Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kenlock 08:20 - Aug 19 with 3461 viewssaffers12

When I said he was not good enough after the Burton game he was not good enough I was slagged off to high heaven... Seems the mood on the site has changed
Kenlock on 08:24 - Aug 19 with 3432 viewsBluefish

I think most people have been questioning him for a couple of years. Not sure anyone slagged off snap reactions after Burton. He seems to massively lack focus and the only time I see him switched on is when he gets to take a throw in. There is definitely ability there but seems a lack of desire, odd thing to be concerned about but a couple of years ago but at Burton a couple of years ago he chose to sit on the coach instead of watching the game or being involved with the team. It struck me as a bad attitude and a lack of care for the team and club.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Kenlock on 08:26 - Aug 19 with 3407 viewssaffers12

Kenlock on 08:24 - Aug 19 by Bluefish

I think most people have been questioning him for a couple of years. Not sure anyone slagged off snap reactions after Burton. He seems to massively lack focus and the only time I see him switched on is when he gets to take a throw in. There is definitely ability there but seems a lack of desire, odd thing to be concerned about but a couple of years ago but at Burton a couple of years ago he chose to sit on the coach instead of watching the game or being involved with the team. It struck me as a bad attitude and a lack of care for the team and club.

I didn't know that about the bus
Kenlock on 08:42 - Aug 19 with 3333 viewsdavblue

Kenlock on 08:24 - Aug 19 by Bluefish

I don't think he has the ability.

His technique is pretty poor all round, his running style makes him look like he's dragging tyres, his passing is awful, and basically punts it wherever, switches off repeatedly

He's nowhere near good enough, he might improve drastically but i don't see it with him, i think he's got lucky through circumstances rather than ability.

I hope he proves me wrong though!
Kenlock on 08:43 - Aug 19 with 3322 viewsBluefish

Kenlock on 08:42 - Aug 19 by davblue

His technique is pretty poor all round, his running style makes him look like he's dragging tyres, his passing is awful, and basically punts it wherever, switches off repeatedly

He's nowhere near good enough, he might improve drastically but i don't see it with him, i think he's got lucky through circumstances rather than ability.

He had some really good games when he came in, I really believe this was due to him focussing opposed to the expectation being lower.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Kenlock on 08:46 - Aug 19 with 3306 viewsbilllm

When we have more people fitter or up to speed garbut will end up there either as a full back or wing back depending on formation, have to agree I've never been impressed with him,
Kenlock on 08:52 - Aug 19 with 3260 viewsGuthrum

Kenlock on 08:46 - Aug 19 by billlm

When we have more people fitter or up to speed garbut will end up there either as a full back or wing back depending on formation, have to agree I've never been impressed with him,

Wonder if at some point we'll have Garbutt LB and Sears LW/left of front three, feeding Norwood and/or Jackson. That could really tear teams apart.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Kenlock on 09:02 - Aug 19 with 3207 viewshomer_123

Kenlock on 08:52 - Aug 19 by Guthrum

Wonder if at some point we'll have Garbutt LB and Sears LW/left of front three, feeding Norwood and/or Jackson. That could really tear teams apart.

Given Sears injury and age, his speed might be diminished, sadly.

That aside, hadn't we all had enough of Sears playing out wide?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Kenlock on 09:06 - Aug 19 with 3175 viewsGuthrum

Kenlock on 09:02 - Aug 19 by homer_123

Only because it inhibited his ability to score and we didn't have anybody much else who could (or the bodies in the box to get on the end of crosses). With Norwood and Jackson up front, that solves those issues.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Kenlock on 09:07 - Aug 19 with 3165 viewstitanicclown

Its a shame Nydam got injured as I think he would have taken that LB slot. Hes a much better footballer than Kenlock.
Kenlock on 09:07 - Aug 19 with 3164 viewsbilllm

Kenlock on 08:52 - Aug 19 by Guthrum

My thoughts were around the Sears comeback,I think we will be pretty spot on,
Kenlock on 09:14 - Aug 19 with 3127 viewshomer_123

Kenlock on 09:06 - Aug 19 by Guthrum

Only because it inhibited his ability to score and we didn't have anybody much else who could (or the bodies in the box to get on the end of crosses). With Norwood and Jackson up front, that solves those issues.

I'd have to disagree.

Whilst we home better options in Norwood as a striker, agreed, Sears out left is ineffective in terms of creativity - he'll cause problems if his pace hasn't been affected by his injury but he's no the sort of player to thread balls in for Norwood and Jackson.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Kenlock on 09:18 - Aug 19 with 3099 viewsReuser_is_God

Kenlock on 08:43 - Aug 19 by Bluefish

He had some really good games when he came in, I really believe this was due to him focussing opposed to the expectation being lower.

He has had some good games for us & shown a good amount of potential.

I guess that only heightens the frustration when he has a poor game.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Kenlock on 09:32 - Aug 19 with 3012 viewsCoco

He’s never been good enough

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Kenlock on 09:38 - Aug 19 with 2984 viewsPositivelyPortman

Always looks half asleep, runs like a camel, constantly caught out of position and launches himself into tackles.
He hasn’t progressed one iota since coming into the team.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Kenlock on 09:46 - Aug 19 with 2932 viewsWickets

I think its a concentration problem , as the club have recently given him a new deal someone must rate him . Last year some where saying he is better than Knudsen !
Kenlock on 10:33 - Aug 19 with 2814 viewsBlueBlood90

It's the same old story with our fans.

Just because 'he's one of our own' it doesn't make him a good player.

I'd rather have a better player from anywhere in the world!

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Kenlock on 10:36 - Aug 19 with 2798 viewsSteve_M

Kenlock on 09:02 - Aug 19 by homer_123

Sears best position is wide in a front three, his finishing isn't good enough to be a central striker but a three utilises his pace, workrate and crossing well. In a 4-4-2 he is less effective.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Kenlock on 10:42 - Aug 19 with 2766 viewsSomethingBlue

Kenlock on 10:36 - Aug 19 by Steve_M

Sears best position is wide in a front three, his finishing isn't good enough to be a central striker but a three utilises his pace, workrate and crossing well. In a 4-4-2 he is less effective.

Yep, that's exactly right and something people weirdly refused to acknowledge even on the times he was playing there. His delivery is really underrated too, in my book — can put a great ball in.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Kenlock on 10:49 - Aug 19 with 2729 viewschicoazul

Kenlock on 08:42 - Aug 19 by davblue

He's just really slow. If it wasnt for his left foot he probably wouldnt be a professoinal.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Kenlock on 11:04 - Aug 19 with 2686 viewsitfcjoe

Can you find this thread as doubt you were slagged off to high heaven about it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kenlock on 11:10 - Aug 19 with 2668 viewsBluebell

Just a thought but can James Wilson play at left back? He played really well against Burton.

Perhaps Lambert shouldn’t have been so quick in letting Knudsen go. I know he got a lot of stick from some fans but he was miles (geddit?) better than Kenlock. .
Kenlock on 11:10 - Aug 19 with 2668 viewsitfc_bucks

Kenlock on 09:18 - Aug 19 by Reuser_is_God

He has had some good games for us & shown a good amount of potential.

I guess that only heightens the frustration when he has a poor game.

It may just be the games I've been to, but I genuinely can't think of a single game where Kenlock has been any better than average.
Kenlock on 00:16 - Aug 21 with 2369 viewsWickets

Kenlock on 11:10 - Aug 19 by itfc_bucks

It may just be the games I've been to, but I genuinely can't think of a single game where Kenlock has been any better than average.

Yer i'm still not sure thought he did well second half tonight when pushing forward but might have done better for their goal as he seemed to put in a half hearted challenge for the first ball in and that resulted in them winning the second ball. Others got it wrong as well we just seemed all at sea.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024