Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Types of Managers - Style and lack of attacking threat 06:27 - Mar 29 with 366 viewschrismakin

Could our lack of attacking intent be deep rooted within the club itself and all come down to the types of managers we have had over the past handful of years?

McCarthy - Defender, must note TC was a striker
Hurst - Defender, Chris Doig - Defender
Lambert - Defensive Midfielder, Stuart Taylor - Midfielder 42 goals in 17 years.

Compared to the exciting attacking no fear football of
Burley - Flying Fullback
Royle - Striker

Paul Jewell - Striker, whilst not a successful spell with us, We still had some games with some high scoring efforts

Also, completely separate to the above but something I just came across which I spat my drink over

Regarding Paul Lambert - i'd never seen this before but certain bits are brilliant

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/jens-berthel-askou-on-paul-lambert-management-style

"You need to be an inspiration to all your players. When you come from a background as a top player, you can live on that for two or three weeks. But after a few weeks, your background as a player doesn’t inspire them anymore."

How long did we hear he once played for big big clubs lol

[Post edited 29 Mar 2021 7:49]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Types of Managers - Style and lack of attacking threat on 07:35 - Mar 29 with 284 viewssaffers12

I think that is a fair point to be honest
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024