Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Travel to St.Andrews 10:20 - Dec 1 with 1319 viewsloyalfan

I sm thinking of going to St.Andrews next Saturday. Can anyone who travels by train today let me know the best route. TIA. COYB!
Travel to St.Andrews on 10:24 - Dec 1 with 1295 viewsreusersfreekicks

North
Travel to St.Andrews on 10:25 - Dec 1 with 1291 viewsfactual_blue

Depends where you're starting from...

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Travel to St.Andrews on 10:35 - Dec 1 with 1272 viewsitfctim

Do a trial run today, and adjust accordingly to suit.
Travel to St.Andrews on 10:59 - Dec 1 with 1253 viewsloyalfan

Travel to St.Andrews on 10:25 - Dec 1 by factual_blue

Depends where you're starting from...

Sorry! Ambiguous post. My issue was which station to go to in Birmingham. When I look on the Birmingham/Coventry fans websites they say there is a station called Bordesley which is open on match days but when I try to buy a ticket to there I can't.

I will await comments from people who go by train to the match today.
Travel to St.Andrews on 11:44 - Dec 1 with 1174 viewsBluebell

Travel to St.Andrews on 10:59 - Dec 1 by loyalfan

Sorry! Ambiguous post. My issue was which station to go to in Birmingham. When I look on the Birmingham/Coventry fans websites they say there is a station called Bordesley which is open on match days but when I try to buy a ticket to there I can't.

We always went to the Birmingham games via Solihull to Bordesley but since Coventry have started there the trains don't seem to run all of the time.

Today’s game is a cup game so it seems that no trains are running there. The same with next week as the game was originally arranged for the Sunday.

According to the St. Andrews ground guide there is a bus that runs from Moor Street to the ground. We will try to catch that next week, alternatively we will get a taxi.
Travel to St.Andrews on 11:45 - Dec 1 with 1168 viewsEastTownBlue

Travel to St.Andrews on 11:44 - Dec 1 by Bluebell

We always went to the Birmingham games via Solihull to Bordesley but since Coventry have started there the trains don't seem to run all of the time.

Today’s game is a cup game so it seems that no trains are running there. The same with next week as the game was originally arranged for the Sunday.

According to the St. Andrews ground guide there is a bus that runs from Moor Street to the ground. We will try to catch that next week, alternatively we will get a taxi.

Also next Saturday the West Midlands local services are reduced due to strike action.
Travel to St.Andrews on 11:47 - Dec 1 with 1156 viewsBluebell

Travel to St.Andrews on 11:45 - Dec 1 by EastTownBlue

Also next Saturday the West Midlands local services are reduced due to strike action.

Oh great.
Travel to St.Andrews on 11:49 - Dec 1 with 1155 viewsgordon

Take your bike, get off at Leuchars and its a nice cycle from there. Be beautiful today!
Login to get fewer ads

Travel to St.Andrews on 11:49 - Dec 1 with 1156 viewsfactual_blue

Travel to St.Andrews on 10:59 - Dec 1 by loyalfan

Basically it's a non-operational station

https://www.westmidlandsrailway.co.uk/travel-information/station-information/bbs

Bus or Shank's pony from New Street.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Travel to St.Andrews on 13:08 - Dec 1 with 1100 viewsloyalfan

Travel to St.Andrews on 11:45 - Dec 1 by EastTownBlue

Thanks. I saw that and won’t book any train tickets until nearer the time in case the situation changes- imagine by the weekend there will be more specific advice on what trains might actually run.
Travel to St.Andrews on 13:09 - Dec 1 with 1097 viewsloyalfan

Travel to St.Andrews on 11:44 - Dec 1 by Bluebell

Thanks.
Travel to St.Andrews on 13:56 - Dec 1 with 1042 viewsUppatoon

We did St Andrews last season & will definitely be going again next week for Cov in the league.

What we did last season & what's booked for this season is the same.

Ipswich to Liverpool St > Get the tube to Euston > Virgin fast train to Birmingham New St (make sure to get the virgin train over the others as it's much faster) & when you come out of New St Station make sure you take the right exit depending on where you're going, whether it be straight to the ground or around New street for some drinks. If you take the wrong exit out you can find yourself in a bit of a muddle as it's a bit quirky if you're un-familiar with the area.

It's also not that expensive if you don't have an open ticket but obviously don't miss your times...

We then usually have some drinks in the city centre before doing the small trek to St. Andrews (it's a fairly long walk but not that bad, roughly 20-25 mins? forgot)

You can get the train that operates on match days up there to save the hassle but not overly sure how it all works as we haven't bothered.

Could also get a bus / cab if you dislike the idea of walking.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 13:59]
Travel to St.Andrews on 14:03 - Dec 1 with 1024 viewsTractorWood

For those driving, parking at Birmingham international is ok. You can get the train from there very easily.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Travel to St.Andrews on 14:36 - Dec 1 with 1011 viewsjontysnut

Travel to St.Andrews on 14:03 - Dec 1 by TractorWood

For those driving, parking at Birmingham international is ok. You can get the train from there very easily.

Is this the new Gatwick?
Travel to St.Andrews on 15:02 - Dec 1 with 957 viewsTractorWood

Travel to St.Andrews on 14:36 - Dec 1 by jontysnut

Is this the new Gatwick?

Genuinely not. Although I love LGW as much as the next man.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024