Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mayor chooses Plymouth... 14:59 - Jul 1 with 7873 viewsportmanking

12 month deal with option, according to their equivalent of TWTD.

Definitely does prefer to be a big fish in a small pond then.
Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:00 - Jul 1 with 4291 viewsKieran_Knows

Yep, now confirmed.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:01 - Jul 1 with 4281 viewsSouperJim

Makes me wonder if we actually tabled an offer, 1 year with an option isn't exactly pushing the boat out. Seems like an opportunity missed.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:02 - Jul 1 with 4244 viewsHerbivore

I can only assume that either (a) our interest never got as far as offering him a deal and we decided to move on or (b) he chose to join a club a division below us who will undoubtedly being paying him less. If it's option (b) we've dodged a bullet as it shows something of a lack of ambition. If it's option (a) then perhaps ultimately we felt he wasn't what we needed.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:02 - Jul 1 with 4255 viewsportmanking

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:01 - Jul 1 by SouperJim

Makes me wonder if we actually tabled an offer, 1 year with an option isn't exactly pushing the boat out. Seems like an opportunity missed.

Of course we tabled an offer, he wouldn't have visited PR otherwise.

If he'd rather have his ego massaged in League Two for another year than challenge himself, so be it. He's got very little to prove at that level, so a complete lack of ambition IMHO.
Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:11 - Jul 1 with 4150 viewsSouperJim

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:02 - Jul 1 by portmanking

If he'd rather have his ego massaged in League Two for another year than challenge himself, so be it. He's got very little to prove at that level, so a complete lack of ambition IMHO.

Of course? No way of knowing is there, I don't imagine we would offer a player a contract without meeting him first, so maybe visiting is as far as it went. Either he didn't meet our expectations, or us his.

Bit unfair to label him as having no ambition without any knowledge of the facts.

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:15 - Jul 1 with 4124 viewsportmanking

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:11 - Jul 1 by SouperJim

Of course? No way of knowing is there, I don't imagine we would offer a player a contract without meeting him first, so maybe visiting is as far as it went. Either he didn't meet our expectations, or us his.

Bit unfair to label him as having no ambition without any knowledge of the facts.

There's no way he and his wife would travel the other side of the country without a concrete contract offer on the table. Otherwise all the talking could simply happen over the phone and via agents...
Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:15 - Jul 1 with 4111 viewsSitfcB

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:02 - Jul 1 by portmanking

Disagree.

He simply may have come here for a look and a chat.

It may have never reached ‘offer’ stage.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:16 - Jul 1 with 4081 viewsHerbivore

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:15 - Jul 1 by portmanking

There's no way he and his wife would travel the other side of the country without a concrete contract offer on the table. Otherwise all the talking could simply happen over the phone and via agents...

"There's no way"? How can you possibly know that?

Login to get fewer ads

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:16 - Jul 1 with 4082 viewsSitfcB

Did his wife have an interview at Ipswich Hospital?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:18 - Jul 1 with 4049 viewsportmanking

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:16 - Jul 1 by Herbivore

"There's no way"? How can you possibly know that?

Why on earth would you travel the other side of the country without there being concrete interest?
Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:21 - Jul 1 with 4003 viewsSouperJim

Yep, you're out of work but half a day in a car to visit your potential future employer is in no way worth the possibility of being offered a contract worth half a million plus over 2 years...

If Evans has ever formally offered a player we've never met a contract, I'll eat my hat.

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:23 - Jul 1 with 3970 viewsSouperJim

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:18 - Jul 1 by portmanking

Why on earth would you travel the other side of the country without there being concrete interest?

When you're invited for interview, do you say "I'm not coming unless you offer me the job first"?

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:23 - Jul 1 with 3969 viewsportmanking

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:21 - Jul 1 by SouperJim

Yep, you're out of work but half a day in a car to visit your potential future employer is in no way worth the possibility of being offered a contract worth half a million plus over 2 years...

If Evans has ever formally offered a player we've never met a contract, I'll eat my hat.

Start chomping then fella.

Players get offered contracts via agents without clubs meeting players face-to-face initially all the time. Bizarre comment.
Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:24 - Jul 1 with 3955 viewsportmanking

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:23 - Jul 1 by SouperJim

When you're invited for interview, do you say "I'm not coming unless you offer me the job first"?

Good work, comparing real world employment to the way the football world works...
Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:24 - Jul 1 with 3957 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:02 - Jul 1 by Herbivore

I can only assume that either (a) our interest never got as far as offering him a deal and we decided to move on or (b) he chose to join a club a division below us who will undoubtedly being paying him less. If it's option (b) we've dodged a bullet as it shows something of a lack of ambition. If it's option (a) then perhaps ultimately we felt he wasn't what we needed.

Or if it's option B is could also be that he thinks he's dodged a bullet. Just to be equitable about this, as it would have needed to suit both parties.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:26 - Jul 1 with 3920 viewsSpruceMoose

You seem to be taking this very hard.

Let it go.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:28 - Jul 1 with 3913 viewsSouperJim

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:23 - Jul 1 by portmanking

Start chomping then fella.

Players get offered contracts via agents without clubs meeting players face-to-face initially all the time. Bizarre comment.

I didn't say "clubs", I said Evans. Yes, we may have told him we were interested in signing him and discussing terms, but it is entirely possible he visited us on that basis without a formal contract ever being offered. Doesn't mean he turned us down, or has no ambition. But hey, don't let that get in the way of you slagging the lad off without any of the facts.

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:28 - Jul 1 with 3897 viewsHerbivore

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:18 - Jul 1 by portmanking

I'd imagine it would be so both parties could suss each other out a bit before deciding whether to pursue their interest further. He's a free agent, it's not like he or we needed anyone's permission to meet with him.

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:31 - Jul 1 with 3884 viewsSpruceMoose

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:28 - Jul 1 by SouperJim

I didn't say "clubs", I said Evans. Yes, we may have told him we were interested in signing him and discussing terms, but it is entirely possible he visited us on that basis without a formal contract ever being offered. Doesn't mean he turned us down, or has no ambition. But hey, don't let that get in the way of you slagging the lad off without any of the facts.

I've never noticed this Pormanking fella before, but now I have an I am glad. I think he's going to be a great source of mirth for me over the coming months. I for one am looking forward to these mini meltdowns every time we don't sign a player we decided we weren't interested in.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:31 - Jul 1 with 3875 viewsSouperJim

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:24 - Jul 1 by portmanking

Good work, comparing real world employment to the way the football world works...

He's not Messi is he? He's a 28-year-old, out of work, who has plied most of his trade in League Two. I would suspect he'd be willing to visit clubs who were interested in him without a formal contract offer, meet his potential new employer and place of work etc. Otherwise god knows what all these trialists are up to, they need to get in touch with Mayor's agent.

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:33 - Jul 1 with 3868 viewsGuthrum

You can get a better idea of someone's personality face-to-face than over the phone. As for travel, we may have been the biggest club showing an interest, so worth going to visit.

Perhaps his wife had a dog in her handbag?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:33 - Jul 1 with 3863 viewsSteve_M

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:16 - Jul 1 by SitfcB

Did his wife have an interview at Ipswich Hospital?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:35 - Jul 1 with 3843 viewsportmanking

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:31 - Jul 1 by SpruceMoose

I've never noticed this Pormanking fella before, but now I have an I am glad. I think he's going to be a great source of mirth for me over the coming months. I for one am looking forward to these mini meltdowns every time we don't sign a player we decided we weren't interested in.

So it's alright for you to say that we "decided we weren't interested" even though there's no proof of that, but it's not okay for me to suggest the club had offered him terms?
Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:38 - Jul 1 with 3815 viewsSpruceMoose

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:35 - Jul 1 by portmanking

So it's alright for you to say that we "decided we weren't interested" even though there's no proof of that, but it's not okay for me to suggest the club had offered him terms?

Yeah because I don't care either way, whereas you're taking it like your wife has left you for your brother.

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:40 - Jul 1 with 3792 viewsportmanking

Mayor chooses Plymouth... on 15:38 - Jul 1 by SpruceMoose

Yeah because I don't care either way, whereas you're taking it like your wife has left you for your brother.

Righto.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024