Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
with our newly reported monster debt repayments in mind 12:46 - Jul 26 with 1204 viewsgiant_stow

is it any wonder that Starmer is treading so carefully? And its not like this can even be solely blamed on the Tories either - this time it appears to be civil servants messing up on the type of bonds issued. Is this whole country just full of crap useless people? Why have pother nations with far more debt avoided this pratfall?

Gawd, we're in so much trouble on so many fronts.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

with our newly reported monster debt repayments in mind on 12:53 - Jul 26 with 1155 viewsElephantintheRoom

Relax. The gurning Americans are borrowing £25 million just to get out of division 3 - and their soccer project is just a tiny bit of the UK. Just talk about investment in the UK project and adding value to the country - and perhaps buy another shirt - it’ll be OK

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

with our newly reported monster debt repayments in mind on 12:58 - Jul 26 with 1117 viewsgiant_stow

with our newly reported monster debt repayments in mind on 12:53 - Jul 26 by ElephantintheRoom

Relax. The gurning Americans are borrowing £25 million just to get out of division 3 - and their soccer project is just a tiny bit of the UK. Just talk about investment in the UK project and adding value to the country - and perhaps buy another shirt - it’ll be OK

don't know about that, but I may retire from being a news nerd - starting to think (total) ignorance is the best bet.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

with our newly reported monster debt repayments in mind on 13:02 - Jul 26 with 1104 viewslowhouseblue

it's also that he has the spectre of truss / kwarteng hanging over him. never has the need for fiscal sustainability been expressed in such concrete terms. there isn't a single debt level that's sustainable. it depends on market confidence in fiscal plans. critically it depends on growth expectations. if we had a quick fall in inflation and a pick up in growth the outlook would quickly look different.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

with our newly reported monster debt repayments in mind on 13:14 - Jul 26 with 1062 viewsgiant_stow

with our newly reported monster debt repayments in mind on 13:02 - Jul 26 by lowhouseblue

it's also that he has the spectre of truss / kwarteng hanging over him. never has the need for fiscal sustainability been expressed in such concrete terms. there isn't a single debt level that's sustainable. it depends on market confidence in fiscal plans. critically it depends on growth expectations. if we had a quick fall in inflation and a pick up in growth the outlook would quickly look different.

Thanks Lowhouse - I needed a pep talk - all is not yet lost. (talking of crap useless people, I may be letting my own financial failings cloud my mood).

with our newly reported monster debt repayments in mind on 13:34 - Jul 26 with 1009 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Do you mean all that money the public bailed the illiquid banks out with who have been paying themselves billions in bonuses ever since and which has fuelled commodity inflation? That money?
Starmer should be pushing for a fundamental reset/revolution.....as should we all.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

with our newly reported monster debt repayments in mind on 13:35 - Jul 26 with 1006 viewsChurchman

with our newly reported monster debt repayments in mind on 13:02 - Jul 26 by lowhouseblue

Well, inflation rate of increase fell sharper than expected this month and exports to the EU are back up to 2019 levels. The recently signed Trans Pacific Trade Partnership agreement won’t directly affect the economy by comparison with the catastrophic 4% (minimum) GDP hit from leaving the EU, but it is politically important. So there’s a bit of good news to cheer.

Everything else? The tories have smashed the economy, the credibility of this country, democracy, inflation is well above peer countries, they’ve left the country internally and externally defenceless, socially divided it, ensured the U.K. will break up sooner rather than later, impoverished millions while lining their own pockets.

Oh and there’s 18 months more of these swines to endure.

Oh well, roll on the new season, despite that elephant bloke’s hatred of our club.
with our newly reported monster debt repayments in mind on 13:36 - Jul 26 with 998 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

with our newly reported monster debt repayments in mind on 12:58 - Jul 26 by giant_stow

don't know about that, but I may retire from being a news nerd - starting to think (total) ignorance is the best bet.

They're counting on it.....now back to tapping my screen!

with our newly reported monster debt repayments in mind on 13:40 - Jul 26 with 968 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I blasted this out very loud this morning to clear out some cobwebs, give it a go.....

Login to get fewer ads

with our newly reported monster debt repayments in mind on 13:43 - Jul 26 with 945 viewslowhouseblue

with our newly reported monster debt repayments in mind on 13:35 - Jul 26 by Churchman

Well, inflation rate of increase fell sharper than expected this month and exports to the EU are back up to 2019 levels. The recently signed Trans Pacific Trade Partnership agreement won’t directly affect the economy by comparison with the catastrophic 4% (minimum) GDP hit from leaving the EU, but it is politically important. So there’s a bit of good news to cheer.

Everything else? The tories have smashed the economy, the credibility of this country, democracy, inflation is well above peer countries, they’ve left the country internally and externally defenceless, socially divided it, ensured the U.K. will break up sooner rather than later, impoverished millions while lining their own pockets.

Oh and there’s 18 months more of these swines to endure.

Oh well, roll on the new season, despite that elephant bloke’s hatred of our club.

the uk macro economy has always been a basket case throughout the last 50 years. it's also always been one of the biggest and wealthiest in the world throughout that same time. our credibility has been smashed time and time again since the late 50s. we're always in a rolling crisis interrupted by short periods when we're not. the end is always nigh. anyone with a slightly longer term perspective would probably say that in macro terms the current highly unusual period isn't actually all that unusual and the current crisis isn't that different from all the previous crises. and still we're a successful and rich country.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

with our newly reported monster debt repayments in mind on 13:48 - Jul 26 with 931 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

In other words Ullers, stay in your box, keep buying stuff do what you're told and be grateful for what you're given.....the grown up, clever people have it all under control.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024