Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most stupid tweet of the weekend is... 21:09 - Feb 3 with 3090 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Most stupid tweet of the weekend is... on 21:13 - Feb 3 with 3019 viewsReuser_is_God

Didn’t realise football wasn’t a winter sport

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Most stupid tweet of the weekend is... on 21:13 - Feb 3 with 3030 viewsChampionship

Can someone tell Andrew Wilesmith that sport is unpredictable and if he's that angry he might not love it as much as he thinks?
Most stupid tweet of the weekend is... on 21:13 - Feb 3 with 3017 viewsSuperblue95

“#irritated”

That is enough to sound like a bellend

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Most stupid tweet of the weekend is... on 21:21 - Feb 3 with 2950 viewsHARRY10

I wonder what led him to think it might be different to that
Most stupid tweet of the weekend is... on 21:47 - Feb 3 with 2852 viewsFtnfwest

Most stupid tweet of the weekend is... on 21:21 - Feb 3 by HARRY10

I wonder what led him to think it might be different to that

Would be interested in the 7 month olds views as well, or is that what we just got?
Most stupid tweet of the weekend is... on 21:57 - Feb 3 with 2812 views3_5_2

my question would be what the fcuk were are thinking taking a 7 month old out to a football match in near freezing weather ?

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Most stupid tweet of the weekend is... on 22:24 - Feb 3 with 2748 viewsGarv

Fairly polite message. Apart from calling him a prick. I'm sure there's worse.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Most stupid tweet of the weekend is... on 22:39 - Feb 3 with 2686 viewspeterleeblue

Most stupid tweet of the weekend is... on 21:13 - Feb 3 by Championship

Can someone tell Andrew Wilesmith that sport is unpredictable and if he's that angry he might not love it as much as he thinks?

Unpredictable? A Win at Norwich it is then?
Login to get fewer ads

Most stupid tweet of the weekend is... on 22:53 - Feb 3 with 2654 viewsmrshallisfit

Only in the sense that he should have called him a clueless prick.
Most stupid tweet of the weekend is... on 23:03 - Apr 14 with 2182 viewsakw104

So just seen this! This is my tweet. It was sent after a game where Town were really poor and lost to a last minute goal. So of course I’m not going to be delighted! I will clear up a few points:

1) I am fully aware that sport is unpredictable. In fact I’d say getting that angry about it is probably an indicator of how passionate I am about it!

2) My 7 month old (proud Junior Blue member and future supporter of this club) was also irritated!

3) She was very well wrapped up and loves going to the football.

4) I’d disagree I am a bellend. I suppose maybe my mates that actually know me may agree but I’d challenge that comment considering the person that made that comment probably doesn’t know me!

It’s such a shame that an ITFC fan forum feels the need to post tweets from other Town fans to ridicule them because they are frustrated. I suppose the old sentiment that you back a fellow fan is dying. Oh and I think there were dumber tweets that day!

Anyway lots have happened since then. I’ll be watching Town (with my daughter) in League One next season and doing all I can to help this club reconnect with the town. It’s the least the fan base deserves! Oh and if I get frustrated on Twitter and sound like a bellend, just be sure to tell me on Twitter..... not on a message board! 👍
Most stupid tweet of the weekend is... on 23:28 - Apr 14 with 2095 viewsBinner

Most stupid tweet of the weekend is... on 23:03 - Apr 14 by akw104

So just seen this! This is my tweet. It was sent after a game where Town were really poor and lost to a last minute goal. So of course I’m not going to be delighted! I will clear up a few points:

1) I am fully aware that sport is unpredictable. In fact I’d say getting that angry about it is probably an indicator of how passionate I am about it!

2) My 7 month old (proud Junior Blue member and future supporter of this club) was also irritated!

3) She was very well wrapped up and loves going to the football.

4) I’d disagree I am a bellend. I suppose maybe my mates that actually know me may agree but I’d challenge that comment considering the person that made that comment probably doesn’t know me!

It’s such a shame that an ITFC fan forum feels the need to post tweets from other Town fans to ridicule them because they are frustrated. I suppose the old sentiment that you back a fellow fan is dying. Oh and I think there were dumber tweets that day!

Anyway lots have happened since then. I’ll be watching Town (with my daughter) in League One next season and doing all I can to help this club reconnect with the town. It’s the least the fan base deserves! Oh and if I get frustrated on Twitter and sound like a bellend, just be sure to tell me on Twitter..... not on a message board! 👍

I'm not on Twitter so I'll have to use this medium to point out that, since you seem to think it is okay to publicly shell out abuse, then it is reasonable for others to treat you in kind.

If, as you say, you are not a 'bellend' then perhaps you should consider an acting career; the OP tweet had me convinced.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 23:36]

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Most stupid tweet of the weekend is... on 23:31 - Apr 14 with 2078 viewsVaughan8

Another “ it’s all Evans fault”. Yawn
Most stupid tweet of the weekend is... on 07:45 - Apr 15 with 1828 viewsakw104

Most stupid tweet of the weekend is... on 23:28 - Apr 14 by Binner

I'm not on Twitter so I'll have to use this medium to point out that, since you seem to think it is okay to publicly shell out abuse, then it is reasonable for others to treat you in kind.

If, as you say, you are not a 'bellend' then perhaps you should consider an acting career; the OP tweet had me convinced.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 23:36]

Fair enough! 👍
Most stupid tweet of the weekend is... on 07:54 - Apr 15 with 1777 viewsakw104

Most stupid tweet of the weekend is... on 23:31 - Apr 14 by Vaughan8

Another “ it’s all Evans fault”. Yawn

Taking the tweet aside....

Seeing the state of Bolton, Bury etc my opinions on ME are softening. More and more I can understand why he hasn’t thrown money at the club, although I still think him getting rid of the community trust was a major error. If you aren’t going to have a team that plays at the top level then you need a club that connects and supports your local community. The last few months has seen that start to happen. The Fan Zone, School of the Week and renewed Junior Blues membership have all been good initiatives.

I suppose it’s a case of ‘better the devil you know’ or ‘the grass is always greener’. There’s definitely better owners out there but there’s also far worse. 🤷‍♂️ At least the football has improved despite our lack of scoring goals and conceding utter clangers!
Most stupid tweet of the weekend is... on 08:21 - Apr 15 with 1678 viewsSteve_M

Most stupid tweet of the weekend is... on 07:54 - Apr 15 by akw104

Taking the tweet aside....

Seeing the state of Bolton, Bury etc my opinions on ME are softening. More and more I can understand why he hasn’t thrown money at the club, although I still think him getting rid of the community trust was a major error. If you aren’t going to have a team that plays at the top level then you need a club that connects and supports your local community. The last few months has seen that start to happen. The Fan Zone, School of the Week and renewed Junior Blues membership have all been good initiatives.

I suppose it’s a case of ‘better the devil you know’ or ‘the grass is always greener’. There’s definitely better owners out there but there’s also far worse. 🤷‍♂️ At least the football has improved despite our lack of scoring goals and conceding utter clangers!

Frustration after a match is one thing, and it is unfair for us to be judging you on one tweet. However anyone who watches sport and thinks paying money guarantees anything on the pitch has misunderstood the nature of it - there are better complaints against Evans.

Also, given it looks like you've created this account to defend your post and then shown your willingness to defend your argument I hope you stick around. All welcome here (except dull Budgie trolls).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024