Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Lambert 17:11 - Aug 17 with 4776 viewslmfcblue

Is a poor manager nothing abiut our team playing 2 up tops with no creativity behind them. Great last min equaliser but look like a grinding out side which ain't good enough
Paul Lambert on 17:22 - Aug 17 with 4271 viewsnoggin

Yeah we should have gone for Pep Guardiola.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Paul Lambert on 17:25 - Aug 17 with 4245 viewspointofblue

Paul Lambert on 17:22 - Aug 17 by noggin

Yeah we should have gone for Pep Guardiola.

Wouldn't mind Nigel Adkins if Lambert's spell doesn't work out.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Paul Lambert on 17:26 - Aug 17 with 4239 viewsbilllm

Very soon he may have to earn his corn and make a managerial descion, we need more creativity so he will have to drop skuse or downes, an implement a creative midfielder,
Paul Lambert on 17:28 - Aug 17 with 4217 viewspointofblue

Paul Lambert on 17:26 - Aug 17 by billlm

Very soon he may have to earn his corn and make a managerial descion, we need more creativity so he will have to drop skuse or downes, an implement a creative midfielder,

I'd say bring in a strong, reliable striker at this level to replace Jackson - though he's had a decent start to the season to be fair - drop Norwood for Judge if the latter shows an element of getting his form back (not present at the moment) and play with a number ten to supply creativity in the middle of the park.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Paul Lambert on 17:31 - Aug 17 with 4189 viewsbilllm

Paul Lambert on 17:28 - Aug 17 by pointofblue

I'd say bring in a strong, reliable striker at this level to replace Jackson - though he's had a decent start to the season to be fair - drop Norwood for Judge if the latter shows an element of getting his form back (not present at the moment) and play with a number ten to supply creativity in the middle of the park.

Agree with another striker, Jackson's an impact sub,he won't drop Norwood,
Paul Lambert on 17:40 - Aug 17 with 4124 viewslmfcblue

Paul Lambert on 17:26 - Aug 17 by billlm

Needs 4.2.3.1 or 4.4.2 diamond to try and control the midfield current system looks blagged to me hoping better players will get us over the line line. We needed wins last season and he dirhf play 2 up. Love PL but out of date
Paul Lambert on 18:30 - Aug 17 with 3947 viewsKeaneish

Paul Lambert on 17:40 - Aug 17 by lmfcblue

Needs 4.2.3.1 or 4.4.2 diamond to try and control the midfield current system looks blagged to me hoping better players will get us over the line line. We needed wins last season and he dirhf play 2 up. Love PL but out of date

He brought on El Miz and switched to a 442 diamond. El Miz's corner got us our equaliser. Not much blagging in that.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Paul Lambert on 18:32 - Aug 17 with 3934 viewsTerry_Nutkins

We'll see. I believe he is a good manager. Let's check back after 10 games ok?

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Lambert on 18:38 - Aug 17 with 3883 viewslmfcblue

Paul Lambert on 18:30 - Aug 17 by Keaneish

He brought on El Miz and switched to a 442 diamond. El Miz's corner got us our equaliser. Not much blagging in that.

Nothing from open play great last I'm equaliser but unfortunately PL is out of date. PS Lincoln to win the league
Paul Lambert on 18:49 - Aug 17 with 3835 viewsGarv

Paul Lambert on 18:38 - Aug 17 by lmfcblue

Nothing from open play great last I'm equaliser but unfortunately PL is out of date. PS Lincoln to win the league

Wouldn’t grumble about a set piece goal. We never score them.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Paul Lambert on 18:56 - Aug 17 with 3777 viewsTractorWood

The delivery before the corner we scored from was excellent too. Should start next game. Judge is selfish.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Paul Lambert on 19:10 - Aug 17 with 3727 viewslmfcblue

Paul Lambert on 18:49 - Aug 17 by Garv

Wouldn’t grumble about a set piece goal. We never score them.

Yeah fair point
Paul Lambert on 19:19 - Aug 17 with 3688 viewsAYACCA

Yeah but biff you're forgetting one thing.....

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?
Paul Lambert on 20:10 - Aug 17 with 3581 viewsKeaneish

Paul Lambert on 18:38 - Aug 17 by lmfcblue

Out of date? As opposed to who, Mick? We're unbeaten. Enjoy it.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Paul Lambert on 20:24 - Aug 17 with 3536 viewslmfcblue

Paul Lambert on 20:10 - Aug 17 by Keaneish

Out of date? As opposed to who, Mick? We're unbeaten. Enjoy it.

Ok he's a modern manager. It's a shame as we have the players but tactically won't be good enough to go up but I do hope I'm wrong
Paul Lambert on 20:31 - Aug 17 with 3496 viewssparks

El Miz looked streets ahead of Judge tbh,

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Paul Lambert on 20:38 - Aug 17 with 3473 viewsbilllm

Paul Lambert on 20:31 - Aug 17 by sparks

El Miz looked streets ahead of Judge tbh,

Still a kid but so did dobra
Paul Lambert on 20:42 - Aug 20 with 3003 viewslmfcblue

Shocking 1st half players all over the shop. 2 full backs worst players on pitch with the most time and space on the ball. Can Lambert sort this out at HT?? Not sure myself!!
Paul Lambert on 19:32 - Sep 14 with 2397 viewslmfcblue

Anyone with me yet?!
We were clueless today!
Paul Lambert on 19:39 - Sep 14 with 2337 viewsActionMan

Paul Lambert on 19:32 - Sep 14 by lmfcblue

Anyone with me yet?!
We were clueless today!

I think you failed to understand we're a third division with a side that finished rock bottom last season in the Championship. We're not a finished article yet and the manager needs time to fix the mess left behind by Pub Team Paul.
Paul Lambert on 19:45 - Sep 14 with 2285 viewsHerbivore

Paul Lambert on 19:39 - Sep 14 by ActionMan

I think you failed to understand we're a third division with a side that finished rock bottom last season in the Championship. We're not a finished article yet and the manager needs time to fix the mess left behind by Pub Team Paul.

Although for me we have the best squad in the division by a reasonable margin and yet in every game this season we've won through moments of quality as opposed to looking like a cohesive team. In the four games I've been to the opposition have had a clearer system and style of play than us, we've just had good players to nick goals and not leak too many.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Paul Lambert on 19:48 - Sep 14 with 2251 viewsActionMan

Paul Lambert on 19:45 - Sep 14 by Herbivore

Although for me we have the best squad in the division by a reasonable margin and yet in every game this season we've won through moments of quality as opposed to looking like a cohesive team. In the four games I've been to the opposition have had a clearer system and style of play than us, we've just had good players to nick goals and not leak too many.

We've failed to beat three of the best sides in the league though, so while we are not a bad team in this league we're also roughly as good as the better teams so we won't walk it.
Paul Lambert on 19:51 - Sep 14 with 2226 viewsJDB23

Paul Lambert on 19:45 - Sep 14 by Herbivore

Agree with that completely. I just want us to take control of a game and really tear a team apart, which we certainly have the capability of doing with this squad.

Like you say, we have no system of play other than boot it to Norwood or try to hit teams on the counter. I love Lambert for bringing the club and the fans back together, but he still has a lot do to to convince me he's the man to take us forward.
Paul Lambert on 19:51 - Sep 14 with 2219 viewslmfcblue

Paul Lambert on 19:39 - Sep 14 by ActionMan

This is well and truly PL side him not knowing how to get us playing fluid football has got nothing to do with the previous manager.
Performance wise I think we are going backwards. Best we’ve played is 2 nd half against Burton when we were 4.2.3.1.
Paul Lambert on 20:01 - Sep 14 with 2179 viewsHerbivore

Paul Lambert on 19:48 - Sep 14 by ActionMan

We've failed to beat three of the best sides in the league though, so while we are not a bad team in this league we're also roughly as good as the better teams so we won't walk it.

If we had a clear, cohesive style of play I think we'd be better than everyone. We don't, not yet anyway. Bear in mind Darren Moore has had to bed in lots of players and has only been in post a few months and he had a much more cohesive team than us today.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024