Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our attacking units 16:13 - Aug 8 with 579 viewschrismakin

Had a bit of a think today about the players we have available in the final third and perhaps it's not a case of playing them as individuals but as a group.

For example. Pigott I thought overall was better playing the Kane role, dropping deep and being involved which then takes away the need of a chaplin or fraser.

Now I know PC has been very strict with not moving from a certain formation, however hes rarely had this amount of talent available to him.

I'm wandering if we might pick lineups with attacking groups in mind.

I.e Bonne and Norwood as a two
Pigott playing deeper but with chaplin playing the Son role etc

I do not think any of our attackers are alike. They all do things incredibley different. Likewise the wing options we have are all different too. Jacobs and sone for example arent like Dobra or Barry.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Our attacking units on 17:34 - Aug 8 with 421 viewsBelsteadCav

That post has far too many Spurs references 👎🏻

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Our attacking units on 17:39 - Aug 8 with 403 viewsWD19

My thinking mostly concluded that I think Dobra might need to bow to the inevitable and go out on loan. Everyone likes a fighter, but once a manager tells you he doesn’t fancy you then you probably need to listen.

With only 3 subs a game I just can’t see him getting any time on the pitch ahead of Jacobs, Fraser, Chaplin, Bonne, Barry, Norwood, Burns, Piggott and Aluko. In fact the Aluko signing itself looks a bit of a luxury.
Our attacking units on 17:41 - Aug 8 with 388 viewschrismakin

Our attacking units on 17:39 - Aug 8 by WD19

My thinking mostly concluded that I think Dobra might need to bow to the inevitable and go out on loan. Everyone likes a fighter, but once a manager tells you he doesn’t fancy you then you probably need to listen.

With only 3 subs a game I just can’t see him getting any time on the pitch ahead of Jacobs, Fraser, Chaplin, Bonne, Barry, Norwood, Burns, Piggott and Aluko. In fact the Aluko signing itself looks a bit of a luxury.

Itll depend on the opposition imo.

Morecambe 2nd half stopped burns and KVY from hurting them. Dobra tbh wouldnt have faired any better imo.

A loan really would be good for him.

Also.. PC does rate Dobra. Very highly.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024