Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worth noting.... 14:21 - Jan 7 with 619 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2022/jan/07/uk-covid-news-military-hos

"The latest figure is for Tuesday 4 January and it shows that in England 13,045 patients were in hospital with Covid on that day, but only 8,200 for Covid. That means only 63% of Covid cases were in hospital primary because of Covid."

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Worth noting.... on 14:45 - Jan 7 with 562 viewsStokieBlue

Why did you leave this bit out?

"As PA Media reports, the number of patients being treated primarily for Covid rose from 5,578 on 28 December to 8,200 a week later (a jump of 47%)"

So whilst incidental covid is "worth noting", actual covid cases are also rising pretty quickly. It's also "worth noting" that once they have been found to have covid those incidental cases have to be treated differently with covid-specific rules which also causes problems.

SB
[Post edited 7 Jan 2022 14:46]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Worth noting.... on 15:18 - Jan 7 with 493 viewsBlueBadger

Worth noting.... on 14:45 - Jan 7 by StokieBlue

"As PA Media reports, the number of patients being treated primarily for Covid rose from 5,578 on 28 December to 8,200 a week later (a jump of 47%)"

So whilst incidental covid is "worth noting", actual covid cases are also rising pretty quickly. It's also "worth noting" that once they have been found to have covid those incidental cases have to be treated differently with covid-specific rules which also causes problems.

SB

The other thing with 'incidental' covid is a significant proportion of these are care home residents who will be unable to return to their place of residence for 10-14 days from the day of positive swab.

Quite often t here people generally only require a relatively short period of acute treatment but then are detained for an additional period meaning that not only are they away from their normal surroundings(which can be hugely detrimental to the well-being of the dementia affiliated population) but they're essentially taking beds off the table at a time when they're at the highest premium.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Worth noting.... on 16:14 - Jan 7 with 432 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Worth noting.... on 14:45 - Jan 7 by StokieBlue

SB

Fairly sure that I posted a link with all of this in and generally you can be relied upon to bring us all the gloomiest data and worse case scenarios. You forgot this bit of he half sentence you linked...
".....while those with Covid but being treated primarily for something else rose from 2,743 to 4,845 (a jump of 77%)."

Worth noting.... on 16:22 - Jan 7 with 405 viewsStokieBlue

Worth noting.... on 16:14 - Jan 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

Fairly sure that I posted a link with all of this in and generally you can be relied upon to bring us all the gloomiest data and worse case scenarios. You forgot this bit of he half sentence you linked...
".....while those with Covid but being treated primarily for something else rose from 2,743 to 4,845 (a jump of 77%)."

It's nothing to do with being "gloomy", it's about being balanced which is something your covid posting has never been and that many have taken exception to, not just me.

I didn't quote that part as it's essentially the same as you decided to quote but for a different country. It's also irrelevant to the point I was making which is actual covid cases are rising as well.

Your post, intentionally or not, could indicate to those not reading the article that the rise in cases wasn't an actual rise which isn't correct.

There are some things to be hopeful about without cherry picking.

SB
[Post edited 7 Jan 2022 16:24]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Worth noting.... on 16:36 - Jan 7 with 362 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Worth noting.... on 16:22 - Jan 7 by StokieBlue

It's nothing to do with being "gloomy", it's about being balanced which is something your covid posting has never been and that many have taken exception to, not just me.

I didn't quote that part as it's essentially the same as you decided to quote but for a different country. It's also irrelevant to the point I was making which is actual covid cases are rising as well.

Your post, intentionally or not, could indicate to those not reading the article that the rise in cases wasn't an actual rise which isn't correct.

There are some things to be hopeful about without cherry picking.

SB
[Post edited 7 Jan 2022 16:24]

I am not sure that your posting on Covid is as balanced as you believe but this in no way is me suggesting that what you have posted on the topic is not well received and anything but well intentioned.
I'm fairly sure I got shot down a couple of weeks or more back for daring to point to some of these hopeful things based on the South African experience but there you go. Also I do not think that anybody watching the daily reported figures would be in any doubt about the general trend. I had in fact thought those daily reported figures were for primary covid admissions as I am fairly sure has been suggested on here in the past so was pleasantly surprised to find that this is not the case.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024