Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL 11:31 - Dec 11 with 2721 viewsiamipswich

Nothing major but it is undeniable that things need to improve fast. He needs to start picking his best team and stick to it. Our best players have had more than enough rest over the first 4 months of the season, it is time to get the consistency and start picking up wins in the league. The chopping and changing doesn't do anyone any favours.

A good week now with a couple of wins and I'll be right back on board but the last 10 games or so have not been anywhere near good enough.

Poll: Who will return first?

Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 11:39 - Dec 11 with 2686 viewsBigManBlue

A well balanced post and sensible points.

Now, back under your rock! We don't want that nonsense here.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 11:46 - Dec 11 with 2665 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Do you reckon he knows his best team? Genuine question.

I think Woolfenden, Chambers, Downes, KYY (when fit) all start.
We look a better team with Norwood, but I think if we go one upfront Keane is the man, as we saw first half on Saturday and Norwood's finishing is terrible, should have probably had 15 goals by now with some of the chances.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 11:48 - Dec 11 with 2656 viewsChrisd

Agree with the points you have raised. However, I feel we've been quite fortunate with some of our results at the beginning of the season and lets be honest (hand on heart) we've only played well in patches, it's just not been very convincing. I'm not overly confident we are the second best side in this league either, from what I have seen first hand, there are sides behind us gaining momentum, sweeping opponents aside and closing the gap fast. This next set of league fixtures will be really intriguing, but am I hopeful? No, not really.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 11:54 - Dec 11 with 2630 viewsr2d2

Agree with most of OP s comments. Im really not convinced with PL though.
Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 11:58 - Dec 11 with 2619 viewsPJH

Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 11:46 - Dec 11 by TRUE_BLUE123

Do you reckon he knows his best team? Genuine question.

I think Woolfenden, Chambers, Downes, KYY (when fit) all start.
We look a better team with Norwood, but I think if we go one upfront Keane is the man, as we saw first half on Saturday and Norwood's finishing is terrible, should have probably had 15 goals by now with some of the chances.

I don't think that he knows his best team and he also does not seem to have any intention of trying to find out what his best team is.

I agree on your three/four certain starters and also agree about Norwood.

I thought Judge would be outstanding in this division and given a run of games he still might be but overall he has been one of the disappointments so far.

My hope also was that Huws, if fit, would be special but no sign of that yet either.

Hopes now based on Sears and maybe Bishop coming in and performing.
Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 12:15 - Dec 11 with 2572 views44_not_out

Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 11:39 - Dec 11 by BigManBlue

This whole thread needs shutting down.

Far too balanced and sensible for TWTD forum.

For what is worth, the key thing is scoring goals (stating the obvious) and getting an early goal. Earlier in the season we were at teams straight from the whistle and scored in most games early on. Norwood is important, but at present he is frustrated and resorting to having spats with the ref and opposing defenders.

A season is 44 games and usually everything balances out and our quality should see us over the line, but I confess, I am less confident than I was earlier in the season.

Keep the faith all!!
Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 12:34 - Dec 11 with 2514 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 11:58 - Dec 11 by PJH

I don't think that he knows his best team and he also does not seem to have any intention of trying to find out what his best team is.

I agree on your three/four certain starters and also agree about Norwood.

I thought Judge would be outstanding in this division and given a run of games he still might be but overall he has been one of the disappointments so far.

My hope also was that Huws, if fit, would be special but no sign of that yet either.

Hopes now based on Sears and maybe Bishop coming in and performing.

Don't hold your breath mate

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 12:55 - Dec 11 with 2461 viewsWickets

Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 12:34 - Dec 11 by TRUE_BLUE123

Don't hold your breath mate

Yup i agree if our season hinges on 2 injured players coming in and being brilliant than we are in the brown stuff !
Login to get fewer ads

Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 13:47 - Dec 11 with 2349 viewsPrideOfTheEast

He just needs to stick with a core of say 9 that start every week. The amount of changes and the nature of some of them is ridiculous. It simply cannot be necessary.

We're still 2nd, getting good crowds and the crowd gets behind the team. The football isn't great most of the time and I still have no idea what he's trying to do, but we're second with a game in hand aren't we.
Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 14:39 - Dec 11 with 2297 viewsOsborneOneNil

Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 12:15 - Dec 11 by 44_not_out

This whole thread needs shutting down.

Far too balanced and sensible for TWTD forum.

For what is worth, the key thing is scoring goals (stating the obvious) and getting an early goal. Earlier in the season we were at teams straight from the whistle and scored in most games early on. Norwood is important, but at present he is frustrated and resorting to having spats with the ref and opposing defenders.

A season is 44 games and usually everything balances out and our quality should see us over the line, but I confess, I am less confident than I was earlier in the season.

Keep the faith all!!

Goals. Last night I'm ashamed to say, when we went 2-0 down I didn't think for a minute we'd win, or draw. Just didn't have faith we could score 2 goals. Sadly.
Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 15:14 - Dec 11 with 2270 viewseddiespearitt03

Maybe the "lads" did not fancy a long trip to Plymouth in the next round . Lambert was not liking the fact that we could play at Plymouth and then again another long trip to Exeter. Made it an easy choice for players to lose this game me think.
Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 16:43 - Dec 11 with 2204 viewsWickets

Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 15:14 - Dec 11 by eddiespearitt03

Maybe the "lads" did not fancy a long trip to Plymouth in the next round . Lambert was not liking the fact that we could play at Plymouth and then again another long trip to Exeter. Made it an easy choice for players to lose this game me think.

Well Coventry seemed as though they wanted it more but i cannot think that we just went out to lose .
Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 16:57 - Dec 11 with 2180 viewsPositivelyPortman

Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 12:55 - Dec 11 by Wickets

Yup i agree if our season hinges on 2 injured players coming in and being brilliant than we are in the brown stuff !

Especially those two.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 17:11 - Dec 11 with 2159 viewsBent_double

Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 14:39 - Dec 11 by OsborneOneNil

Goals. Last night I'm ashamed to say, when we went 2-0 down I didn't think for a minute we'd win, or draw. Just didn't have faith we could score 2 goals. Sadly.

Struggling to think of the last time we actually came back from 2 goals down to win a game, it's something that other teams seem to do, but not us, bizarrely.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 22:58 - Dec 11 with 2012 viewssoclopath

Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 11:39 - Dec 11 by BigManBlue

Sensible points. OK Third Division team,no chance of surviving in the Championship.Great support,Manager who too scared to put out a settled team and is basically Adams good salesman,should have been a poliitician
Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 00:02 - Dec 12 with 1971 viewsrgp1

Personally I don't have issues with the sides that lambert picks. For what its worth I think we have a lot more quality than any side in this division. However I think the biggest problem is even when we won at places like Gillingham, Rochdale etc we just don't seem to play with any intensity or bite and we seem to lacking in the final third.
Just beginning to wobble in my support of PL on 07:52 - Dec 12 with 1891 viewsKeaneish

I think that sentiment is shared by all. There are no excuses for squad rotation now. We’re out of both cups, the Leiston is for the kids and there are no International breaks until March. We’re well rested heading into the Christmas period so surely this has been the plan all along? It’s now time to deliver with some accomplished performances and resounding victories with a settled side. No question.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I think all Town fans with some awareness knew.... on 08:31 - Dec 12 with 1865 viewsunstableblue

.... that following a string of woeful appointments by Marcus we needed a manager who could:

a) get some professionalism into the club, build back the relationship with the fans, get a brand of football that would entertain and reverse the worrying slide in attendances - including schools initiatives etc

b) be a technical manager who embedded a pass and move ethos, a technical modern system of play that would link to academy style, thus support bringing young players through, and critically would start to see Town attack more and critically stop being out-passed at home

Simple really.

I think we all agree ‘PR’ Paul has done a good job on point a. And things like the German summer camp, growth in sports science, etc. bode well. I also think he has bought pretty well and is bringing through youth effectively.

I also do think - which people are underestimating - that he has got our passing game moving back in the right direction, not just in those lower league, but in the string of 1-1s in the Championship.

And it’s easy to forget some of the 45mins of just excellent football we have played this season, Sunderland, MK Dons, Coventry, also to Pauls credit this team was in steep decline technically and we could easily have got mired in this league, especially with teams playing up against us - but we are SECOND.

But where I agree on your wobble and your growing concerns - it feels often that the system isn’t truly embedded, a preferred system, we do create, but are not clinical, his selections are often radically different. You also feel there isn’t an effective plan B, when teams react to our 45mins of excellence. You also feel that some younger managers of Coventry and Rotherham have there teams better drilled, and we are returning to the dark days of being on the back foot against lesser teams.

I am pinning my own hopes on those 45mind displays to date - a manager is not suddenly hopeless (as many are stating) whilst that football can be produced. As I stated in another post come 5pm on New Years Day we’ll have a much better idea of this season. We have a string of games now, in the league, with a full squad bar the very damaging loss of KVY.

COYFB - here’s to some consistent team selections, form a supposed freshened team, and to get the project on track. I expect a big reaction on Saturday. Downes becomes the key fulcrum, and Keane and/or Norwood needs a run of goals.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 8:35]

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024