Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury 15:37 - Jul 1 with 26592 viewsMoriarty

Or Eco hypocrites? People responsible for this mess have no right to preach about environmental matters.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/extra.ie/2019/07/01/news/world-news/glastonbury-aft

fka omuircheartaigh

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 15:45 - Jul 1 with 6246 viewsSpruceMoose

See, what you are trying to do here is suggest that the mess left behind at this public festival is down to those who care about the environment, as if Glastonbury was a festival exclusively for that one type of person.

I can pretty much guarantee you anyone who you would label an Eco Warrior didn't do this and was instead much more likely to be Mr Chud and his girlfriend Miss Bint, 9 to 5 workers in a small office or maybe in the service industry, who usually spend their online hours on Mumsnet complaining that environment protests might disrupt their holiday to Spain this year, but still managed to overcome this stress to have a very nice time watching Kylie. These are more likely the kind of folk who thought 'fück it' and just left their tent behind than those you sneeringly call eco warriors.

All in all, it's a bit of a strange post that somehow laments the lack of environmental care many people have, while simultaneously criticising the people who are most likely to be fighting for environmental rights.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2019 15:49]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 15:48 - Jul 1 with 6215 viewschicoazul

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 15:45 - Jul 1 by SpruceMoose

See, what you are trying to do here is suggest that the mess left behind at this public festival is down to those who care about the environment, as if Glastonbury was a festival exclusively for that one type of person.

I can pretty much guarantee you anyone who you would label an Eco Warrior didn't do this and was instead much more likely to be Mr Chud and his girlfriend Miss Bint, 9 to 5 workers in a small office or maybe in the service industry, who usually spend their online hours on Mumsnet complaining that environment protests might disrupt their holiday to Spain this year, but still managed to overcome this stress to have a very nice time watching Kylie. These are more likely the kind of folk who thought 'fück it' and just left their tent behind than those you sneeringly call eco warriors.

All in all, it's a bit of a strange post that somehow laments the lack of environmental care many people have, while simultaneously criticising the people who are most likely to be fighting for environmental rights.

Imagine being the kind of person who spends hours on web forums complaining about stuff.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 15:49 - Jul 1 with 6204 viewsSpruceMoose

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 15:48 - Jul 1 by chicoazul

Imagine being the kind of person who spends hours on web forums complaining about stuff.

I simply can not get my head around it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 15:52 - Jul 1 with 6192 viewsGuthrum

There's a quarter of a million people on site over the weekend. There's bound to be a bit of mess. But it all gets cleared up and returned to farmland in a matter of weeks. Indeed, during the festival itself, the overnight mess on the ground has usually gone by the next morning, thanks to the army of litter pickers.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 15:54 - Jul 1 with 6176 viewsflimflam

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 15:49 - Jul 1 by SpruceMoose

I simply can not get my head around it.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 15:55 - Jul 1 with 6178 viewsSpruceMoose

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 15:52 - Jul 1 by Guthrum

There's a quarter of a million people on site over the weekend. There's bound to be a bit of mess. But it all gets cleared up and returned to farmland in a matter of weeks. Indeed, during the festival itself, the overnight mess on the ground has usually gone by the next morning, thanks to the army of litter pickers.

An army of Eco Warriors, some might say.

There's an old African saying. A bloke in a field with a litter picker clears up more litter than a bloke at home pretending to care online. Think about it.

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 15:55 - Jul 1 with 6169 viewsSpruceMoose

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 15:54 - Jul 1 by flimflam

Don't make me woosh you Flip Flop.

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 15:56 - Jul 1 with 6175 viewshampstead_blue

My old Army boss and her husband, also an ex-Army officer volunteered to be cleaners this year.

They are pretty horrified at the lack of care people took over the site.

Is it the Japanese sports fans who clean the venue after an event? I'm sure I read that.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 15:59 - Jul 1 with 6135 viewsflimflam

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 15:55 - Jul 1 by SpruceMoose

Don't make me woosh you Flip Flop.

I woosh myself all the time so feel free

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 15:59 - Jul 1 with 6129 viewsSpruceMoose

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 15:59 - Jul 1 by flimflam

I woosh myself all the time so feel free

Filth.

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:01 - Jul 1 with 6124 viewsfooters

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 15:56 - Jul 1 by hampstead_blue

My old Army boss and her husband, also an ex-Army officer volunteered to be cleaners this year.

Is it the Japanese sports fans who clean the venue after an event? I'm sure I read that.

Yep. Extremely well behaved. Although tbf I'd only be happy with cleaning my own stuff if I'd bought a ticket to a game.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:02 - Jul 1 with 6124 viewsBLUEBEAT

Michael Eavis is pro-Blood Sports.

So him, his big outdoor pop concert and his supporters (the bands and punters) can fu(k right off.

Poll: W or W

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:05 - Jul 1 with 6109 viewsSpruceMoose

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:01 - Jul 1 by footers

Yep. Extremely well behaved. Although tbf I'd only be happy with cleaning my own stuff if I'd bought a ticket to a game.

Yet they buy used underpants from vending machines and drink so hard that they themselves become litter strewn across pavements, benches and train platforms An interesting people.

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:05 - Jul 1 with 6113 viewsSteve_M

Here's another piece of anecdoatal evidence:

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/council-vegan-network-beach-clean-1-6135108

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:07 - Jul 1 with 6092 viewsfooters

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:05 - Jul 1 by SpruceMoose

Yet they buy used underpants from vending machines and drink so hard that they themselves become litter strewn across pavements, benches and train platforms An interesting people.

One of the peoples I would least like to go to war with. Some cruel and unusual traits. Not to generalise, of course.

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:07 - Jul 1 with 6095 viewsGeoffSentence

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 15:56 - Jul 1 by hampstead_blue

I did litter picking at Glasto a couple of times.

As a result I can confidently declare that people at festivals are disgusting.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:13 - Jul 1 with 6053 viewsbluebud

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 15:45 - Jul 1 by SpruceMoose

I really wish you'd stop picking on the service industry - it's one of our biggest and most profitable sectors with the largest cross section of people.

You've criticised the OP (maybe rightly) for generalising about the make up of the Glasto crowd. Stop generalising about the much bigger and more diverse service industry.

It's a very cheap way of flexing your faux superiority against people you obviously deem not worthy. You come across as inadequate every time.

You are the equivalent of a persistant drunken heckler at a comedy show spoiling other peoples time thinking you're cerebral.

Get a life.
Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:15 - Jul 1 with 6036 viewsSouperJim

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:07 - Jul 1 by GeoffSentence

I did litter picking at Glasto a couple of times.

As a result I can confidently declare that people at festivals are disgusting.

Who are the real eco-assassins here? The boozed up 20 year olds ill equipped to spend two days slumming it in a field without making a mess, or the festival organisers who make a tidy profit, yet have volunteers take care of the clean-up operation?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:18 - Jul 1 with 6020 viewsGeoffSentence

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:15 - Jul 1 by SouperJim

Who are the real eco-assassins here? The boozed up 20 year olds ill equipped to spend two days slumming it in a field without making a mess, or the festival organisers who make a tidy profit, yet have volunteers take care of the clean-up operation?

Can't say. But I can still say that people who go to festivals are disgusting.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:22 - Jul 1 with 5986 viewsSpruceMoose

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:13 - Jul 1 by bluebud

I really wish you'd stop picking on the service industry - it's one of our biggest and most profitable sectors with the largest cross section of people.

You've criticised the OP (maybe rightly) for generalising about the make up of the Glasto crowd. Stop generalising about the much bigger and more diverse service industry.

It's a very cheap way of flexing your faux superiority against people you obviously deem not worthy. You come across as inadequate every time.

You are the equivalent of a persistant drunken heckler at a comedy show spoiling other peoples time thinking you're cerebral.

Get a life.

Well that's a weird post. I think that is maybe the first time I've every typed the words 'Service Industry' on here. It's interesting that you deem them to be negative words though. I wonder why that is? I used them merely to highlight that the average person at Glasto is, well, the average person and not your stereotypical eco warrior as suggested by the OP. How come you didn't defend Estate Agents by the way?! That's a bit mean of you.

All you've done here is just made a load of stuff up and thrown it at me probably because you fancied having a go and needed to shoehorn a justification in. You're just the latest in a long line of inadequate chumps who try to pull that nonsense. As such, as impolitely as you like, you can fück off.

I did enjoy the rest of your blub though, a fascinating insight into your insecurities. Thanks! Tell us, what branch of Iceland do you work in?
[Post edited 1 Jul 2019 16:28]

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:24 - Jul 1 with 5966 viewsGuthrum

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:15 - Jul 1 by SouperJim

They make a moderate profit, the bulk of which is given to charity. Without volunteers, they wouldn't be able to stage the festival at all.

I worked there as a volunteer for 13 festivals over 15 years.

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:27 - Jul 1 with 5930 viewsHerbivore

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:13 - Jul 1 by bluebud

Get a life.

Says the man whose posting history is 90% drunk heckling.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:32 - Jul 1 with 5890 viewsfooters

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:24 - Jul 1 by Guthrum

They make a moderate profit, the bulk of which is given to charity. Without volunteers, they wouldn't be able to stage the festival at all.

I worked there as a volunteer for 13 festivals over 15 years.

It's a great deal for the volunteers too (if they're into that sort of thing). Loads of my mates have been there since last Wednesday, I think, as crew and won't be back till later in the week. Plenty of tatting opportunities to be had as well ;)

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:33 - Jul 1 with 5885 viewsfooters

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:27 - Jul 1 by Herbivore

Says the man whose posting history is 90% drunk heckling.

Just angry cos he didn't get tipped today.

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:35 - Jul 1 with 5870 viewsGuthrum

Any Eco “warriors” at Glastonbury on 16:32 - Jul 1 by footers

It's a great deal for the volunteers too (if they're into that sort of thing). Loads of my mates have been there since last Wednesday, I think, as crew and won't be back till later in the week. Plenty of tatting opportunities to be had as well ;)

If you really, really want another broken gazebo ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024