Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wycombe and Cheltenham games similar 19:39 - Apr 11 with 842 viewsRIPbobby

I was wondering if the matches this Easter were similar, but we didn't get the breaks at Cheltenham. My thinking of Fridays game was that Wycombe stifled us well, but we had that quality, just at the right time. I think Wycombe players sat in there changing room at half time thinking 'wow we played pretty well there and are 2 down'. So maybe those matches weren't that dissimilar, just we had a bit more quality on Friday.

Looking forward to Saturday and Tuesdays matches. 6 points will be lovely. 😁
Wycombe and Cheltenham games similar on 22:03 - Apr 11 with 696 viewsVaughan8

I think Cheltenham definitely had more attacking intent that Wycombe.

Ipswich never seemed in control like on Friday.

On Friday I was confident Ipswich would win. Monday I wasn't and Cheltenham had a few near missed first half. Wycombe didn't have anything much going forward.
Wycombe and Cheltenham games similar on 22:14 - Apr 11 with 660 viewsdavblue

Wycombe and Cheltenham games similar on 22:03 - Apr 11 by Vaughan8

On Friday I was confident Ipswich would win. Monday I wasn't and Cheltenham had a few near missed first half. Wycombe didn't have anything much going forward.

Wycombe had no focal point, Vokes, McCleary both out and Hanlan isn’t a back to goal striker, he’s better out wide.

As soon as we went up the game was over as they didn’t have the tools
To trouble us.
Wycombe and Cheltenham games similar on 22:15 - Apr 11 with 659 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Wycombe and Cheltenham games similar on 22:03 - Apr 11 by Vaughan8

Cheltenham are not a bad side in this league, some of the problems some had with the result, is the assumption that Cheltenham,(small club, ex-non league) must be there for the taking.

They aren't and thankfully, most of us have caught on to this by now. But, they've become one of those horrible clubs that we don't want to play and don't like playing, (like Bolton in the late 90s).

Hopefully, we won't play them again anytime soon.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Wycombe and Cheltenham games similar on 15:08 - Apr 12 with 417 viewsSawtrich

Some stats from both games

v Wycombe

XG 1.83 0.19
Attempts 14 6
On target 6 0

v Cheltenham (Ipswich first!)

XG 1.47 0.34
Attempts 23 7
On target 9 3

Not massively dissimilar. It shows how goals can change your perspective. For example Burns goal against Wycombe went straight through the keeper, he hit one straight at the Cheltenham keeper that was scrambled clear.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024