Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley game 19:09 - Apr 7 with 2231 viewsBent_double

I know, I know, one game at a time, eh!

But this game has now gone from being a potentially tricky one a couple of weeks ago, when they were on fire, having just beaten their local rivals to something else entirely.

Now, it looks like top 2 is out of reach for them, so they will just be sorting out their position for the play-offs, maybe even resting a couple of key players, with the added bonus of helping keep SW out of top 2 if they lose to us.

We can win there anyway, but it looks like that phantom call-up for Leigh has helped us more than we could have hoped!

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Barnsley game on 19:12 - Apr 7 with 2149 viewsFreddies_Ears

Spot on. There was always that possibility, and it is playing out as we had hoped.

I feel that Barnsley are out of the picture - they need to win all their games and hope we lose 2 and draw 1. That's a big ask.
Barnsley game on 19:27 - Apr 7 with 2050 viewsjas0999

Peterborough could be the tricky one. They will want to beat us regardless.
Barnsley game on 19:40 - Apr 7 with 1939 viewsBlueBadger

Barnsley game on 19:12 - Apr 7 by Freddies_Ears

Spot on. There was always that possibility, and it is playing out as we had hoped.

I feel that Barnsley are out of the picture - they need to win all their games and hope we lose 2 and draw 1. That's a big ask.

Particularly given that we're not going to lose again this season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Barnsley game on 20:42 - Apr 7 with 1736 viewsBent_double

Barnsley game on 19:27 - Apr 7 by jas0999

I agree, we should beat them, but they'll treat it like a derby match.

I'm still looking for revenge for that 7-1 humiliation all those years ago, grrrr.

Barnsley game on 20:49 - Apr 7 with 1646 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Barnsley game on 19:12 - Apr 7 by Freddies_Ears

If they win all the rest of theirs, that's a defeat for us already.

If they are out of the automatic picture by the time we play, they could still see it as an opportunity to get a win against a side they could then face in the play-offs. I think the only difference in playing them when we will is the form each side is on. Form does not always predict results anyway.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Barnsley game on 21:28 - Apr 7 with 1479 viewsringwoodblue

Barnsley had 20 shots to Burton’s 7, they had nine on target and scored only one while Burton had two shots on target and scored them both. That’s not very good but they will be a different prospect at Oakwell I suspect so I’m not discounting them just yet.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Barnsley game on 21:34 - Apr 7 with 1440 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Barnsley game on 21:28 - Apr 7 by ringwoodblue

Barnsley had 20 shots to Burton’s 7, they had nine on target and scored only one while Burton had two shots on target and scored them both. That’s not very good but they will be a different prospect at Oakwell I suspect so I’m not discounting them just yet.

Same, plenty of games yet, take nothing for granted. We have some tough games still but let's hope its all immaterial come Barnsley

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Barnsley game on 21:48 - Apr 7 with 1373 viewsBent_double

Barnsley game on 21:28 - Apr 7 by ringwoodblue

Not discounting them for top 2? They're effectively 7 points behind us, with just 7 games left, I would say they need to win all those games to be in with a shout - which they won't do - so it's play-offs for them.

Login to get fewer ads

Barnsley game on 23:31 - Apr 7 with 1217 viewsParisBlue

Next 3 games are the important ones, if we can max out on those the last 4, which look tougher, will look after themselves.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 23:32]

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Barnsley game on 23:46 - Apr 7 with 1126 viewspointofblue

Barnsley have won their last seven at Oakwell, scoring 24 in the process, since a 3-0 defeat to Bolton on 2nd January.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Barnsley game on 00:04 - Apr 8 with 1052 viewsBluespeed225

Barnsley game on 19:27 - Apr 7 by jas0999

Yup, this one is the one that has me bum twitching, just because they'll go with all out sh*thousery to foil us. Now though, I think we could mix it if needed. Sam and Massimo are a match for anyone, and we've got a lot more streetwise in the last month or so. I say let them(and me) worry, the lads will take care of business.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024