Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Had a feeling there might be some saying Ladapo 21:57 - Dec 29 with 1038 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Isn’t good enough on the back of that. Truth is, he’s a very good player to lead the line.
What we really miss is a game changer, we struggle to find a way through the low block and we need someone we can throw on with 20 to play who can change everything with one pass, but is a luxury player.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Had a feeling there might be some saying Ladapo on 00:04 - Dec 30 with 881 viewsArnoldMoorhen

If we had had Colby Bishop or Cole Stockton or Michael Smith leading the line, with two of Chaplin, Ladappo and Harness as the support strikers/pressers/worker bees, then we would be more than a match for anyone in the division, in my opinion.

If you play a system where most of your chances come from crosses from Burns and Davis then you need a Centre Forward who will make sure that they challenge for every single one of those crosses.
Had a feeling there might be some saying Ladapo on 10:30 - Dec 30 with 634 viewsBattersea_Blue

Had a feeling there might be some saying Ladapo on 00:04 - Dec 30 by ArnoldMoorhen

If we had had Colby Bishop or Cole Stockton or Michael Smith leading the line, with two of Chaplin, Ladappo and Harness as the support strikers/pressers/worker bees, then we would be more than a match for anyone in the division, in my opinion.

If you play a system where most of your chances come from crosses from Burns and Davis then you need a Centre Forward who will make sure that they challenge for every single one of those crosses.

Couldn't agree more.

I don't think Ladapo is good enough, by a long way. He's not one of those natural "in the right place at the right time" players and when he does get chances he misses the majority and/or makes the wrong choice/decision. I thought he was poor again last night.

Having said that, as good as Burns and Davis are at getting the ball over, more often than not it's the wrong ball to the wrong area.
Had a feeling there might be some saying Ladapo on 10:59 - Dec 30 with 570 viewsBigCommon

I like Ladapo and what he brings. Last night, I thought he was a few percent off with his sharpness, as were a few others. It happens.He was excellent on Saturday, as were others. They've played a lot of football lately, with illness in the camp, so I'm not going to be too harsh on anyone based on last night's result. Which I thought was a decent, well earned point..
I've heard critism of a few players recently. Why isn't our forward doing this? Or why isn't Burns doing that? Or why are we pass,pass,pass?..
Simple answer is. They are doing what the manager has asked them to do. The things they train at all week. A system that has served us well so far. Not sure there's room for mavericks in a KM squad. It's do as you're told and trust the process. We won't know the true worth in this, with our current squad, untill the league has finished and promotion places are decided. There's not much point in micro analysing 5mins of a players performance here and there. The bigger picture has us currently promoted, as top scorers. Which suggests that there isnt a lot wrong atm. Even if some people think the whole World is caving in, every time we drop points.
Had a feeling there might be some saying Ladapo on 11:10 - Dec 30 with 520 viewstractorboy1978

Had a feeling there might be some saying Ladapo on 00:04 - Dec 30 by ArnoldMoorhen

What has Stockton done this season?

Ladapo has more league goals than Smith and more non-penalty league goals than Bishop.
Had a feeling there might be some saying Ladapo on 11:13 - Dec 30 with 503 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Had a feeling there might be some saying Ladapo on 11:10 - Dec 30 by tractorboy1978

What has Stockton done this season?

Ladapo has more league goals than Smith and more non-penalty league goals than Bishop.

Yes, but I have never seen Stockton, Smith or Bishop fail to get on the end of a cross or fail to hit the target when they have the ball. Apart from on the odd occasion that I have watched them play.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024