Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much do these things matter to you as a fan? 10:19 - Jul 12 with 2065 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Stolen from another forum. Really interesting how much fans disagreed when the points were added up.

If you had to allocate a total of 50 points to the following (giving no more than 25 points to any category:

- Winning (no matter how it's achieved)
- Playing attractive football
- Making big money signings
- Developing youth players
- Being a club that neutrals admire

For me it would be:

- Winning (no matter how it's achieved) - 10
- Playing attractive football - 20
- Making big money signings - 0
- Developing youth players - 15
- Being a club that neutrals admire - 5

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

How much do these things matter to you as a fan? on 10:21 - Jul 12 with 2043 viewsHeathlander

- Winning (no matter how it's achieved) -15
- Playing attractive football - 15
- Making big money signings
- Developing youth players -15
How much do these things matter to you as a fan? on 10:21 - Jul 12 with 2034 viewswkj

, brexit - 50

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

How much do these things matter to you as a fan? on 10:24 - Jul 12 with 2014 viewsGuthrum

- Winning (no matter how it's achieved): 20
- Playing attractive football: 10
- Making big money signings: 0
- Developing youth players: 10
- Being a club that neutrals admire: 10

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

How much do these things matter to you as a fan? on 10:24 - Jul 12 with 2008 viewsITFC_Forever

- Winning (no matter how it's achieved) 20
- Playing attractive football 20
- Making big money signings 5
- Developing youth players 5
- Being a club that neutrals admire

I want us to win and play attractive football - with a mix of signings and yoof. Don't care about what others think.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

How much do these things matter to you as a fan? on 10:25 - Jul 12 with 1996 viewsKieran_Knows

- Winning (no matter how it's achieved) - 15
- Making big money signings - 5
- Developing youth players - 10

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

How much do these things matter to you as a fan? on 10:26 - Jul 12 with 1989 viewsfooters

How much do these things matter to you as a fan? on 10:21 - Jul 12 by wkj

, brexit - 50

Yep. Football is meaningless without getting the brexit papers signed.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

How much do these things matter to you as a fan? on 10:27 - Jul 12 with 1974 viewswkj

How much do these things matter to you as a fan? on 10:26 - Jul 12 by footers

Yep. Football is meaningless without getting the brexit papers signed.

First our Tommy gets taken from us, only natural they'll take footie next

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

How much do these things matter to you as a fan? on 10:30 - Jul 12 with 1961 viewsJ2BLUE

- Winning (no matter how it's achieved) - 20

I'm sure some people put big money signings but I can't see the point. Developing a youth player to become as good as a big money signing is far more satisfying and the fans have more of a connection. Could Liverpool have signed anyone who could become as loved as Gerrard? Noble at West Ham? Madness. I'd be quite happy to see transfer fees crash. I was watching SSN Transfer Show (as up its own arse as you can imagine) and the presenter said "Arsenal fans have made the point to us that if Arsenal can't afford Zaha, Stan Kroenke can and they've got a point". Sickeningly entitled. I know we have the same here with Evans but it is a bit different. Too many fans would be happy to see their club''s future risked to be higher on the Sky 'money spent' table.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

How much do these things matter to you as a fan? on 10:32 - Jul 12 with 1943 viewsstrikalite

Being a Club that neutrals admire - 50

That alone would probably cover that list, without the big money signings because opposing fans don't really like that..
How much do these things matter to you as a fan? on 10:32 - Jul 12 with 1938 viewsitfcjoe

- Winning (no matter how it's achieved) - 17
- Playing attractive football - 18
- Developing youth players -10

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How much do these things matter to you as a fan? on 10:34 - Jul 12 with 1918 viewstextbackup

- Winning (no matter how it's achieved) 10
- Playing attractive football 15
- Making big money signings 0
- Developing youth players 15
- Being a club that neutrals admire 10

only reason I gave the bottom question a 10 is because im a burley boy, and under burley everyone admired our football, and that obviously means a lot to me because of the nice things I heard about town as a boy
[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 10:36]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

How much do these things matter to you as a fan? on 10:46 - Jul 12 with 1855 viewsFixed_It

- Winning (no matter how it's achieved) - 15

I actually think 'being club that neutrals admire' is actually quite important to me, but hopefully the other things would sort that anyway as others have suggested.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

How much do these things matter to you as a fan? on 11:03 - Jul 12 with 1812 viewsBlue_In_Boston

Previous seasons....

- Winning (no matter how it's achieved) - 30
- Playing attractive football - 10
- Being a club that neutrals admire - 0

For this season anyway, winning (no matter how it's achieved) and winning ugly if need be is all that matters, so all 50 points for that.

Being a club that neutrals admire is a nice way to say they see you as harmless!
How much do these things matter to you as a fan? on 11:09 - Jul 12 with 1791 viewshomer_123

- Winning (no matter how it's achieved) - 25 (anyone who says otherwise is wrong)
- Developing youth players - 5

There is no getting away from it - winning is what football is about - it's results driven. Wanting to play the 'right' way is a bonus is you can do it but I'd choose Mick and the Championship over Hurst and Lambert with a bit better football any day of the week as that means we are getting some results and something to actually build on (one way or another).

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

How much do these things matter to you as a fan? on 11:19 - Jul 12 with 1745 viewsBlueBadger

How much do these things matter to you as a fan? on 11:09 - Jul 12 by homer_123

- Winning (no matter how it's achieved) - 25 (anyone who says otherwise is wrong)
- Developing youth players - 5

There is no getting away from it - winning is what football is about - it's results driven. Wanting to play the 'right' way is a bonus is you can do it but I'd choose Mick and the Championship over Hurst and Lambert with a bit better football any day of the week as that means we are getting some results and something to actually build on (one way or another).

Essentially this, but 10 points to 'developing youth players' and none to 'being a club thet neutrals admire'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How much do these things matter to you as a fan? on 11:29 - Jul 12 with 1706 viewsonly_one_sir_bobby

How much do these things matter to you as a fan? on 11:35 - Jul 12 with 1677 viewsBigManBlue

- Winning (no matter how it's achieved) - 40
- Developing youth players - 0

I honestly don't get the whole obsession with where players come from - if they're in blue then everyone's "one of our own" in my eyes. Nor could I care less if people admire us, that tends to be reserved for clubs who tap it about nicely but never threaten to actually win anything.

Actually it probably comes down to living in Norwich and them being obsessed by the idea that everyone loves them because they're plucky underdogs or something. I'd rather have my own pride in grinding out 1-0's in L1 than earning the validation of PL plastics by losing nicely.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 11:36]

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

How much do these things matter to you as a fan? on 11:43 - Jul 12 with 1634 viewsLimitlessBlue

- Winning (no matter how it's achieved) - 25

I was tempted to give Winning 50 as the reality is, in a sport; a competition, winning is what we all want. I'd love to play shlt and beat teams considering what happened last season

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

How much do these things matter to you as a fan? on 11:48 - Jul 12 with 1618 viewsHalf_Idiot

I couldn't care less about what people think about the club and whether they're making big money signings as long as we're winning games. If we can do that playing semi-decent football with a few kids in the squad then great. But at the end of the day it's the results that matter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024