Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That post match interview totally shows PL is lost and has no idea currently 20:44 - Dec 29 with 1742 viewsN2_Blue

The worst thing about Lambert's post match interview is that he doesn't seem to indicate anything is wrong or suggest there are things that need to be changed to get out of this slump. Just a load of cliches and saying we just have to stick together...WTF. Sorry Paul that is not good enough.

Based on his comments I can see why we keep losing each week, there is nothing to suggest he can change it.

It's like we are just going to head to Wycombe and hope we get a result, same as the last few games. Hope is not enough, we need to address the problems...but he does not know how to and for this reason he needs to be sacked now.

He's gone, lost, totally clueless with regards to this team.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

That post match interview totally shows PL is lost and has no idea currently on 20:49 - Dec 29 with 1690 viewsJohnTy

Totally agree. He gave the impression that he hasn't a clue. Waiting to get a pay-off to leave I imagine.
That post match interview totally shows PL is lost and has no idea currently on 20:56 - Dec 29 with 1621 viewsOxford_Blue

No - he said what you would expect anyone to say in his position. He was careful not to criticise the fans, he said that the team needs to stick together and he made sure he didn’t do anything publicly to undermine any individual player.

He’s right. We do need to stick together. In fighting and vitriolic abuse (appreciate not from you) against him personally is not going to help. We have a massive game against Wycombe and need to pull together as a club and fan base to help the players.

I get the impression that some on this board revel in the current position and certainly enjoy the opportunity to vilify Lambert to an extent that is totally out of proportion to the situation. It’s a shame - as it was similar with McCarthy.
That post match interview totally shows PL is lost and has no idea currently on 21:02 - Dec 29 with 1559 viewsN2_Blue

That post match interview totally shows PL is lost and has no idea currently on 20:56 - Dec 29 by Oxford_Blue

No - he said what you would expect anyone to say in his position. He was careful not to criticise the fans, he said that the team needs to stick together and he made sure he didn’t do anything publicly to undermine any individual player.

He’s right. We do need to stick together. In fighting and vitriolic abuse (appreciate not from you) against him personally is not going to help. We have a massive game against Wycombe and need to pull together as a club and fan base to help the players.

I get the impression that some on this board revel in the current position and certainly enjoy the opportunity to vilify Lambert to an extent that is totally out of proportion to the situation. It’s a shame - as it was similar with McCarthy.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Sticking together is not going to suddenly miraculously make us beat Wycombe. If he admitted he had got team selections wrong, too much rotation, or players were't doing things he wanted or that he was matching up against teams incorrectly i would have hope and may give him time, but he has no solutions for problems that have been of his problem for over a year now!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

That post match interview totally shows PL is lost and has no idea currently on 21:19 - Dec 29 with 1450 viewsOxford_Blue

That post match interview totally shows PL is lost and has no idea currently on 21:02 - Dec 29 by N2_Blue

I couldn't disagree with you more. Sticking together is not going to suddenly miraculously make us beat Wycombe. If he admitted he had got team selections wrong, too much rotation, or players were't doing things he wanted or that he was matching up against teams incorrectly i would have hope and may give him time, but he has no solutions for problems that have been of his problem for over a year now!

What would he say that would satisfy you, other than that he was going to resign?

My point was that his interview was a reasonable one given the context. I think everyone working hard as a team is a fair point. It’s all they can do really.
That post match interview totally shows PL is lost and has no idea currently on 21:22 - Dec 29 with 1433 viewsBlueBadger

That post match interview totally shows PL is lost and has no idea currently on 20:56 - Dec 29 by Oxford_Blue

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

That post match interview totally shows PL is lost and has no idea currently on 21:22 - Dec 29 with 1429 viewsEireannach_gorm

While I agree with you regarding sticking together and supporting the team and manager you cannot ignore what is happening here.

I have huge time for Paul and love his passion for the game and his attempts to improve the club. Unfortunately being passionate does not mean that you are a good manager. It is becoming clear that this the situation with Paul. After all this time in charge he still does not seem to know his best team or formation. In the beginning he had a free pass because he had the other Paul’s team but there is no excuse now. As mentioned elsewhere, earlier in the season he had a brittle team which managed a somewhat fortuitous good run of results that Paul decided to chop and change and postpone matches. Any momentum that was built up has now dissipated and he thinks that a lack of desire is the problem. The reality is that he a good coach but poor manager.
That post match interview totally shows PL is lost and has no idea currently on 21:31 - Dec 29 with 1362 viewsOxford_Blue

That post match interview totally shows PL is lost and has no idea currently on 21:22 - Dec 29 by Eireannach_gorm

While I agree with you regarding sticking together and supporting the team and manager you cannot ignore what is happening here.

I have huge time for Paul and love his passion for the game and his attempts to improve the club. Unfortunately being passionate does not mean that you are a good manager. It is becoming clear that this the situation with Paul. After all this time in charge he still does not seem to know his best team or formation. In the beginning he had a free pass because he had the other Paul’s team but there is no excuse now. As mentioned elsewhere, earlier in the season he had a brittle team which managed a somewhat fortuitous good run of results that Paul decided to chop and change and postpone matches. Any momentum that was built up has now dissipated and he thinks that a lack of desire is the problem. The reality is that he a good coach but poor manager.

Agree that clearly one can make criticisms of PL. He has done well with eg Norwich, so he has had some success as a manager.

The squad rotation point is an issue, as is the gaps between games for internationals.

That said, the system was working fine up to the beginning of November so something else has gone wrong since then.

The point in the OP was that he gave a bad interview - my comment really was just making the point that he said what he would reasonably have been expected to say.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024