Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) 07:14 - Apr 23 with 4320 viewsFtnfwest

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 07:19 - Apr 23 with 3117 viewsBenters2

The same to you my friend.

Just had a look out my kitchen window the church is proudly flying the flag.

I hope those cowardly Cs dont blow my church up.
Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 07:32 - Apr 23 with 3086 viewsdissboy2

you too mate

and RIP Shakespeare
Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 07:35 - Apr 23 with 3082 viewsfooters

Happy St George's day!

If you'd like to donate to other fab Syrians like St George here's a link:

https://www.unicef.org.uk/donate/syria/?sisearchengine=284&siproduct=Campaign_**

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 07:47 - Apr 23 with 3050 viewsFtnfwest

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 07:35 - Apr 23 by footers

Happy St George's day!

https://www.unicef.org.uk/donate/syria/?sisearchengine=284&siproduct=Campaign_**

You’re right I should, they donated their armed forces to Lebanon for decades after all
Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 07:49 - Apr 23 with 3044 viewsfooters

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 07:47 - Apr 23 by Ftnfwest

You’re right I should, they donated their armed forces to Lebanon for decades after all

Forgive and forget old bean. We are a Christian nation after all :)

What will you be doing to celebrate?

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 07:50 - Apr 23 with 3033 viewsFtnfwest

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 07:49 - Apr 23 by footers

Forgive and forget old bean. We are a Christian nation after all :)

What will you be doing to celebrate?

I’ve actually got the day off.....doing chores I didn’t finish at the weekend.... have a good day chap
Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 08:38 - Apr 23 with 2996 viewsGuthrum

20th November, mutter mutter ...

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 08:38 - Apr 23 with 2993 viewschicoazul

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 07:19 - Apr 23 by Benters2

The same to you my friend.

Just had a look out my kitchen window the church is proudly flying the flag.

I hope those cowardly Cs dont blow my church up.

I wouldnt worry about it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 08:41 - Apr 23 with 2991 viewschicoazul

I quite enjoyed this George's Day subtle propagandising from the Graun today; https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2019/apr/23/theyre-not-property-the-people-w

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 09:29 - Apr 23 with 2947 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 08:38 - Apr 23 by Guthrum

20th November, mutter mutter ...

Him? Bury him.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 09:30 - Apr 23 with 2945 viewsElderGrizzly

Indeed! Love a foreigner we do :)

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 09:35 - Apr 23 with 2922 viewsGlasgowBlue

Happy St George's day!

St George was born in Lod, Israel. At the time of St George’s Birth Lod was in an artificially constructed region known as Syria Palaestina. Previous to that Lod was in Judea.

The Roman invaders named the region when they merged Judea and Syria after driving out the Jews from their homeland in 135AD. The Roman Emperor Hadrian chose a name that revived the ancient name of Philistia (Palestine), combining it with that of the neighboring province of Syria, in an attempt to suppress Jewish connection to the land.

Saying St George was a Syrian is an easy mistake to make if one is ignorant if the historical facts.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 09:53 - Apr 23 with 2900 viewsFtnfwest

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 09:30 - Apr 23 by ElderGrizzly

Right Christmas is cancelled then as that bloke was foreign too
Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 10:33 - Apr 23 with 2873 viewsXYZ

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 09:35 - Apr 23 by GlasgowBlue

St George was born in Lod, Israel. At the time of St George’s Birth Lod was in an artificially constructed region known as Syria Palaestina. Previous to that Lod was in Judea.

The Roman invaders named the region when they merged Judea and Syria after driving out the Jews from their homeland in 135AD. The Roman Emperor Hadrian chose a name that revived the ancient name of Philistia (Palestine), combining it with that of the neighboring province of Syria, in an attempt to suppress Jewish connection to the land.

Saying St George was a Syrian is an easy mistake to make if one is ignorant if the historical facts.

So those born in modern-day Israel's illegal settlements are not Israelis?
Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 11:04 - Apr 23 with 2848 viewsgainsboroughblue

St Georges day old boy.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 11:57 - Apr 23 with 2820 viewsJamestownPrince

It's not St Georges day, it cannot be a Saints day during Easter Week

Therefore this year it is 29th April.
Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 11:58 - Apr 23 with 2816 viewsJamestownPrince

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 09:30 - Apr 23 by ElderGrizzly

St Willebrord of The Netherlands was a Geordie!!!!!
Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 12:10 - Apr 23 with 2792 viewsfactual_blue

balls

RULE BRITANNIA

zzzzz

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 16:15 - Apr 23 with 2713 viewssolemio

Therefore for all the obvious reasons St Alban should be the patron saint of England - if we need one at all, which seems open to debate.
Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 17:12 - Apr 23 with 2669 viewsbluerthanthou

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 11:57 - Apr 23 by JamestownPrince

It's not St Georges day, it cannot be a Saints day during Easter Week

Therefore this year it is 29th April.

Correct.
Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 18:06 - Apr 23 with 2637 viewsjaykay

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 16:15 - Apr 23 by solemio

Therefore for all the obvious reasons St Alban should be the patron saint of England - if we need one at all, which seems open to debate.

or st edmund

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 18:46 - Apr 23 with 2613 viewsChurchman

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 09:53 - Apr 23 by Ftnfwest

Right Christmas is cancelled then as that bloke was foreign too

I thought he was born in Tooting. Oh well you live and learn
Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 20:32 - Apr 23 with 2559 viewsSwansea_Blue

Happy St George's day!

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/far-right-nationalists-schooled-in-ethnic-o

“St George's Day: Genius Prank Teaches Nationalists About Ethnic Origins Of Patron Saint”

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 21:45 - Apr 23 with 2527 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 20:32 - Apr 23 by Swansea_Blue

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/far-right-nationalists-schooled-in-ethnic-o

“St George's Day: Genius Prank Teaches Nationalists About Ethnic Origins Of Patron Saint”

Why do you want to belittle and knock your country's national day? Is it because you are Welsh? St George wasn't English we know that, St Patrick wasn't Irish. He's the saint of Georgia and Catalonia as well. Only in England is a national day not celebrated, people going back to work on what should be a national holiday, can you imagine the French not celebrating Bastille day, the Aussies, Australia day or the American's the 4th of July? Its very sad because of self loathing people like Emily Thornbery who hate their own country and think English means far right, say that to Billy Bragg or the great George Orwell.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 21:46 - Apr 23 with 2520 viewsfooters

Happy St. George’s day ladies and gentlemen (n/t) on 21:45 - Apr 23 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Why do you want to belittle and knock your country's national day? Is it because you are Welsh? St George wasn't English we know that, St Patrick wasn't Irish. He's the saint of Georgia and Catalonia as well. Only in England is a national day not celebrated, people going back to work on what should be a national holiday, can you imagine the French not celebrating Bastille day, the Aussies, Australia day or the American's the 4th of July? Its very sad because of self loathing people like Emily Thornbery who hate their own country and think English means far right, say that to Billy Bragg or the great George Orwell.

What have you been doing to celebrate St George's day, jonno?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024