Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A post of positivity. 09:03 - Jul 8 with 361 viewsOwainG1992

I dunno about others but I have done the thing where you see other league one sides making signings and thinking oh he's good etc.

But I took a step back to look at our squad.

If Derby/Wycome/Sheff Wed's announced the likes of Walton, Woolfie, Fridge, Morsy, Chaplin, Burns and a good handful of others I would be genuinely concerned that could hamper our hopes or top 2.

We have such talent now.
A very promising young coach.
I genuinely believe we can do it this year.

The ambition with targeting young exciting players like Leif and Hirst is getting me buzzing with excitement compared to the despair of missing out on the likes of a Ben Pringle to Preston.

Big season ahead my friends!
[Post edited 8 Jul 2022 9:07]

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

A post of positivity. on 09:35 - Jul 8 with 226 viewsdirtyboy

Difficult to know how things will pan out though isn't it?

There are always a good handful of players who have done nothing in the prior season and then all of a sudden find their stride.

I'm just hopeful on the basis that i've seen more than enough last season to show we can dominate games and not look like we'll constantly lose, so with a few adjustments and some full season consistency, we'll hopefully have enough to at least challenge for the top 2.

Won't be easy though and I won't get carried away..

Sheff W - big team, big crowds, well supported

Derby - in whatever guise another well supported club with some decent players

MKD - play great football, well coached, recruited well after losing Twine

Peterborough - always dangerous, will be well equipped for this league.

Portsmouth - don't discredit them, remember, lots of people on here wanted the Cowley's

Barnsley - got to hope losing their strikers will put them behind where they want to be, but who knows who'll they'll be able to recruit with the money, have a squad with two seasons Champ experience and Duff is an unknown manager, not sure on this one, unknown quantity.

Oxford - good organised club, could come good for them again, some good players, but need to add some depth.

Wycombe - we all know that they can do a job on any given day

Bolton - great end to last season, they're one to watch IMO
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024