Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think we need to address the "holy trinity" of..... 10:31 - Dec 16 with 874 viewsBloots

.....manager, assistant manager, captain.

They are 3 key positions that, if right, can move the team forward and create the right atmosphere which ultimately leads to the team being greater than the sum of it's individual parts.

Burley did it.

Royal did it.

Mick did it.

.....nobody since has managed it.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

I think we need to address the "holy trinity" of..... on 10:34 - Dec 16 with 832 viewsBseaBlue

There is something there with Morsy. I thought he made a difference when he came on yesterday and we took control of midfield. He needs the right bodies around him though and hopefully that is something the new manager can get sorted.
I think we need to address the "holy trinity" of..... on 10:38 - Dec 16 with 807 viewsGarv

I think we need to address the "holy trinity" of..... on 10:34 - Dec 16 by BseaBlue

There is something there with Morsy. I thought he made a difference when he came on yesterday and we took control of midfield. He needs the right bodies around him though and hopefully that is something the new manager can get sorted.

Not starting him and/or Edmundson last night was a big own goal. Even aside from their playing qualities they would have offered a bit of leadership you've have thought.

As it was we had Aluko, who I like, wearing the armband and playing centrally running into traffic all the time.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

There's a difference between..... on 10:39 - Dec 16 with 797 viewsBloots

I think we need to address the "holy trinity" of..... on 10:34 - Dec 16 by BseaBlue

.....performance on the pitch and being the club captain though.

I get the impression that he was made captain because he was a starter, he gets involved and wins a few tackles.

Plus Cook trusted him.

I'm seeing nothing to indicate that he particularly "a leader", he doesn't inspire me in any way as a captain.

I've watched his body language a few times when we concede......there's nothing there.

Edmundson looks far more.... on 10:40 - Dec 16 with 783 viewsBloots

I think we need to address the "holy trinity" of..... on 10:38 - Dec 16 by Garv

Not starting him and/or Edmundson last night was a big own goal. Even aside from their playing qualities they would have offered a bit of leadership you've have thought.

As it was we had Aluko, who I like, wearing the armband and playing centrally running into traffic all the time.

....like a captain than Morsy does.

In my opinion.

Edmundson looks far more.... on 10:43 - Dec 16 with 754 viewsGarv

Edmundson looks far more.... on 10:40 - Dec 16 by Bloots

....like a captain than Morsy does.

In my opinion.

I don't disagree but that is that just based on the fact that Edmundson is performing better?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Not particularly.... on 10:45 - Dec 16 with 743 viewsBloots

Edmundson looks far more.... on 10:43 - Dec 16 by Garv

I don't disagree but that is that just based on the fact that Edmundson is performing better?

...but there's no doubt he is.

He just seems to be more committed, he seems to care more, and he says the right things without sounding as if he's saying them just because he has to.

I think he actually wants to be here and succeed.

There's a difference between..... on 10:55 - Dec 16 with 684 viewsMetal_Hacker

There's a difference between..... on 10:39 - Dec 16 by Bloots

.....performance on the pitch and being the club captain though.

I get the impression that he was made captain because he was a starter, he gets involved and wins a few tackles.

Plus Cook trusted him.

I'm seeing nothing to indicate that he particularly "a leader", he doesn't inspire me in any way as a captain.

I've watched his body language a few times when we concede......there's nothing there.

Totally this !!

I've seen glimpses and literally only minimal glimpses of what I expected from Morsy

For me as radical as it may sound , I get rid in Jan and make The Fridge captain straight away

Get a decent tenacious , heart on your midfielder in to replace and that's half the battle for me along with a decent asst.manager

Mosry's body language whether we be ahead ,behind or whatever the position at the time doesn't demonstrate leadership in any way shape or form to me . Might be different on the pitch with conversations but to the eye of a fan watching from a distance , it certainly doesn't seem that way

And nope this isn't making him a scapegoat , it's a start to get the fundamentals right

Unless he shows the desire to be here ,what's the point

Poll: If it were one or the other

Not particularly.... on 11:00 - Dec 16 with 650 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Not particularly.... on 10:45 - Dec 16 by Bloots

He just seems to be more committed, he seems to care more, and he says the right things without sounding as if he's saying them just because he has to.

Completely agree.
Login to get fewer ads

I think we need to address the "holy trinity" of..... on 11:32 - Dec 16 with 582 viewschicoazul

First time I have seen Morsy properly last night
He looks….slow? Cumbersome? But decent on the ball.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I think we need to address the "holy trinity" of..... on 11:37 - Dec 16 with 553 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Morsy just isn’t a captain. The way he was sulking in the Charlton game when we needed someone to do something to change things suggested he isn’t the man for the job. A good player but not a captain.

I’d absolutely be giving it to Edmundson who’s probably our best player this season and is organising the defence in games with his presence and voice. He’s a leader so let him lead.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Not particularly.... on 11:38 - Dec 16 with 545 viewstextbackup

Not particularly.... on 10:45 - Dec 16 by Bloots

I mean Morsy first interview basically said ‘I didn’t really wanna come but atleast I’m here with cook’

Cooks gone…

Just don’t think he’ll hang about

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I think we need to address the "holy trinity" of..... on 11:44 - Dec 16 with 497 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I think we need to address the "holy trinity" of..... on 11:37 - Dec 16 by The_Romford_Blue

Morsy just isn’t a captain. The way he was sulking in the Charlton game when we needed someone to do something to change things suggested he isn’t the man for the job. A good player but not a captain.

I’d absolutely be giving it to Edmundson who’s probably our best player this season and is organising the defence in games with his presence and voice. He’s a leader so let him lead.

Agree completely. Morsy really annoyed me at Charlton - he hid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024