Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teccie (Windows 10) wifi help please 19:07 - Jan 20 with 1170 viewsBent_double

My ageing techie-head is struggling with this one, sorry, bit boring for non-techies:

Windows 10 laptop, had it for a couple of years, no problems uptil now. Using it this morning, suddenly lose the internet connection, no problem I thought just reboot the router, that usually works.

It didn't, so tried restarting router again, still nothing. Checked my phone and a tablet, they're both still connected to internet and working OK.

Plugged an ethernet cable from router to laptop, that's working fine too, so must be something wrong on the laptop.

Checked laptop, it's telling me there are 'no wireless adapters' on this device - strange. Checked Event Log, no errors there. Checked hardware devices, wireless adapter is in the list and showing up as being OK.

Didn't want to waste too much time on it, so popped out to Argos and bought a USB wireless adapter, came back home, plugged it in, and it's working fine - in fact it's faster than the built-in adapter!

Not a big deal, as I'm up and running with the USB device, just a bit weird why the built-in wifi adapter just stopped working, but Windows still thinks it's OK, anyone had this before?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Teccie (Windows 10) wifi help please on 19:13 - Jan 20 with 1144 viewsHARRY10

try

40 secs in

Teccie (Windows 10) wifi help please on 19:38 - Jan 20 with 1115 viewsBent_double

Teccie (Windows 10) wifi help please on 19:13 - Jan 20 by HARRY10

try

40 secs in

Damn.

It was that easy!

Cheers Harry.

Anyone want to buy an almost new USB wifi adapter?

Teccie (Windows 10) wifi help please on 19:41 - Jan 20 with 1108 viewsStuartBrett8

Teccie (Windows 10) wifi help please on 19:38 - Jan 20 by Bent_double

Damn.

It was that easy!

Cheers Harry.

Anyone want to buy an almost new USB wifi adapter?

My built in wifi adapter is rubbish, dongle is 10x faster, went through the reset and made no difference?

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

Teccie (Windows 10) wifi help please on 20:02 - Jan 20 with 1069 viewsBent_double

Teccie (Windows 10) wifi help please on 19:41 - Jan 20 by StuartBrett8

My built in wifi adapter is rubbish, dongle is 10x faster, went through the reset and made no difference?

Yeah, I don't think Argos will take it back, it was only a tenner, and it's definitely quicker, so will probably keep using it.

Teccie (Windows 10) wifi help please on 20:07 - Jan 24 with 832 viewsStuartBrett8

Teccie (Windows 10) wifi help please on 20:02 - Jan 20 by Bent_double

Yeah, I don't think Argos will take it back, it was only a tenner, and it's definitely quicker, so will probably keep using it.

I just found out my bluetooth connection was turned on (didn't know I had one on my laptop) . turned it off and the built in Wi-Fi adapter works perfect??

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024