Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who should I vote for? 13:57 - May 7 with 24384 viewsSpruceMoose

Got a notification through in the post yesterday that I'll be receiving a European election postal vote in the next week or so. I genuinely have no idea who I will vote for at this point.

Members of TWTD here's your chance to gain an extra vote for your party of choice. Convince me. Who are you voting for and why!?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Who should I vote for? on 14:08 - May 7 with 4561 viewsHerbivore

Green. They are pro-Europe, pro-environment, left of centre economically. It's an easy choice.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Who should I vote for? on 14:10 - May 7 with 4551 viewsSpruceMoose

Who should I vote for? on 14:08 - May 7 by Herbivore

Green. They are pro-Europe, pro-environment, left of centre economically. It's an easy choice.

I am inclined to do so quite naturally. I have to say, I am entirely turned off by Labour. But if anyone has a counter view to that I'd be happy to listen.

I'm also keen to hear from those planning on voting for the right of centre parties. What's your reasoning there?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Who should I vote for? on 14:12 - May 7 with 4535 viewsHerbivore

Who should I vote for? on 14:10 - May 7 by SpruceMoose

I am inclined to do so quite naturally. I have to say, I am entirely turned off by Labour. But if anyone has a counter view to that I'd be happy to listen.

I'm also keen to hear from those planning on voting for the right of centre parties. What's your reasoning there?

I'll stand aside and let others make their pitch.

Who should I vote for? on 14:14 - May 7 with 4527 viewsJ2BLUE

Brexit Party

Only joking, suck it Pickles. No idea. Probably greens or lib dems.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Who should I vote for? on 14:18 - May 7 with 4514 viewsJ2BLUE

Who should I vote for? on 14:10 - May 7 by SpruceMoose

Would you be against someone voting Conservative? Obvious Brexit Party and UKIP are a bit different.

Truly impaired.

Who should I vote for? on 14:23 - May 7 with 4506 viewsSpruceMoose

Who should I vote for? on 14:18 - May 7 by J2BLUE

Would you be against someone voting Conservative? Obvious Brexit Party and UKIP are a bit different.

I have never voted Conservative. My worldview is really not a Conservative one, and as I have said further I am up the thread I am naturally more inclined to align with a Leftist view of the world. However, maybe I am overlooking why, in this particular election, I should consider voting in other ways.

Voting Brexit and UKIP are out, if I'm being honest, as I'm not a massive racist and I would like the UK to Remain within the EU. I'd listen to input from any other sensible, thoughtful posters though. Anyone voting for UKIP/Brexit would probably just call me a yank and tell me I have no business voting anyway.

Maybe GB can offer some insight into what the Conservatives may offer (unless he's voting in a different manner, I don't know).
[Post edited 7 May 2019 14:26]

Who should I vote for? on 14:27 - May 7 with 4473 viewsJ2BLUE

Who should I vote for? on 14:23 - May 7 by SpruceMoose

I have never voted Conservative. My worldview is really not a Conservative one, and as I have said further I am up the thread I am naturally more inclined to align with a Leftist view of the world. However, maybe I am overlooking why, in this particular election, I should consider voting in other ways.

Voting Brexit and UKIP are out, if I'm being honest, as I'm not a massive racist and I would like the UK to Remain within the EU. I'd listen to input from any other sensible, thoughtful posters though. Anyone voting for UKIP/Brexit would probably just call me a yank and tell me I have no business voting anyway.

Maybe GB can offer some insight into what the Conservatives may offer (unless he's voting in a different manner, I don't know).
[Post edited 7 May 2019 14:26]

My worldview is a conservative one. To an extent anyway. My vote in these elections is trying to undo my Brexit vote. In a GE I couldn't vote for the current Conservative party because they have gone way too far with the austerity cuts and left people in some horrific situations.

Truly impaired.

Who should I vote for? on 14:30 - May 7 with 4464 viewsSpruceMoose

Who should I vote for? on 14:27 - May 7 by J2BLUE

My worldview is a conservative one. To an extent anyway. My vote in these elections is trying to undo my Brexit vote. In a GE I couldn't vote for the current Conservative party because they have gone way too far with the austerity cuts and left people in some horrific situations.

I do think that , in this day and age, a moderate conservative viewpoint is often drowned out by the more extreme right wing views, and the left's response to those.

Would you consider voting for Chuka Utd?

Login to get fewer ads

Who should I vote for? on 14:33 - May 7 with 4445 viewsJ2BLUE

Who should I vote for? on 14:30 - May 7 by SpruceMoose

I do think that , in this day and age, a moderate conservative viewpoint is often drowned out by the more extreme right wing views, and the left's response to those.

Would you consider voting for Chuka Utd?

Not at the moment. No idea what their policies are and Chuka does not come across well IMO.

Truly impaired.

Who should I vote for? on 14:35 - May 7 with 4437 viewsFtnfwest

Don't bother its not going to change anything evidently
Who should I vote for? on 14:37 - May 7 with 4433 viewshomer_123

I would struggle to suggest voting for the Conservatives. In fact, how anyone can vote for them given:

1. The fact Cameron tried to solve an internal party issues with a referendum
2. Then walked and washed his hands of it after assuming no one would vote for leaving the EU
3. How the current PM has handled the situation
4. How the party has failed, utterly, to get anything remotely sensible in the way of an internal or cross party agreement in place re. leaving.
5. Or having the balls to step back say....whoops, we may have erred here and need to re-think

Couple that with the general way in which they have been running things over the last few years, the increase between the haves and have note, drop in social mobility etc.

They should be in power and no one should be voting for them in the short to medium term.

Saying that, I'd struggle to also suggest voting Labour, who are also an utter mess for a range of other reasons.

The logical choice is indeed the Green party - is that a wasted vote at MEP level though? I've not really looked.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Who should I vote for? on 14:39 - May 7 with 4421 viewsBlueBadger

Who should I vote for? on 14:37 - May 7 by homer_123

I would struggle to suggest voting for the Conservatives. In fact, how anyone can vote for them given:

2. Then walked and washed his hands of it after assuming no one would vote for leaving the EU
4. How the party has failed, utterly, to get anything remotely sensible in the way of an internal or cross party agreement in place re. leaving.
5. Or having the balls to step back say....whoops, we may have erred here and need to re-think

Couple that with the general way in which they have been running things over the last few years, the increase between the haves and have note, drop in social mobility etc.

They should be in power and no one should be voting for them in the short to medium term.

Saying that, I'd struggle to also suggest voting Labour, who are also an utter mess for a range of other reasons.

The logical choice is indeed the Green party - is that a wasted vote at MEP level though? I've not really looked.

Greens in general have a good rep for strong representation for their communities at all levels, if that helps.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Who should I vote for? on 14:45 - May 7 with 4396 viewsPinewoodblue

With proportional representation on a regional basis, very few votes are wasted.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Who should I vote for? on 14:47 - May 7 with 4378 views26_Paz

I will be voting for the Brexit party. In a GE I would vote Tory but need to send a message to get Brexit sorted. A huge vote for the Brexit party should do just that ...

The Paz Man

Who should I vote for? on 14:47 - May 7 with 4389 viewsgiant_stow

Tories and labour are out, so I'll pick between the greens, liberals and change uk, personally. I think i read something about a bit of collusion between these groups at local level to help point voters to most likely winner of the 3, so might let swing it.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Who should I vote for? on 14:48 - May 7 with 4382 viewsWD19

Its the first election in my adult life in which I won't be voting.

Have managed to inadvertently put myself out of the country for the day on business. Haven't registered for a postal vote......and to be honest it is such a relatively meaningless vote I am not going to put myself out to see if there is still a way for me to do so in time.

I know that makes me bad.
Who should I vote for? on 14:54 - May 7 with 4356 viewsgiant_stow

Who should I vote for? on 14:48 - May 7 by WD19

Its the first election in my adult life in which I won't be voting.

Have managed to inadvertently put myself out of the country for the day on business. Haven't registered for a postal vote......and to be honest it is such a relatively meaningless vote I am not going to put myself out to see if there is still a way for me to do so in time.

I know that makes me bad.

You sure it meaningless? Seems like a proxy vote on both brexit and the two large parties capability to me - if they were both truly smashed, might that not help change the system? I'm dreaming I spose..

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Who should I vote for? on 14:54 - May 7 with 4356 viewsSwansea_Blue

Depends on one's priorities. Do you go all tictacs over the Brexit issue or go purely off the people/policies that one want to see us stand on in the European Parliament? I normally do the latter, but given that the elected MEPs may well not be in the parliament for long or at all, I'm wondering what the point is. I may go tactical for the pro-Remain party most likely to win a seat (*see tweet below for some interesting info on this), but then that's unlikely to affect May's approach so is pointless in itself.

When you come to think about it, there's probably never been a more pointless election. The only issue os the Brexit party and how the inevitable gains there will be responded to by May (and I guess she'll just pander to their voters and double down on the hard-line Brexidiocy).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Who should I vote for? on 14:57 - May 7 with 4333 viewsHerbivore

Who should I vote for? on 14:54 - May 7 by Swansea_Blue

Depends on one's priorities. Do you go all tictacs over the Brexit issue or go purely off the people/policies that one want to see us stand on in the European Parliament? I normally do the latter, but given that the elected MEPs may well not be in the parliament for long or at all, I'm wondering what the point is. I may go tactical for the pro-Remain party most likely to win a seat (*see tweet below for some interesting info on this), but then that's unlikely to affect May's approach so is pointless in itself.

When you come to think about it, there's probably never been a more pointless election. The only issue os the Brexit party and how the inevitable gains there will be responded to by May (and I guess she'll just pander to their voters and double down on the hard-line Brexidiocy).

She managed to spin the pro-Remain Lib Dems and Greens decimating the Tories and UKIP as meaning people just want her to get on with Brexit. On that basis I dread to think how she'll interpret a surge of votes for the Brexit party; she might just revoke Article 50.

Who should I vote for? on 14:58 - May 7 with 4334 viewsSpruceMoose

Who should I vote for? on 14:54 - May 7 by Swansea_Blue

I suppose one way of reading the graph in your linked Tweet is that Labour could possibly be streets ahead in the polls... if they backed a second ref.

Who should I vote for? on 14:58 - May 7 with 4333 viewsWD19

Who should I vote for? on 14:54 - May 7 by giant_stow

You sure it meaningless? Seems like a proxy vote on both brexit and the two large parties capability to me - if they were both truly smashed, might that not help change the system? I'm dreaming I spose..

However it goes it will be liable to convenient interpretation.....

See

'both parties got smashed, its because the public are frustrated we haven't got on with brexit'

AND

'both parties got smashed, its because the public don't want the brexit both big parties support'
Who should I vote for? on 14:59 - May 7 with 4328 viewsSwansea_Blue

A greens vote isn't wasted. It depends where you are, but they have a chance of securing an MEP in a few areas (East of England being one). See the tweet I linked above for early indications of the parties that stand a realistic chance in each area, albeit early days for predictions.

Also, the more people that actually put their vote where their mouth is the better. Some day, someone in power has too take environmental protection seriously. That'll only happen through our votes.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Who should I vote for? on 15:00 - May 7 with 4314 viewsgiant_stow

Who should I vote for? on 14:58 - May 7 by WD19

However it goes it will be liable to convenient interpretation.....

See

'both parties got smashed, its because the public are frustrated we haven't got on with brexit'

AND

'both parties got smashed, its because the public don't want the brexit both big parties support'

fair point.

Who should I vote for? on 15:04 - May 7 with 4304 viewsSpruceMoose

Grimboy, your constant downvoting of reasonable posts comes across like a toddler's tantrum.

If you have any interesting thoughts on the upcoming elections then we'd be more than happy to hear them. If you feel this subject leaves you a little out of your depth then that's fair enough, but leave the rest of us alone to discuss it in peace please.
[Post edited 7 May 2019 15:08]

Who should I vote for? on 15:11 - May 7 with 4267 viewsBlueBadger

Who should I vote for? on 15:04 - May 7 by SpruceMoose

Grimboy, your constant downvoting of reasonable posts comes across like a toddler's tantrum.

If you have any interesting thoughts on the upcoming elections then we'd be more than happy to hear them. If you feel this subject leaves you a little out of your depth then that's fair enough, but leave the rest of us alone to discuss it in peace please.
[Post edited 7 May 2019 15:08]

I really don't know why he still hangs around here, it clearly doesn't make him happy.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024