Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 Tickets available for Home to Shrewsbury Saturday 31st August 18:58 - Aug 19 with 947 viewsstevec7

My son and his girlfriend were coming with my wife and I to the Shrewsbury game but he now has to work. We are making the long trip up from Cornwall but if anyone is interested in the 2 tickets they are in Coppold Upper Tier Area D Row A Seats 1 and 2 will take £35.00 the pair.
I will be getting to Ipswich train station at 12.43 from Liverpool Street on the 11.30
Let me know if you are interested. Thank you in advance
2 Tickets available for Home to Shrewsbury Saturday 31st August on 21:58 - Aug 19 with 810 viewsMeadowlark

It's "my wife and me....."

There's a simple rule. You can remember which is the correct pronoun by trying each (me or I) alone in the sentence.

So in this instance, if it was just you, you would say "....were coming with ME..." You wouldn't say ".....were coming with I....."

However, were you to change the sentence around and say " My wife and I were coming to the Shrewsbury game..." this would be quite correct. Applying the rule again you would NOT say " ...me was coming to the game..."

So, if you could replace “wife and I (or me)” with “we,” then it should be “wife and I.” If you could replace it with “us,” then it should be “wife and me.”

I trust that's clear and hope you manage to shift the tickets.

2 Tickets available for Home to Shrewsbury Saturday 31st August on 16:58 - Aug 20 with 647 viewsstevec7

2 Tickets available for Home to Shrewsbury Saturday 31st August on 21:58 - Aug 19 by Meadowlark

It's "my wife and me....."

There's a simple rule. You can remember which is the correct pronoun by trying each (me or I) alone in the sentence.

So in this instance, if it was just you, you would say "....were coming with ME..." You wouldn't say ".....were coming with I....."

However, were you to change the sentence around and say " My wife and I were coming to the Shrewsbury game..." this would be quite correct. Applying the rule again you would NOT say " ...me was coming to the game..."

So, if you could replace “wife and I (or me)” with “we,” then it should be “wife and I.” If you could replace it with “us,” then it should be “wife and me.”

I trust that's clear and hope you manage to shift the tickets.

Ha Ha
2 Tickets available for Home to Shrewsbury Saturday 31st August on 17:03 - Aug 20 with 631 viewsHerbivore

Are these still available and would you be able to post them? My parents might be up for going.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

2 Tickets available for Home to Shrewsbury Saturday 31st August on 17:38 - Aug 20 with 581 viewsstevec7

2 Tickets available for Home to Shrewsbury Saturday 31st August on 17:03 - Aug 20 by Herbivore

Are these still available and would you be able to post them? My parents might be up for going.

Hi, Yes would post them no problem
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024