Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southend 14:06 - Aug 22 with 1420 viewswoodbridge_blue

Thinking of taking the kids to Southend on Sunday for the day, heard the Pleasure Beach is worth visiting.....anybody recommend it? Kids are 12 and 10.
Southend on 14:34 - Aug 22 with 1328 viewsColin_Viljoen

Adventure Island, great for kids. Southend have really cleaned up their act, it's really nice & family friendly these days. There is also the longest pier in the country which you can walk or take the train.
Southend on 15:25 - Aug 22 with 1250 viewsLRB84UK

We are also off to southend on sunday! My son used to have an annual pass but now we just buy a wristband each time we go. Buy them on line before you go, they are £10 cheaper, you can buy them up until 11am on the day you want to go and get that price. The place is clean, the rides are awesome and the staff are always super enthusiastic. The car park is £10ish all day. I would advise not eating at any of the adventure island places as the food isnt the best but theres plenty of places over the road (fish and chips) we've eaten in a few and they are all nice. Theres a little tesco on the drive in or a harvester further along the coast. Having been to pleasurewood hills recently its reminded us how much better southend is!
Southend on 17:27 - Aug 22 with 1153 viewswoodbridge_blue

Southend on 15:25 - Aug 22 by LRB84UK

We are also off to southend on sunday! My son used to have an annual pass but now we just buy a wristband each time we go. Buy them on line before you go, they are £10 cheaper, you can buy them up until 11am on the day you want to go and get that price. The place is clean, the rides are awesome and the staff are always super enthusiastic. The car park is £10ish all day. I would advise not eating at any of the adventure island places as the food isnt the best but theres plenty of places over the road (fish and chips) we've eaten in a few and they are all nice. Theres a little tesco on the drive in or a harvester further along the coast. Having been to pleasurewood hills recently its reminded us how much better southend is!

Thanks, that's really helpful. I had heard that they had cleaned their act up, and I had totally forgotten about the pier....my lad would love the train!! Didn't the pier feature on the credits of the later series of Minder?
Southend on 17:47 - Aug 22 with 1128 viewsColin_Viljoen

Southend on 17:27 - Aug 22 by woodbridge_blue

Thanks, that's really helpful. I had heard that they had cleaned their act up, and I had totally forgotten about the pier....my lad would love the train!! Didn't the pier feature on the credits of the later series of Minder?

Yes was used in Minder. Jamie Oliver restrurant on end of pier, if it hasn't gone bust like the rest??

If your boy likes trains take him on the cliff train

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southend_Cliff_Railway
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 17:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024