Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w (n/t) 19:28 - Apr 7 with 1628 viewsPippin1970

Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 19:29 - Apr 7 with 1612 viewsdirtyboy

A very small % of $41 billion. Lol
Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 19:30 - Apr 7 with 1610 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 19:35 - Apr 7 with 1571 viewsjas0999

Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 19:30 - Apr 7 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Only way they make money is IF we get back to the premier league. To do that the playing squad needs substantial investment.
Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 20:12 - Apr 7 with 1423 viewsCoastalblue

Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 19:35 - Apr 7 by jas0999

Only way they make money is IF we get back to the premier league. To do that the playing squad needs substantial investment.

and that's the real worry with all this isn't it?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 20:17 - Apr 7 with 1392 viewsgtsb1966

Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 20:12 - Apr 7 by Coastalblue

and that's the real worry with all this isn't it?

Why is it a worry? Football finance bloke on the news said if Town get to the premiership we are worth £200M. Even if they get us to the championship and competitive and then sell I would be happy.
Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 22:30 - Apr 7 with 1252 viewsCoastalblue

Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 20:17 - Apr 7 by gtsb1966

Why is it a worry? Football finance bloke on the news said if Town get to the premiership we are worth £200M. Even if they get us to the championship and competitive and then sell I would be happy.

Don't get me wrong I am stoked about this and hopeful it's the start of a long awaited upward trajectory, and maybe it's just me but I do worry.

It takes more than just investment to get success at a club, there have to be lots and lots of other things right as well. You don't need an Evans level of ineptness to fall at the last hurdle several times so we have to hope they're blessed with money, acumen and also patience.

I hope my fears are totally unfounded, and I know it's a bit grouchy to be voicing them today but the league is littered with the carcasses of clubs that spent to go up and got it wrong.

and yeah I know, and agree, we're virtually at the point of not having much to lose.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 22:42 - Apr 7 with 1187 viewsN2_Blue

Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 22:30 - Apr 7 by Coastalblue

Don't get me wrong I am stoked about this and hopeful it's the start of a long awaited upward trajectory, and maybe it's just me but I do worry.

It takes more than just investment to get success at a club, there have to be lots and lots of other things right as well. You don't need an Evans level of ineptness to fall at the last hurdle several times so we have to hope they're blessed with money, acumen and also patience.

I hope my fears are totally unfounded, and I know it's a bit grouchy to be voicing them today but the league is littered with the carcasses of clubs that spent to go up and got it wrong.

and yeah I know, and agree, we're virtually at the point of not having much to lose.

There is no shame in being worried or at least hesitant.

I'm very happy today but there are no guarantees. If a takeover suddenly meant all things successful then there would be takeovers left right and centre by investors...but only so many clubs can be succesful.

My concern is getting to the premier league is hugely difficult...and probably requires a reasonable amount of money.

If one is looking objectively the odds are against us, only 3 clubs each season can do it and there are many strong clubs now who have benefitted from a lot of money in the 20 years since we were there.

My concern is they will invest a bit but it won't be nearly enough to make us strong us to be competitive and then if we have a few years of failure with more and more cost accruing what will they do? This pension fund is going to need it's money back whatever, so we could be left in a problematic place.

I'm not being doom and gloom and I'm happy today but i see too many fans seemingly think we are guaranteed to be back in the premiership in a few seasons. Football doesn't work like that.

Even if we'd had been taken over by wealthy benefactors with tens of millions to spend on us, there is still no guarantee of being successful.

We are relying on their business acumen as much as anything but there are no guarantees and i still say the odds are stacked against us, i just hope they are aware of that too.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 22:47 - Apr 7 with 1155 viewsSimonds92

Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 22:42 - Apr 7 by N2_Blue

I'm very happy today but there are no guarantees. If a takeover suddenly meant all things successful then there would be takeovers left right and centre by investors...but only so many clubs can be succesful.

My concern is getting to the premier league is hugely difficult...and probably requires a reasonable amount of money.

If one is looking objectively the odds are against us, only 3 clubs each season can do it and there are many strong clubs now who have benefitted from a lot of money in the 20 years since we were there.

My concern is they will invest a bit but it won't be nearly enough to make us strong us to be competitive and then if we have a few years of failure with more and more cost accruing what will they do? This pension fund is going to need it's money back whatever, so we could be left in a problematic place.

I'm not being doom and gloom and I'm happy today but i see too many fans seemingly think we are guaranteed to be back in the premiership in a few seasons. Football doesn't work like that.

Even if we'd had been taken over by wealthy benefactors with tens of millions to spend on us, there is still no guarantee of being successful.

We are relying on their business acumen as much as anything but there are no guarantees and i still say the odds are stacked against us, i just hope they are aware of that too.

Atleast we now finally have the correct man in charge of the playing side and hopefully we will soon bring in someone to give us some direction behind the scenes.
Login to get fewer ads

Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 22:54 - Apr 7 with 1113 viewslowhouseblue

Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 22:42 - Apr 7 by N2_Blue

that seems to me to be a very fair summary. it could work and make us competitive, but the risk is obviously still very high. the business / football acumen of the people they are bringing in to run things may well be real and considerable - but even that is no guarantee of success. what i really don't understand is how it can possibly be an appropriate investment for a us pension fund. i can't see any logic in it for them. from the pension fund angle it feels very very odd.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 23:00 - Apr 7 with 1090 viewsN2_Blue

Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 22:47 - Apr 7 by Simonds92

Atleast we now finally have the correct man in charge of the playing side and hopefully we will soon bring in someone to give us some direction behind the scenes.

But that's an assumption.

We don't know this for definite yet. Don't worry I'm happy and anyone has to be an improvement on the decisions ME has made in recent times but there is no guarantee the new chairman and directors plus any individuals they appoint on football matters will also make the right decisions.

In football you need a lot of luck too!

The future is a hell of a lot brighter, but there are no certainties and I'd like to see how the next 12 months transpires before I say this is the best thing that could have happened to us.

Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 23:07 - Apr 7 with 1038 viewsN2_Blue

Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 22:54 - Apr 7 by lowhouseblue

that seems to me to be a very fair summary. it could work and make us competitive, but the risk is obviously still very high. the business / football acumen of the people they are bringing in to run things may well be real and considerable - but even that is no guarantee of success. what i really don't understand is how it can possibly be an appropriate investment for a us pension fund. i can't see any logic in it for them. from the pension fund angle it feels very very odd.

Yes, the point about this being a pension fund investment really throws me. I know various percentages of capital are invested at different risk levels and obviously a football club must be as high risk as you can get...but it also seems to give license for these individuals to have a bit of fun at the risk of trying to secure more capital for this fund.

It doesn't seem appropriate and surely it just can't be written off if the risk goes wrong...and that's the biggest concern. The more money they throw at this, i'm sure the happier fans are going to be but what happens if the success does not come and the find stipulates a certain amount must be returned. The fund can't be risk free otherwise it's free money (other peoples pension money) for these investors to have fun with a football club.

Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 23:18 - Apr 7 with 991 viewslowhouseblue

Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 23:07 - Apr 7 by N2_Blue

Yes, the point about this being a pension fund investment really throws me. I know various percentages of capital are invested at different risk levels and obviously a football club must be as high risk as you can get...but it also seems to give license for these individuals to have a bit of fun at the risk of trying to secure more capital for this fund.

It doesn't seem appropriate and surely it just can't be written off if the risk goes wrong...and that's the biggest concern. The more money they throw at this, i'm sure the happier fans are going to be but what happens if the success does not come and the find stipulates a certain amount must be returned. The fund can't be risk free otherwise it's free money (other peoples pension money) for these investors to have fun with a football club.

it feels like the pension fund is taking a gamble essentially based on the ability of the three lions people to deliver in what is a very high risk sector. the three lions have a bit of a pedigree - but actually it's really pretty limited. for itfc it's an opportunity which is great, but for the pension fund i don't see how they can understand the sector or the risks involved, beyond putting their faith and money behind the three lions people.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 23:19 - Apr 7 with 986 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 20:17 - Apr 7 by gtsb1966

I guess the concern is that they have invested £40M in order to gain a 89% stake in this.

If you take 89% of £200M that is £178M. Which means that if they invested another £50M and it took us to the Premier League they would have made £88M on a £90M investment. Is that a good return? It is also dependent on finding a buyer at the stated £200M value.

Can they get us to the Premier League without spending £50M on the club? Would it cost more? What sort of return are they looking for?

The key is going to be spending money wisely on turning the club into a money-making venture. Things that will attract fans back and to spend money when there. These are things that they got right at Phoenix Rising and this has steam-rolled them into being a very successful club. The issue here is that there are already a lot of other clubs doing things right that are in the way of us being that successful.

It is going to be very interesting and I am optimistic they are going to make watching Town a better overall experience than it has been for well over a decade now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Realistically how much money will go into the club and how much are these guys w on 00:15 - Apr 8 with 863 viewstractorboy1978

We don't really know what ££ they have to invest but with a pension fund it is potentially seriously vast. It'll be far smarter investment than we ever saw under Evans. Getting the infrastructure right is so, so important and it is something that in 13 years Evans never seemed to understand. And we've been a club focused on reducing costs rather than one looking to generate revenue.

Recruitment and player trading is going to be crucial at the end of the day. That's the key cog for me. If you can recruit the right players, develop them and sell them for a tidy profit that is a Game Changer. We did it with Webster (although BC and the potential new man Ashton pulled our pants down) and got fortunate with Mings/Waghorn. But we've not done it anywhere near enough. And when it came to it, Evans was scared to invest the sort of fees needed to secure the best young talent - the types that with the right push and coaching could go on to become £10m-£20m players rather than £5m-£6m players.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2021 0:18]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024