Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD hive mind - dongle advice needed 18:53 - Aug 19 with 874 viewsHerbivore

I'm casting off the shackles of Virgin Media this Friday guys and gals but my new broadband provider can't hook me up until the 3rd of September, annoyingly.

I work from home a bit and would like to be able to use Netflix, iPlayer etc. whilst waiting to get my broadband up and running. I'm thinking of getting a pay as you go dongle but I know nothing about them. Any recommendations or tips? I've also seen something called MiFi which sounds good as it can be used on many devices simultaneously.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

TWTD hive mind - dongle advice needed on 18:57 - Aug 19 with 863 viewsBasuco

Have you got a decent data allowance on your mobile? You could turn on wifi hotspot and use that.
TWTD hive mind - dongle advice needed on 19:08 - Aug 19 with 848 viewsHerbivore

TWTD hive mind - dongle advice needed on 18:57 - Aug 19 by Basuco

Have you got a decent data allowance on your mobile? You could turn on wifi hotspot and use that.

My allowance is 4GB, so not amazing but not bad either. I never use all of it. I guess I could get a bolt on too if needed. Are they easy to set up?

TWTD hive mind - dongle advice needed on 19:38 - Aug 19 with 827 viewsNthQldITFC

TWTD hive mind - dongle advice needed on 19:08 - Aug 19 by Herbivore

My allowance is 4GB, so not amazing but not bad either. I never use all of it. I guess I could get a bolt on too if needed. Are they easy to set up?

Still got a lot of old mags and VHS then?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

TWTD hive mind - dongle advice needed on 19:47 - Aug 19 with 818 viewsHerbivore

TWTD hive mind - dongle advice needed on 19:38 - Aug 19 by NthQldITFC

Still got a lot of old mags and VHS then?

Miaow.

TWTD hive mind - dongle advice needed on 20:11 - Aug 19 with 797 viewsDurovigutum

TWTD hive mind - dongle advice needed on 19:08 - Aug 19 by Herbivore

Depending on what content you're viewing that won't last long. 30 minutes at standard definition will eat about 200MB. Watching anything"live" may be a challenge, depending on where you live, what the signal is like and how many other people are connected. Tethering your phone is the best way, adding data to that cheapest. Virgin broadband delivered by cable is the fastest and technically the best UK broadband (bar some places like Hull) so be ready for some latency.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024