Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! 10:31 - May 10 with 3025 viewsartsbossbeard

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fans-dreaming-holi

I bet none of the "winners" have bought anything from Zavvi for the last 5yrs or even longer.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 10:36 - May 10 with 2979 viewsitfcjoe

God, it's all so desperate and obvious isn't it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 10:38 - May 10 with 2976 viewsReuser_is_God

"The 38-year-old, who has arthritis and depression, has never attended a football match before.

She said: "I've followed Liverpool for a few years yet never had the joy of attending a match.

"I was shocked and excited when I received the email. I kept reading it and just thought 'wow, it's happening, I'm going to live a dream'."

FFS

EDIT: she goes on...

However upon hearing that she was not going to Madrid on June 1, Gina was left extremely upset.

She continued: "Finding out it's an error has made me angry, upset. I'm actually crying as I type this.

"The company should at least give a public apology for one, but also give every 'winner' some kind of compensation.

"Maybe honour the prepaid £250 Mastercard?"
[Post edited 10 May 2019 10:39]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 10:38 - May 10 with 2967 viewsGuthrum

I thought Zavvi was an alien from Star Trek.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 10:42 - May 10 with 2954 viewsartsbossbeard

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 10:38 - May 10 by Reuser_is_God

"The 38-year-old, who has arthritis and depression, has never attended a football match before.

She said: "I've followed Liverpool for a few years yet never had the joy of attending a match.

"I was shocked and excited when I received the email. I kept reading it and just thought 'wow, it's happening, I'm going to live a dream'."

FFS

However upon hearing that she was not going to Madrid on June 1, Gina was left extremely upset.

She continued: "Finding out it's an error has made me angry, upset. I'm actually crying as I type this.

"The company should at least give a public apology for one, but also give every 'winner' some kind of compensation.

There's a lot of guff before the request for a £250 pre paid Mastercard.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 10:45 - May 10 with 2939 viewsElderGrizzly

I was more surprised Zavvi still existed. I’d assumed they went bust a few years ago.
Same theme as the fans whinging about our ST target discount on 10:48 - May 10 with 2923 viewsDyland

FFS

Pathetic

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 10:57 - May 10 with 2895 viewsLord_Lucan

Feral feckers.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 10:58 - May 10 with 2881 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

FFS

She's never attended a football match... but this was her dream.

Yeah, right.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 11:01 - May 10 with 2869 viewschicoazul

"Zavvi? Deals out of Aldi car park and goes on the rob at the Trafford Centre, that Zavvi?"

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 11:03 - May 10 with 2860 viewsjeera

"One of those disappointed was Gina Price, who has been a Liverpool fan for a number of years.

...has never attended a football match before."

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 11:04 - May 10 with 2849 viewsartsbossbeard

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 11:03 - May 10 by jeera

"One of those disappointed was Gina Price, who has been a Liverpool fan for a number of years.

It's absolutely shameless journalism at it's best/worst.

Even the Ipswich Star must be looking at it and shaking their collective heads at the crassness of it all.

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 11:07 - May 10 with 2821 viewsSitfcB

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 11:04 - May 10 by artsbossbeard

It's absolutely shameless journalism at it's best/worst.

Even the Ipswich Star must be looking at it and shaking their collective heads at the crassness of it all.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/zavvi-email-error-suffolk-fans-disappointment

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 11:26 - May 10 with 2760 viewsartsbossbeard

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 11:07 - May 10 by SitfcB

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/zavvi-email-error-suffolk-fans-disappointment

The Ipswich Star have let themselves down by not mentioning a debilitating illness for either her of her husband. Shoddy.

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 11:55 - May 10 with 2708 viewsdavblue

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 10:36 - May 10 by itfcjoe

God, it's all so desperate and obvious isn't it

totally embarrassing from the journo, the people the content them wanting compensation.

As other people have said they probably didn't even enter the competition of there was one.
To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 12:01 - May 10 with 2683 viewsfooters

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 11:03 - May 10 by jeera

Technically, two is a number of years.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 12:07 - May 10 with 2671 viewsJ2BLUE

I feel a bit of sympathy to be honest. Everyone told they had won. Not sure how quickly it came out that it was an error but I can see why some are disappointed.

Anyone who has ever worked in any job dealing directly with the public knows many people will jump on anything for some compensation. They aren't afraid to lay it on thick, outright lie and exaggerate to try and get some free stuff.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 12:15 - May 10 with 2646 viewsSuperblue95

Loads of people scrounging and talking sh1te.

And oh look, they’re Liverpool fans. What a coincidence

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 12:17 - May 10 with 2645 viewsBluebell

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 11:07 - May 10 by SitfcB

"Although I'm not a big football fan I would love to go to Spain and it would have been a great experience. "

You couldn't make it up, could you?
To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 12:39 - May 10 with 2576 viewsGeoffSentence

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 12:17 - May 10 by Bluebell

"Although I'm not a big football fan I would love to go to Spain and it would have been a great experience. "

You couldn't make it up, could you?

but at least she had some awareness

""I felt really disappointed when I realised it was all a mistake, but it would have been worse for a real football fan!"

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 13:19 - May 10 with 2530 viewsfactual_blue

Are there demands for a public enquiry yet?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 09:01 - May 11 with 2386 viewsbritbiker

To the compensation-claim-mobile, Robin! on 13:19 - May 10 by factual_blue

Are there demands for a public enquiry yet?

No doubt an on line petition is looming.
Great bit of publicity for the company though. Maybe a publicity stunt methinks
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024