Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With the press-conference talk of looking forward to the Burton game... 01:43 - Aug 15 with 1329 viewsKropotkin123

Here's what I've looked at...

Accrington 4 v 4 Burton
Davis Keillor-Dunn has established himself as the standout attacking player for Burton, with a hattrick in this game against Accrington. Burton had 15 shots, 9 on target, and scored 4 (15:5:4). This gave them a conversion rate of 26%, which is relatively high.

You get the feeling, reading the stats and watching the highlights, that this was a game where things went their way upfront. For example, despite their flurry of goals, Burton have only had an average of 10 shots a game (21st) compare to Ipswich's 19.3 per game (1st).

So far Ipswich have limited teams to 5:1:1 (Bolton), 9:5:1 (Forest Green), and 6:2:0 (Milton Keynes). This is an average of 6.7 shots against per game (1st), which will likely mean Burton will have comparatively few opportunities compared to their already low average.

Burton 0 v 4 Bristol Rovers
Burton shipped a further 4 goals in their previous league game, which is probably why their thread on the upcoming Town game is starting on a downer "I expect this will be a test... Marcus Harness to score at least one...". You can follow their build up to the game here: https://burtonbrewers.proboards.com/thread/4975/ipswich-town-home.

In this game Burton had a player sent of after just 1 minute, and when the dust had finally settled, Bristol Roves scored from the resulting freekick. Despite this, Burton's defending looks pretty woeful. They seemed to lack the will-power to put in a tackle and the energy or shape to keep up with the Bristol Rovers players. If they turn up like this and we have our shooting boots on it could be a Doncaster score line.

Wycombe 3 v 0 Burton
Burton started their campaign with a 3-0 loss to Wycombe. Burton were limited to 9 shots in this game. In defence they again seem to be standing off the opposition and hoping to block a shot, rather than trying to press/close down and actually tackle the opposition.

The biggest issue for Burton is they allow so many shots against them (20.3pg, 24th), and part of that seems to be how few tackles they are prepared to put in per game (12.3pg, 16th).

Burton seem to favour playing it long, and only retain possession for an average of 44% of the game (21st), so we are going to have to be prepared to take these balls out of the air and play our game.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

With the press-conference talk of looking forward to the Burton game... on 02:45 - Aug 15 with 1242 viewsIllinoisblue

The more I read about Burton leaking goals the more convinced I am the game will end goalless. I’m going to stop reading.

Good analysis btw

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

With the press-conference talk of looking forward to the Burton game... on 03:30 - Aug 15 with 1210 viewsKropotkin123

With the press-conference talk of looking forward to the Burton game... on 02:45 - Aug 15 by Illinoisblue

The more I read about Burton leaking goals the more convinced I am the game will end goalless. I’m going to stop reading.

Good analysis btw

That was my fear as I was writing it, haha

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

With the press-conference talk of looking forward to the Burton game... on 06:29 - Aug 15 with 1108 viewsSitfcB

With the press-conference talk of looking forward to the Burton game... on 02:45 - Aug 15 by Illinoisblue

Good analysis btw

6-0 ITFC win

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

With the press-conference talk of looking forward to the Burton game... on 07:10 - Aug 15 with 1035 viewsMetal_Hacker

Good analysis btw

Better be goals (from us ) as I’m travelling down from sunny Yorkshire for this one !

Poll: If it were one or the other

With the press-conference talk of looking forward to the Burton game... on 08:00 - Aug 15 with 908 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Very good work that.

So, we give Keillor-Dunn no space, deal with the long balls and convert some of the numerous chances resulting from the ample space given to us in which to create them, and then we are in MMc's words, home and hosed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024