Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some interesting developments regarding AJ 10:42 - Jun 4 with 3298 viewsMrTown

Seems to be developing that AJ was knocked out twice in sparring leading up to the Ruiz fight. Wanted to pull out of the fight but Eddie Hearn convinced him otherwise. Apparently this is why AJ’s dad was livid with Eddie Hearn after the fight.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 10:52 - Jun 4 with 2601 viewsKTBlue

he looked concussed from the end of the third round onwards, though that would be down to the knock downs in the third, Was caught high up on the head which for some fighters is where they are susceptible. Think there is /was something that happened in the run up, but don't know why Peter Fury would have the inside info!
Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 10:57 - Jun 4 with 2578 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Not sure whats worse.... getting knocked out sparring, or getting knocked out by Ruiz.

No conspiracy theories, he lost the fight, end of.

To be fair to AJ, he's showed a lot of class and made no excuses.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 10:57 - Jun 4 with 2567 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 10:52 - Jun 4 by KTBlue

he looked concussed from the end of the third round onwards, though that would be down to the knock downs in the third, Was caught high up on the head which for some fighters is where they are susceptible. Think there is /was something that happened in the run up, but don't know why Peter Fury would have the inside info!

Agreed, he looked concussed cos he took a big punch.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 11:02 - Jun 4 with 2539 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 11:04 - Jun 4 with 2522 viewsfooters

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 10:57 - Jun 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not sure whats worse.... getting knocked out sparring, or getting knocked out by Ruiz.

No conspiracy theories, he lost the fight, end of.

To be fair to AJ, he's showed a lot of class and made no excuses.

Yeah, getting knocked out by an 18-stone Mexican with super-fast hands is a fcking disgrace.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 11:09 - Jun 4 with 2485 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 11:04 - Jun 4 by footers

Yeah, getting knocked out by an 18-stone Mexican with super-fast hands is a fcking disgrace.

Rank outsider, who was paid £30k for a bout earlier in the year.....

...lets be fair, this is accepted as a huge shock defeat.

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 11:10 - Jun 4 with 2480 viewsHerbivore

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 11:04 - Jun 4 by footers

Because he'd not heard of Ruiz before he's just assumed that he must be no good. This is despite him being, at best, a casual fan of the sport. Ruiz has always been a talented fighter, he's only lost once and not everyone agreed he lost that fight either.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 11:11 - Jun 4 with 2470 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 11:10 - Jun 4 by Herbivore

Because he'd not heard of Ruiz before he's just assumed that he must be no good. This is despite him being, at best, a casual fan of the sport. Ruiz has always been a talented fighter, he's only lost once and not everyone agreed he lost that fight either.

Revisionism.

Login to get fewer ads

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 11:41 - Jun 4 with 2312 viewsHerbivore

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 11:11 - Jun 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

Revisionism.

No, I've always said you're a casual.

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 11:43 - Jun 4 with 2301 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 11:41 - Jun 4 by Herbivore

No, I've always said you're a casual.

What can I say.... I'm too casual..... like AJ ;-)

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 11:45 - Jun 4 with 2290 viewsfooters

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 11:09 - Jun 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

Rank outsider, who was paid £30k for a bout earlier in the year.....

...lets be fair, this is accepted as a huge shock defeat.

Meh. It's heavyweight boxing, anyone can knock anyone out.

Although it is a 'shock' defeat, it only seems greater because of the AJ hype train. Most US correspondents said how tough a fight it was beforehand, tougher than Miller by all accounts.

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 11:48 - Jun 4 with 2263 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 11:45 - Jun 4 by footers

Meh. It's heavyweight boxing, anyone can knock anyone out.

Although it is a 'shock' defeat, it only seems greater because of the AJ hype train. Most US correspondents said how tough a fight it was beforehand, tougher than Miller by all accounts.

Its a fight he shouldnt be losing, but I agree it only takes one good punch to land.

AJ seems a likable guy. I hate all the hype / over hype that goes with him, and he would do well to get his team to tone that down... it doesnt seem like him.

**CAVEAT: What do I know, I'm only a casual observer and as such am not allowed an opinion.**

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:02 - Jun 4 with 2210 viewsHerbivore

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 11:48 - Jun 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

Its a fight he shouldnt be losing, but I agree it only takes one good punch to land.

AJ seems a likable guy. I hate all the hype / over hype that goes with him, and he would do well to get his team to tone that down... it doesnt seem like him.

**CAVEAT: What do I know, I'm only a casual observer and as such am not allowed an opinion.**

What do you mean by hype though? He's in the media a lot because he's popular and was the unified heavyweight champion. Nobody in his team or elsewhere has ever claimed he's an all time great.

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:10 - Jun 4 with 2153 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:02 - Jun 4 by Herbivore

What do you mean by hype though? He's in the media a lot because he's popular and was the unified heavyweight champion. Nobody in his team or elsewhere has ever claimed he's an all time great.

Hey man, chill. Take it up with footers, he brought it up.

You dont think that the AJ brand has been in any way inflated by his management and promotion team? Thats what the whole 'breaking america' tour was about.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/2019/02/23/anthony-joshua-begins-stage-two-gl

WOW. Talk about naive. Come on Herb.

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:12 - Jun 4 with 2144 viewsfooters

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:10 - Jun 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

You dont think that the AJ brand has been in any way inflated by his management and promotion team? Thats what the whole 'breaking america' tour was about.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/2019/02/23/anthony-joshua-begins-stage-two-gl

Don't take it up with me. My inane musings don't stand up to scrutiny.

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:13 - Jun 4 with 2139 viewsTIB

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 10:52 - Jun 4 by KTBlue

There is a video online somewhere online where Joshua is in his corner (I think at end of 6th) and he's saying something like "Why am I feeling like this though?" He looked totally gone.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:16 - Jun 4 with 2122 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:12 - Jun 4 by footers

Don't take it up with me. My inane musings don't stand up to scrutiny.

;-)

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:27 - Jun 4 with 2045 viewsBiGDonnie

I'm kinda glad he lost. He's been poor last few fights. He'll either come back stronger and dominate again, or, get ko'd by Ruiz in a rematch.

Either way, It's all about Dillian Whyte, he's our next champion IMO, trouble is, Fury, Wilder and AJ are all scared to fight him.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:28 - Jun 4 with 2042 viewsHerbivore

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:10 - Jun 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

God yeah, who'd imagine that the unified heavyweight world champion would want to try and break the US? How outrageous. He should have had a couple of low key fights in the York Hall instead.

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:29 - Jun 4 with 2034 viewsHerbivore

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:27 - Jun 4 by BiGDonnie

I'm kinda glad he lost. He's been poor last few fights. He'll either come back stronger and dominate again, or, get ko'd by Ruiz in a rematch.

Either way, It's all about Dillian Whyte, he's our next champion IMO, trouble is, Fury, Wilder and AJ are all scared to fight him.

AJ has already fought him and offered him a rematch earlier this year? Agree that Wilder and Fury don't want any part of him though.

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:35 - Jun 4 with 1999 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:28 - Jun 4 by Herbivore

God yeah, who'd imagine that the unified heavyweight world champion would want to try and break the US? How outrageous. He should have had a couple of low key fights in the York Hall instead.

Hey, just making a point about the hype.... which you denied.

Play it down if you like.

....in a years time, you'll probably see AJ at the York Hall. ;-)

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:36 - Jun 4 with 1996 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I agree, I think losing the '0' record will be a blessing for AJ.

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:42 - Jun 4 with 1973 viewsHerbivore

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:35 - Jun 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

Hey, just making a point about the hype.... which you denied.

Play it down if you like.

....in a years time, you'll probably see AJ at the York Hall. ;-)

It's an odd definition of hype. Hype would he loudly declaring that an untried prospect is the best fighter in their division. AJ had unified three of the four titles and beaten a number of top ranked heavyweights. It's not hype to say that he wants to break the US, is it?

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:42 - Jun 4 with 1974 viewsmaccyd9

The same Whyte that AJ beat and was down on the cards going in to the 11th against Chisora in his last fight?

AJ hasn't been poor in his last few fights at all either.

Can't quite grasp why anyone would want a good British role model to lose a fight.
Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:47 - Jun 4 with 1949 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:42 - Jun 4 by Herbivore

It's an odd definition of hype. Hype would he loudly declaring that an untried prospect is the best fighter in their division. AJ had unified three of the four titles and beaten a number of top ranked heavyweights. It's not hype to say that he wants to break the US, is it?

Lets agree to differ.

I've raised doubts about AJ on this forum before and was shot down in flames by people who claim to know boxing.

...it appears that my judgement on boxing is preeeeeetty goooood. ;-)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024