeable.

They won’t flog memberships at £40 a go next season if they put everyone back down to 5 points and start again, so it a rolling thing.

In 2/3/4/5 years time we might need to be in the 100+ points category for a Tottenham away ticket for example

Think they've said that one season will carry over so next season it will be 5 points + however many away games you do this season.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Reading tickets on 08:09 - Aug 29 with 1013 viewskeanekipper

Reading tickets on 18:02 - Aug 28 by RegencyBlue

If you don’t have them by tomorrow morning you’ll need to contact the ticket office who will arrange for duplicates to be available for pick up at Reading.

This whole Reading situation has been chaotic because of people buying tickets they don’t intend to use for the points by the look of it. The club obviously got caught out by the demand and didn’t get enough up front.

Hopefully lessons have been learned.

spouting nonsense like its a fact. Not even seen the turnout tonight.
Reading tickets on 22:11 - Aug 31 with 716 viewsRegencyBlue

Reading tickets on 08:09 - Aug 29 by keanekipper

spouting nonsense like its a fact. Not even seen the turnout tonight.

Hmm!

3000 tickets sold, 2200 odd fans on the night.

You were saying?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024