Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The apple never falls far from the tree.... 11:05 - Nov 29 with 1217 viewsHerbivore

Just saw this on the BBC:

"Stanley Johnson - the father of Boris Johnson - appeared on the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire programme this morning.

Asked about a viewer's tweet calling his son "Pinocchio", Stanley Johnson replies: "Pinocchio, that requires a degree of literacy which I think the great British public doesn't necessarily have."

The presenter asks what he means by that.

"I don't want to get into that... they couldn't spell Pinocchio if they tried," says Mr Johnson.

"Well can you spell Pinocchio?" he adds.

"I think it is utterly absurd and wrong that you can read out on air a tweet coming in from one of your readers on air which calls the prime minister a liar... I think it's amazing you can do that.""

Quite a bit to unpick there. The general contempt for the British public and their level of intelligence stands out. The affronted response when asked to clarify what he means. Then, and this is the troubling bit, the suggestion that a broadcaster shouldn't express a widely held public opinion - backed up by copious evidence - that the PM is a liar. What a tw@t, just like his oldest boy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The apple never falls far from the tree.... on 11:07 - Nov 29 with 1200 viewsDyland

What an embarrassing idiot. Why is he even on the BBC?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The apple never falls far from the tree.... on 11:10 - Nov 29 with 1172 viewsStokieBlue

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The apple never falls far from the tree.... on 11:12 - Nov 29 with 1166 viewsHerbivore

The apple never falls far from the tree.... on 11:07 - Nov 29 by Dyland

What an embarrassing idiot. Why is he even on the BBC?

Probably because they've decided at least one member of the Johnson family should actually show their face. It's pretty incredible when you think about it, the PM must be in his 50s and he's sending his dad out to make excuses for him.

The apple never falls far from the tree.... on 11:15 - Nov 29 with 1145 viewsfactual_blue

The apple never falls far from the tree.... on 11:12 - Nov 29 by Herbivore

Probably because they've decided at least one member of the Johnson family should actually show their face. It's pretty incredible when you think about it, the PM must be in his 50s and he's sending his dad out to make excuses for him.

Does Stanley know how many grandchildren he has?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The apple never falls far from the tree.... on 11:17 - Nov 29 with 1139 viewsDarth_Koont

Yes, I can't get past the first bit.

I'm strruggling to understand why a knowledge and use of the name Pinocchio is immediately connected to literacy.

Pronouns: He/Him

The apple never falls far from the tree.... on 11:22 - Nov 29 with 1114 viewsHerbivore

The apple never falls far from the tree.... on 11:15 - Nov 29 by factual_blue

Does Stanley know how many grandchildren he has?

Ha! Someone must be keeping a tally. I like how another Johnson article has surfaced where he savages single mothers, how many of his kids are being raised by single mothers? All of them now, but just how many single mothers has he created?

The apple never falls far from the tree.... on 11:24 - Nov 29 with 1100 viewsLankHenners

Every day they make it so blindingly obvious how little they care for the ordinary person and how much this all about serving themselves yet the turkeys will vote for Christmas to get their precious little Brexit.

It's disgusting.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The apple never falls far from the tree.... on 11:53 - Nov 29 with 1043 viewsdavblue

The apple never falls far from the tree.... on 11:24 - Nov 29 by LankHenners

Every day they make it so blindingly obvious how little they care for the ordinary person and how much this all about serving themselves yet the turkeys will vote for Christmas to get their precious little Brexit.

It's disgusting.

I can't vote for either of the big 2 parties.

They are full of liars, self servicing buffons. The fact that the cons will be reelected is an embarrassment and Labour, well that should be left there.

I would rather vote for the green party, the trouble is they don't have enough money to push their agenda on the people.
Login to get fewer ads

The apple never falls far from the tree.... on 11:58 - Nov 29 with 1023 viewsDarth_Koont

The apple never falls far from the tree.... on 11:53 - Nov 29 by davblue

I can't vote for either of the big 2 parties.

They are full of liars, self servicing buffons. The fact that the cons will be reelected is an embarrassment and Labour, well that should be left there.

I would rather vote for the green party, the trouble is they don't have enough money to push their agenda on the people.

Trust Monbiot on this one:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/27/planet-vote-labour-greens-

Pronouns: He/Him

The apple never falls far from the tree.... on 12:11 - Nov 29 with 957 viewsitfcjoe

The apple never falls far from the tree.... on 11:22 - Nov 29 by Herbivore

Ha! Someone must be keeping a tally. I like how another Johnson article has surfaced where he savages single mothers, how many of his kids are being raised by single mothers? All of them now, but just how many single mothers has he created?

Yeah but they aren't poor so don't count

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024