Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
torn.... 08:58 - Aug 21 with 667 viewsblueysbackside

We are fifth....players returning from injury....three new boys coming in to bolster the squad - it all looks rosy, doesn't it?
I can't help thinking, however, that if we do go up (and I had us down as mid-table before the recent trio of signings came in), it will be because this division is full of pretty poor teams rather than us being half decent.
Since Lambert arrived, we've been playing a 4-3-3 or a 4-5-1, none of which have worked. We can go on about personnel to fit either of those two systems and injuries but has it really taken 40-or-so games for our manager to work out that we need to play two up front?
I have only managed to see a handful of games over the past 6 months but, from what I've seen, we don't seem to have a structured style of play under Lambert. Which is worrying, given that he's been here for, what, nine months?

Also (bonus).....why do we persist with Huws or, and I'm sorry to say it, Dozzell? Sell sell sell.
Why? I think Lambert has Downes and Skuse nailed on as his two central players. The back four is pretty much Kenlock, Chambo, Wolf and, now, Kane. Up front, it's Norwood and Jackson. That leaves the flanks. Rowe on the right for me...on the left, who knows? Anyway, my point is that I can't see either Dozzell or Huws pushing through to win a regular place in this XI unless we have more injuries. Would any of you prefer to sell Dozzell and bring in a half-decent left back if Evans releases the cash?
Rant over.
Thanks.
torn.... on 09:14 - Aug 21 with 575 viewsMrTown

We are fifth by standings, third on technicality, but its far to early to looking at the table, just results is a good parameter at the moment.

Still unbeaten, 2 draws, 2 wins, 3 v tough teams, 1 near banana skin. It's been a very exciting opening few weeks.

4-4-2 is absolutely fine for us. 2 good strikers at this level, 2 more waiting in the wings to return (Keane & Sears).

700k for Judge and 3m for Dozzell, wouldn't be devastated to see them go.

Still have Nolan, Bishop, Huws in the central midfield role.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024