Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. 10:50 - Aug 7 with 1453 viewsSitfcB

If he drops to League 1 then he should be coming here but not even in for him apparently.

Shocking.

I know he’s getting on but he could still do a job in League 1, from the bench/injury cover/cup games etc

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. on 10:53 - Aug 7 with 1411 viewsMetal_Hacker

Geography being an issue here perhaps. Both Donny and Burton closer to where he now lives ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. on 10:54 - Aug 7 with 1375 viewsJakeITFC

Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. on 10:53 - Aug 7 by Metal_Hacker

Geography being an issue here perhaps. Both Donny and Burton closer to where he now lives ?

Also wouldn’t be a starter for us presumably.
Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. on 10:56 - Aug 7 with 1350 viewsMaySixth

Shocking?

Lol

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. on 10:57 - Aug 7 with 1330 viewsKieran_Knows

Do you really think he'd come here to sit on the bench?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. on 11:00 - Aug 7 with 1298 viewsHeathlander

He's too old now. we should move on.
Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. on 11:01 - Aug 7 with 1295 viewsSitfcB

Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. on 10:57 - Aug 7 by Kieran_Knows

Do you really think he'd come here to sit on the bench?

He went to Newcastle....!

I think he’d get the odd start here and there.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. on 11:02 - Aug 7 with 1282 viewsKieran_Knows

Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. on 11:01 - Aug 7 by SitfcB

He went to Newcastle....!

I think he’d get the odd start here and there.

I'm sure doubling his salary helped with that move.

Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. on 11:11 - Aug 7 with 1217 viewsThatMuhrenCross

I just don't get it. Here we have a player who completely understands where Ipswich Town want to be, is an absolute fans favourite and offers and option that we simply don't have currently. I have no issue with Norwood and Jackson as our first choice strikers now, especially with Sears coming back later in the season, but Murphy would still get game time, and he would do a job.

What's to be gained for him by going to Doncaster or Burton? They're highly unlikely to go up this season. If he goes to Bolton, he can forget about being paid. Ipswich, Sunderland and Portsmouth are by far the most attractive options for a player in this League and if we offered him a contract I'm certain he'd return. Forest wouldn't want a fee either.

I trust Lambert with everything he is doing, but I honestly think he needs to seriously consider the idea of bringing Murphy in. His value this season would be immense.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Login to get fewer ads

Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. on 11:14 - Aug 7 with 1190 viewsWestcountryblue

Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. on 11:11 - Aug 7 by ThatMuhrenCross

I just don't get it. Here we have a player who completely understands where Ipswich Town want to be, is an absolute fans favourite and offers and option that we simply don't have currently. I have no issue with Norwood and Jackson as our first choice strikers now, especially with Sears coming back later in the season, but Murphy would still get game time, and he would do a job.

What's to be gained for him by going to Doncaster or Burton? They're highly unlikely to go up this season. If he goes to Bolton, he can forget about being paid. Ipswich, Sunderland and Portsmouth are by far the most attractive options for a player in this League and if we offered him a contract I'm certain he'd return. Forest wouldn't want a fee either.

I trust Lambert with everything he is doing, but I honestly think he needs to seriously consider the idea of bringing Murphy in. His value this season would be immense.

Totally agree with this.

Not only is he a different option upfront, but his experience and character would be invaluable to our young squad. You need people who have been there and done it before when it comes to creating a promotion winning squad.

I think he'd be best used as a battering ram off the bench at around 70 minutes.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 11:14]
Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. on 11:34 - Aug 7 with 1104 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. on 11:14 - Aug 7 by Westcountryblue

Totally agree with this.

Not only is he a different option upfront, but his experience and character would be invaluable to our young squad. You need people who have been there and done it before when it comes to creating a promotion winning squad.

I think he'd be best used as a battering ram off the bench at around 70 minutes.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 11:14]

Absolutely!

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. on 11:39 - Aug 7 with 1068 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Its not done until its done.

Some of our best signings have come out of the blue.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. on 11:50 - Aug 7 with 1009 viewschicoazul

Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. on 10:54 - Aug 7 by JakeITFC

Also wouldn’t be a starter for us presumably.

Surely he would start ahead of Jackson, if we are playing 2 up front. If we played 3 I imagine he would start either on the left or in the centre.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. on 11:53 - Aug 7 with 1001 viewsKieran_Knows

Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. on 11:50 - Aug 7 by chicoazul

Surely he would start ahead of Jackson, if we are playing 2 up front. If we played 3 I imagine he would start either on the left or in the centre.

I just couldn't see him and Norwood working in a 2.

Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. on 11:54 - Aug 7 with 997 viewschicoazul

Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. on 11:53 - Aug 7 by Kieran_Knows

I just couldn't see him and Norwood working in a 2.

Really, why not?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Daryl Murphy linked with Burton, Doncaster and Bolton. on 11:55 - Aug 7 with 985 viewsSamWhiteUK

Honestly, I'd have him back in a heartbeat
Evans is busy with..... on 11:56 - Aug 7 with 984 viewsBloots

....."Simple panting and decorating", although it's only "at the planning stage".

He can't be expected to do everything at once.

Painting doesn't just happen you know, it needs a planning stage.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024