Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket reviews 14:11 - Sep 7 with 975 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think Warne is wrong.

If a team has wasted its reviews, the umpires are more likely to call a close call against them because they cannot then be over-ruled.

The idea that they would favour the team that has wasted the reviews also does not consider that an umpire's call decision would be upheld whichever way it went. Why should the team that erroneously claimed the umpire was wrong then benefit from that?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Cricket reviews on 14:18 - Sep 7 with 940 viewsgainsboroughblue

Agreed.

The umpire should call it as they see it regardless of who gas reviews left as otherwise it goes against the reason they were introduced in the first instance.

Australia only have themselves to blame for some poor reviews. 6 successful from 26 now.

Follow on avoided. Get Leach in at 9.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Cricket reviews on 14:23 - Sep 7 with 917 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Cricket reviews on 14:18 - Sep 7 by gainsboroughblue

Agreed.

The umpire should call it as they see it regardless of who gas reviews left as otherwise it goes against the reason they were introduced in the first instance.

Australia only have themselves to blame for some poor reviews. 6 successful from 26 now.

Follow on avoided. Get Leach in at 9.

Leach should be opening!

I agree they should call it as they see it, I also think psychologically once a side has used their last review they err against them slightly. The umpire has already proven their appealing to be excessive.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Cricket reviews on 14:59 - Sep 7 with 874 viewsgainsboroughblue

Cricket reviews on 14:23 - Sep 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

Leach should be opening!

I agree they should call it as they see it, I also think psychologically once a side has used their last review they err against them slightly. The umpire has already proven their appealing to be excessive.

They also don't help themselves by leaping up and appealing when the ball goes through to the keeper six inches from the bat.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Cricket reviews on 15:00 - Sep 7 with 872 viewsReuser_is_God

Indeed, umpires can’t take how many reviews a team has remaining when making a decision.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Cricket reviews on 16:21 - Sep 7 with 805 viewsEastTownBlue

Cricket reviews on 15:00 - Sep 7 by Reuser_is_God

Indeed, umpires can’t take how many reviews a team has remaining when making a decision.

Yes. They should be there making honest decisions and not bring anything else into their judgement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024