Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Even Colchester are getting with the times... 13:32 - Jul 8 with 1970 viewsSitfcB

1. For those of you who buy online, we have upgraded the scanners at the turnstiles so that they will read the ticket from your mobile phone.

3. The numerous points of sales at the stadium will not be taking cash on matchdays. We have around 60 points points of sales and handling 60 cash floats is a financial burden that takes too much away from the club who need to make every penny it can on these occasions. We will make a few kiosks available where cash can be added to a club card, but please bring your alternatives to cash if at all possible.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2019/july/robbies-pre-season-update/

Meanwhile, we can’t ‘afford’ to have card machines at the stadium and people have to continue printing paper tickets.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Even Colchester are getting with the times... on 13:34 - Jul 8 with 1949 viewschicoazul

They have an owner who, for all his faults and having dealt directly with him and his company they are many, is engaged and upbeat and visible and wants success.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Even Colchester are getting with the times... on 13:38 - Jul 8 with 1893 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lol.

Bring on the season.

This is becoming painful.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Even Colchester are getting with the times... on 13:40 - Jul 8 with 1865 viewsFtnfwest

and they can count as well...
Even Colchester are getting with the times... on 13:41 - Jul 8 with 1869 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Last season I went and watched games at Achilles, Grundisbugh, Henley and Wenhaston.

Three of the four took card payments at the bar. ITFC still does not.

At least 10 matches last season I fancied a beer or a pie at some point but hadn't any more cash on me after buying a programme, golden gamble ticket etc. That's about an extra £30 I'd have spent.

Times that by 15,000 people and that's nearly half a million quid. Even if I am massively out, that's still a huge amount of money people would spend that would go back into the club.

It is staggering that we don't have card readers when charity shops do. I've even seen bands in the pub that allow you to buy a t-shirt via a card reader and a street vendor selling football scarves who did the same.

I appreciate there are running costs, but they would be minimal to the additional revenue generated.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 13:51]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Even Colchester are getting with the times... on 13:55 - Jul 8 with 1767 viewsSteve_M

How many years have we had season tickets on cards? It's at least a decade and yet we still need turnstile operators to scan each one verrrrry slowwwly.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Even Colchester are getting with the times... on 13:57 - Jul 8 with 1740 viewsBlueBadger

Even Colchester are getting with the times... on 13:38 - Jul 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

Lol.

Bring on the season.

This is becoming painful.

I rather fear that the season may be more painful...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Even Colchester are getting with the times... on 13:57 - Jul 8 with 1740 viewsSitfcB

Even Colchester are getting with the times... on 13:40 - Jul 8 by Ftnfwest

and they can count as well...

Deleted number two as was irrelevant to the point.

COYB

Even Colchester are getting with the times... on 13:59 - Jul 8 with 1735 viewsSitfcB

Even Colchester are getting with the times... on 13:55 - Jul 8 by Steve_M

How many years have we had season tickets on cards? It's at least a decade and yet we still need turnstile operators to scan each one verrrrry slowwwly.

When we got the barcoded cards and match tickets I thought we were going to get the automatic barriers not some tiny little machine and an OAP still behind the glass.

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

Even Colchester are getting with the times... on 14:02 - Jul 8 with 1715 viewsDanTheMan

Even Colchester are getting with the times... on 13:41 - Jul 8 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Last season I went and watched games at Achilles, Grundisbugh, Henley and Wenhaston.

At least 10 matches last season I fancied a beer or a pie at some point but hadn't any more cash on me after buying a programme, golden gamble ticket etc. That's about an extra £30 I'd have spent.

Times that by 15,000 people and that's nearly half a million quid. Even if I am massively out, that's still a huge amount of money people would spend that would go back into the club.

It is staggering that we don't have card readers when charity shops do. I've even seen bands in the pub that allow you to buy a t-shirt via a card reader and a street vendor selling football scarves who did the same.

I appreciate there are running costs, but they would be minimal to the additional revenue generated.

Yeah, you only need an internet connection to run them. I don't see what the issue is.

Hell, once RCS takes off, you could literally order your food or whatever before hand on your phone with a bot then go pick it up. Then you wouldn't even need the card machines.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Even Colchester are getting with the times... on 14:09 - Jul 8 with 1684 viewsFtnfwest

Even Colchester are getting with the times... on 13:57 - Jul 8 by SitfcB

Deleted number two as was irrelevant to the point.

It's just a sign of the times i'm afraid. All Colcheatster supporters probably have automatic spellchecker on as well!
Even Colchester are getting with the times... on 14:11 - Jul 8 with 1679 viewshomer_123

Even Colchester are getting with the times... on 13:55 - Jul 8 by Steve_M

Given you can buy a kids ticket - simply scan and walk in....maybe that's why people are still there checking the tickets?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Even Colchester are getting with the times... on 14:28 - Jul 8 with 1612 viewsSpruceMoose

Even Colchester are getting with the times... on 14:11 - Jul 8 by homer_123

Given you can buy a kids ticket - simply scan and walk in....maybe that's why people are still there checking the tickets?

If you carry out enough random spot checks and boot out the people caught then that would probably dissuade people.

Also, if you did this, you'd be a scumbag who has no right to complain about the chronic underfunding of the club, and hopefully your mates who you went with would heave you over the edge of the upper tier.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Even Colchester are getting with the times... on 15:40 - Jul 8 with 1453 viewsTractorWood

Even Colchester are getting with the times... on 13:59 - Jul 8 by SitfcB

When we got the barcoded cards and match tickets I thought we were going to get the automatic barriers not some tiny little machine and an OAP still behind the glass.

Can we really afford not to have a frosty OAP scanning tickets through?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Even Colchester are getting with the times... on 17:46 - Jul 8 with 1288 viewsFreddies_Ears

Even Colchester are getting with the times... on 13:41 - Jul 8 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I pay by card in the fanzone and Legends. There are some in the main concourses but not well advertised, and not at every bar.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024