Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for today 08:53 - Sep 21 with 1867 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Holy moly
KVY Woolf Wilson Kenlock
Skuse
Edwards Georgiou
Dozzell
Roberts Jackson

Subs:
Norris
Garbutt
Chambers/Nsiala
Downes
Nolan/Judge
Keane
Norwood
[Post edited 21 Sep 2019 8:54]

Poll: would you rather

Team for today on 08:58 - Sep 21 with 1829 viewsBlueBoots

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Team for today on 08:59 - Sep 21 with 1826 viewspointofblue

Holy
Vincent-Young - Chambers - Woolfenden - Kenlock
Rowe - Skuse - Downes - Edwards
Jackson - Norwood

Substitutes: Norris, Wilson, Huws, Dozzell, Judge, Georgiou, Keane

I can't see Huws and Nolan starting today after playing in midweek. Dozzell could always come in if we wanted to retain the diamond alongside Judge. Alternatively we could drop a striker - Norwood after he picked up a knock? - and have five in midfield.

I don't think Garbutt will be ready for another start. Woolfenden or Wilson is a big question after the latter's performance at MK Dons.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2019 9:12]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Team for today on 09:07 - Sep 21 with 1801 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Team for today on 08:58 - Sep 21 by BlueBoots

?

Team for today on 09:10 - Sep 21 with 1773 viewsYallop

I thought you'd want to keep the unbeaten run going?

All teams need a strong spine. You've just dismantled ours.
Team for today on 09:14 - Sep 21 with 1755 viewsMullet

Far too many changes.

I'd also never play Dozzell as a 10. Nolan is possibly better as an 8 but at this level with Norwood a doubt he has to play there of Andre assuming Judge isn't fit.

I'd happily bring Norwood off the bench today after his knock. We've got a whole week to rest him. Skuse is probably due a rest and after their clash of heads either he or Downes can sit out today knowing they've had a great season so far.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Team for today on 09:19 - Sep 21 with 1733 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Team for today on 09:14 - Sep 21 by Mullet

Far too many changes.

I'd also never play Dozzell as a 10. Nolan is possibly better as an 8 but at this level with Norwood a doubt he has to play there of Andre assuming Judge isn't fit.

I'd happily bring Norwood off the bench today after his knock. We've got a whole week to rest him. Skuse is probably due a rest and after their clash of heads either he or Downes can sit out today knowing they've had a great season so far.

Nolan, Huws, Garbutt are all coming back and tired on Tuesday. I think the defence is strong enough with Skuse in front, and Norwood needs a rest but Roberts scored two last time out. Dozzell would be the risk in my view, Nolan is I think better there but he is only coming back, are we gonna write Dozza off already? If we can't play Dozza against poorer teams like Gillingham, when do we put him in?

And PL has said Chambers cant starrt every game - but after Wilson's performance on Tuesday, that is not a risk, this could be our best CB pairing.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2019 9:23]

Team for today on 09:23 - Sep 21 with 1715 viewsMullet

Team for today on 09:19 - Sep 21 by LegendofthePhoenix

Nolan, Huws, Garbutt are all coming back and tired on Tuesday. I think the defence is strong enough with Skuse in front, and Norwood needs a rest but Roberts scored two last time out. Dozzell would be the risk in my view, Nolan is I think better there but he is only coming back, are we gonna write Dozza off already? If we can't play Dozza against poorer teams like Gillingham, when do we put him in?

And PL has said Chambers cant starrt every game - but after Wilson's performance on Tuesday, that is not a risk, this could be our best CB pairing.

Not at all, but if you're playing him he needs to sit deep and play his game. Plus "poorer" teams like Wimbledon posed us problems because they sat deep and tight and Norwood wasn't on the same wavelength to AD enough that night.

Roberts is a squad filler, he really deserves a move in January to get games, he was a punt by Hurst in a transfer mad summer of "big signings" who were actually punts too. Getting a couple of tap ins in a park game is fine, but I'm more concerned about getting El Miz and Dobra time at some point so Jackson, Keane and Norwood can up their value.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Team for today on 09:27 - Sep 21 with 1689 viewsDubtractor

With all due respect, that would be a terrible selection.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Team for today on 09:30 - Sep 21 with 1673 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Team for today on 09:23 - Sep 21 by Mullet

Not at all, but if you're playing him he needs to sit deep and play his game. Plus "poorer" teams like Wimbledon posed us problems because they sat deep and tight and Norwood wasn't on the same wavelength to AD enough that night.

Roberts is a squad filler, he really deserves a move in January to get games, he was a punt by Hurst in a transfer mad summer of "big signings" who were actually punts too. Getting a couple of tap ins in a park game is fine, but I'm more concerned about getting El Miz and Dobra time at some point so Jackson, Keane and Norwood can up their value.

Dozza and Roberts may have developed a better understanding playing together in the U23s. I know this would be a long way from our strongest team, what I'm saying is I think it is good enough to get 3 pts, with the strongest, but returning from injury, players available from the bench if needed. It would sit well with PL's approach of getting a fully match fit large squad to carry us through the long months ahead.

Team for today on 09:41 - Sep 21 with 1638 viewsBryanPlug

Team for today on 09:30 - Sep 21 by LegendofthePhoenix

Dozza and Roberts may have developed a better understanding playing together in the U23s. I know this would be a long way from our strongest team, what I'm saying is I think it is good enough to get 3 pts, with the strongest, but returning from injury, players available from the bench if needed. It would sit well with PL's approach of getting a fully match fit large squad to carry us through the long months ahead.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Team for today on 09:45 - Sep 21 with 1623 viewsBigManBlue

Holy
KVY Wilson Woolfenden Kenlock
Skuse
Dozzell Downes
Judge
Norwood Jackson

Norris
Chambers
Nolan/Huws (depending on fitness)
Edwards
Georgiou
Garbutt
Keane

Obviously swap Keane for Norwood if he's still carrying a knock, though you'd assume they'll switch at some point anyway. And plenty of bench options to change the shape as in midweek if we're struggling with width/want to exploit space and tired legs later in the game.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Team for today on 10:29 - Sep 21 with 1559 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Team for today on 09:27 - Sep 21 by Dubtractor

With all due respect, that would be a terrible selection.

And you're fully entitled to your opinion, as am I, so no problems there. I do object to being called a Troll, from someone else who was probably not even a twinkle in someone's eye when I was on the terraces following Town up and down the country.

Team for today on 10:56 - Sep 21 with 1507 viewsCokeIsKey

I'm afraid the Meppen cup finished a couple of months ago.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Team for today on 13:02 - Sep 21 with 1346 viewsKeaneish

There's rotation and then there's rotation for roatation's sake...

Edwards and Giorgiou in a diamond!?
Dozzell warranting a start?
No skipper?
Roberts starting? Maybe but unlikely.

Think the whiteboard needs wiping and revising.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Team for today on 13:07 - Sep 21 with 1325 viewswkj

Probably not deserving of all the downers, but I think that the pitch forks would be out if Lambert released that teamsheet today.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Team for today on 13:21 - Sep 21 with 1289 viewsGuthrum

Team for today on 09:19 - Sep 21 by LegendofthePhoenix

Not sure you can entirely classify Gillingham as one of the poorer teams. They've only lost twice and it's away draws which are depressing their League position. Home form is good, with 50% wins. Recently beat Wycombe.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Team for today on 14:52 - Sep 21 with 1151 viewsBlueBoots

Team for today on 10:29 - Sep 21 by LegendofthePhoenix

And you're fully entitled to your opinion, as am I, so no problems there. I do object to being called a Troll, from someone else who was probably not even a twinkle in someone's eye when I was on the terraces following Town up and down the country.

It was meant as a light-hearted put-down for what was a pretty woeful team selection (as others have since taken more time to point out) - apologies if it wasn't taken in that spirit.

And not a good idea to make assumptions about what people are like from a single post on a forum - I've probably got pairs of underpants that are older than many posters on the forum, and they'd hold up better than the team you picked...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024