Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anteria cruciate ligament injurys 13:57 - Jun 25 with 1623 viewsWickets

I have no idea regarding whats right or wrong with Barts transfer saga but note that he did undergo ligament surgery in 2006 . If this is the reason Millwall decided to opp out it does empathise just how nasty these sort of injurys can be .Andre Dozzell was at pre season training last season but was clearly not himself for most of last year .He is young enough to get over those problems and be much nearer his previous form as this season progresses. I have read some on this forum expecting Freddy Sears to be back to form pretty quickly also , that would be great but unlikely.
Anteria cruciate ligament injurys on 14:02 - Jun 25 with 1589 viewsSwansea_Blue

Barts played many seasons since then though, several for us and in 3 of those he was our player of the season. So unless it's an issue that's likely to cause a problem as he gets older (not that there's any sign), I think it's safe to say he's made his recovery and showed that he's able to play regularly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anteria cruciate ligament injurys on 14:05 - Jun 25 with 1577 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Most high profile one was Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

ACL delayed his move to man Utd for a year, but he hit the ground running and never looked back.

As ever, there's no real rule and it depends on the player.

You'd think Freddie would be out for a year, which would put his return at Feb.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Anteria cruciate ligament injurys on 14:06 - Jun 25 with 1569 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Anteria cruciate ligament injurys on 14:02 - Jun 25 by Swansea_Blue

Barts played many seasons since then though, several for us and in 3 of those he was our player of the season. So unless it's an issue that's likely to cause a problem as he gets older (not that there's any sign), I think it's safe to say he's made his recovery and showed that he's able to play regularly.

Yes, his 350 matches since his op suggest a good recovery.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Anteria cruciate ligament injurys on 14:15 - Jun 25 with 1543 viewsWickets

Anteria cruciate ligament injurys on 14:06 - Jun 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

Yes, his 350 matches since his op suggest a good recovery.

Of course and i dont think anyone other than maybe Millwall have suggested otherwise ! Its more the expectation on young young Andre last season and the resulting criticism when he was not fully recovered that was poor . IMO.
Anteria cruciate ligament injurys on 14:20 - Jun 25 with 1526 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Anteria cruciate ligament injurys on 14:15 - Jun 25 by Wickets

Of course and i dont think anyone other than maybe Millwall have suggested otherwise ! Its more the expectation on young young Andre last season and the resulting criticism when he was not fully recovered that was poor . IMO.

I don't think the ACL was his main problem.

I think it was the expectation levels, and the fact he was playing in a sh1t team.

Anteria cruciate ligament injurys on 14:27 - Jun 25 with 1503 viewsWickets

Anteria cruciate ligament injurys on 14:20 - Jun 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

I don't think the ACL was his main problem.

I think it was the expectation levels, and the fact he was playing in a sh1t team.

Maybe but whatever it was the criticism was less than helpfull to a young player. What i do know is that serious ligament injurys can have a nasty effect on players careers often taking a long time to recover from mentally .Also on a medical note their is often thickening/scaring left on the repair sometimes permanant, even if the player is fully recovered, just wonder if this is the Bart problem .
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 14:29]
Anteria cruciate ligament injurys on 20:54 - Jun 25 with 1346 viewsBlueForYou

I’ve had an ACL reconstruction. It takes a year to fully recover & move forward. Any less & it’s very risky, despite what some might say.
Anteria cruciate ligament injurys on 23:08 - Jun 25 with 1240 views66notout

Anteria cruciate ligament injurys on 20:54 - Jun 25 by BlueForYou

I’ve had an ACL reconstruction. It takes a year to fully recover & move forward. Any less & it’s very risky, despite what some might say.

It’s the most feared injury for any player. I believe the first pro to play again after this injury was George Burley in 1981 and before he underwent the pioneering surgery of David Dandy in Cambridge it was regarded as a career-ending injury.

And it’s anterior, not anteria.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 23:10]
Login to get fewer ads

Anteria cruciate ligament injurys on 06:21 - Jun 26 with 1175 viewsgordon

Anteria cruciate ligament injurys on 23:08 - Jun 25 by 66notout

It’s the most feared injury for any player. I believe the first pro to play again after this injury was George Burley in 1981 and before he underwent the pioneering surgery of David Dandy in Cambridge it was regarded as a career-ending injury.

And it’s anterior, not anteria.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 23:10]

There would have been a fair amount of pros having the injury (in the days before scans) and just building strength back into the joint with weights etc and playing again - risky for knee cartilage though. A serious knee cartilage injury is probably worse because there isn't any way back, although ACL problems make knee cartilage damage more likely so the two are interlinked.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024