Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ladapo 10:58 - Aug 13 with 763 viewscressi

I think his done OK and Hirst would have done No better think he needs players closer to him isolated at times I prefer a two up front but that's another debate. Need another striker as Ladapo will have injuries, illness or suspensions.
Ladapo on 11:14 - Aug 13 with 693 viewsBudapestByBlimp

I don't think any striker in our system will score loads of goals. I expect by the end of the season Morsy, Chaplin and Burns will probably have as many goals as Ladapo. Our high press and possession based football mean most teams will sit deep for the majority of the game giving the striker very little space (he may pick up the odd scrambled goal if the ball falls to him or touch in a low cross). He (and Jackson) are more likely to score when we are playing stronger teams away from home and the game becomes stretched. I certainly don't think he has been isolated as we have lots of players in and around the box during our attacks.

Yes, we do need another striker in case of injuries/suspension.
Ladapo on 11:17 - Aug 13 with 679 viewsbournemouthblue

Ladapo on 11:14 - Aug 13 by BudapestByBlimp

I don't think any striker in our system will score loads of goals. I expect by the end of the season Morsy, Chaplin and Burns will probably have as many goals as Ladapo. Our high press and possession based football mean most teams will sit deep for the majority of the game giving the striker very little space (he may pick up the odd scrambled goal if the ball falls to him or touch in a low cross). He (and Jackson) are more likely to score when we are playing stronger teams away from home and the game becomes stretched. I certainly don't think he has been isolated as we have lots of players in and around the box during our attacks.

Which I suppose is how Piggot scored most of his goals at AFC Wimbledon

Is a fox in the box more what we need or do we need a targetman with a fox in the box instinct?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Ladapo on 11:19 - Aug 13 with 676 viewsBobsthename

Ladapo on 11:14 - Aug 13 by BudapestByBlimp

Mitrovic from Fulham would.
Ladapo on 11:44 - Aug 13 with 615 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Ladapo on 11:17 - Aug 13 by bournemouthblue

Is a fox in the box more what we need or do we need a targetman with a fox in the box instinct?

We need a striker that's a bit of both, strong enough to hold up play on his own up front and link with runners but also nimble enough to find small spaces in the box to score. Ladapo may be that - I don't know as I've only seen him play 2 games for us - but I think our whole system is set up so we have 6 goalscorers on the pitch at any one time. We need to move away from the idea that changing the striker, on its own, will see an increase in goals scored.

We always look more dangerous when we move the ball forward quickly out wide and put an early low cross in before the defence has a chance to get organised.
Ladapo on 11:45 - Aug 13 with 609 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Ladapo on 11:19 - Aug 13 by Bobsthename

Maybe, let's sign him ...
Ladapo on 11:53 - Aug 13 with 577 viewsVic

Ladapo on 11:17 - Aug 13 by bournemouthblue

By definition the latter can do more so I’d go for him. I don’t think KM plays a style that needs the target man player. Also think his ‘brand’ is better suited for Championship than 3rd div.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Ladapo on 11:55 - Aug 13 with 555 viewsmylittletown

Ladapo on 11:19 - Aug 13 by Bobsthename

Yes, it is nothing to do with the system, we just miss a lot of half decent chances.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024