Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? 08:34 - Mar 3 with 27139 viewschristiand

After reading the tragic story about the young Romford girl’s fatal stabbing followed by another teenager’s death in Manchester, just makes my blood boil. What are the feasible solutions? Something radical needs to be done in my opinion. What I don’t know?! It just appears you sadly read about this type of event most days now in this country. Just so little thought or value for someone else’s life.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 8:38]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:38 - Mar 3 with 5741 viewsMullet

That lad just a few minutes drive from my house. Nice middle class area, lots of grammar schools, not far from millionaires row.

As cynical as it sounds, they might do something now it's in those areas with greater regularity.

We've had different incidents with knives, the latest this week. Each time the kid has to be excluded and is essentially out of education and on a spiral into crime which (usually) they are at risk of anyway.

Let alone when they use them like this. Knives are so normal now, I had one pulled on me nearly 15 years ago and it was rare then. I fear we are a hop skip and a jump from metal detectors on a public building. That's what America is seen to be doing and has done for years.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:41 - Mar 3 with 5744 viewsLord_Lucan

Well we could either take a lilly livered approach and worry about upsetting the up-settables or we could crack right down and give instant custodials to people found with a knife on them.

The ineffective Mayor of London could maybe miss a few hob nobbing parties, stop worrying about banning all sorts of advertising on tubes and direct his attention to gang warfare.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:45 - Mar 3 with 5732 viewsMullet

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:41 - Mar 3 by Lord_Lucan

Well we could either take a lilly livered approach and worry about upsetting the up-settables or we could crack right down and give instant custodials to people found with a knife on them.

The ineffective Mayor of London could maybe miss a few hob nobbing parties, stop worrying about banning all sorts of advertising on tubes and direct his attention to gang warfare.

We need more money on it. Austerity is the cause of this and so many other social issues. It's no coincidence.

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:46 - Mar 3 with 5726 viewsBluefish

Increase stop and search and enforce mandatory custodial sentences for anyone carrying a knife.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:48 - Mar 3 with 5716 viewsDubtractor

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:45 - Mar 3 by Mullet

We need more money on it. Austerity is the cause of this and so many other social issues. It's no coincidence.

The big society nonsense from Cameron was a disgusting premise to start with, but it absolutely fails in areas like this.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:48 - Mar 3 with 5707 viewsLord_Lucan

Austerity is one issue for sure but certainly not the be all and end all.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:58 - Mar 3 with 5658 viewsm14_blue

If only it were that simple.
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:01 - Mar 3 with 5656 viewsBluefish

Austerity? You think kids don't copy gang culture and carry knives without austerity? A small percentage of them maybe wont join but it wont just disappear, it is a lifestyle choice.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:01 - Mar 3 with 5635 viewsBenters2

This with bang the little fkrs up.
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:04 - Mar 3 with 5643 viewsLord_Lucan

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:58 - Mar 3 by m14_blue

If only it were that simple.

There are worse ways to start.

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:08 - Mar 3 with 5635 viewsGuthrum

Perhaps banning music which glorifies and promotes the gangster lifestyle?

But the primary issue is economic. If you believe you're going to earn more in a week drug dealing than in a year of any legitimate job you're likely to have (if you can get one at all), then it's a no brainer. Especially under the pressures of consumerism, peer status and, effectively, grooming by older gang members.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:08 - Mar 3 with 5614 viewsBenters2

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:01 - Mar 3 by Benters2

This with bang the little fkrs up.

Interesting downie from Herbi,I guess you think we should take the little fkrs on holiday or something.

That’s the liberal leftie way xx.
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:15 - Mar 3 with 5602 viewsMullet

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:48 - Mar 3 by Lord_Lucan

Austerity is one issue for sure but certainly not the be all and end all.

It's the reason the rise is so pronounced. The reason that the culture has changed and become mainstream.

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:16 - Mar 3 with 5604 viewsGuthrum

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:08 - Mar 3 by Benters2

Interesting downie from Herbi,I guess you think we should take the little fkrs on holiday or something.

The problem with simply shoving everyone in jail, is what comes out the other end?

These gangs exist within the prison system, too, so they aren't weaned off them. Indeed, forced association with already hardened offenders is only likely to get them more skilled, connected and involved.

So you put juvenile delinquents in and get serious criminals (with few prospects for an honest future) out.

Much more effective - and, in the long run, cheaper - to deal with the situations and environments which cause these children to turn to crime in the first place.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:23 - Mar 3 with 5578 viewsDurovigutum

Problem is people are different, and therefore the isn't one silver bullet. Taking one on holiday might be great, broadens their mind and let's them see a world of opportunity beyond their little pocket of misery but another might see cause and effect of positive rewards for negative behaviour and carry out more mayhem. People need hope - look at us ITFC fans who think we can still stay up, as opposed to those of us who gave up after the Bristol City game. You don't get hope from austerity, youth club closures, football pitch sell offs, school clubs shutting for lack of funds just like you don't from signing a free transfer journeyman midfielder.

Prison? Some cons prefer it, someone else to look after your problems and some comradeship. Youth institutions are crime lesson factories as there are enough staff to do positive things.

But, all of these problems will go away after Brexit, as we'll have loads more money and our skilled politicians and civil service will have lots more time as we won't be dealing with EU red tape.
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:25 - Mar 3 with 5559 viewsHerbivore

The world is so simple and black and white to you. Bless.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:28 - Mar 3 with 5538 viewsBenters2

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:25 - Mar 3 by Herbivore

The world is so simple and black and white to you. Bless.

Bore off numpty x.
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:34 - Mar 3 with 5517 viewsBloomBlue

The cause is many things including lack of parental control and no role models. We now live in a country where people expect the authorises to be responsible for everything.
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:36 - Mar 3 with 5488 viewsBenters2

19 knife killings this year so far.
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:41 - Mar 3 with 5480 viewsm14_blue

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:04 - Mar 3 by Lord_Lucan

There are worse ways to start.

Yep, don’t necessarily disagree with you.

It would require a huge injection of cash into the police, judicial and prison systems though, something which simply won’t happen with this government at the moment.
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:47 - Mar 3 with 5451 viewsLord_Lucan

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:15 - Mar 3 by Mullet

It's the reason the rise is so pronounced. The reason that the culture has changed and become mainstream.

That's not the be all and end all, to say that it is is barmy. The police have their hands tied, they are underfunded and are being crucified with bizarre politically swayed directives. These are the words of a prominent Ipswich copper. They also now have to deal with a huge mass of Eastern European and African gangs, you can be as pro immigration as you like but this is a fact. There are many many reasons why the problem has escalated and I agree that funds are a massive issue but you cannot ignore lenient sentencing - and as important the lack of resources in prison to turn lives around. Peer pressure, grooming, absent fathers who don't give a monkeys.

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:54 - Mar 3 with 5411 viewsPendejo

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:08 - Mar 3 by Guthrum

Perhaps banning music which glorifies and promotes the gangster lifestyle?

But the primary issue is economic. If you believe you're going to earn more in a week drug dealing than in a year of any legitimate job you're likely to have (if you can get one at all), then it's a no brainer. Especially under the pressures of consumerism, peer status and, effectively, grooming by older gang members.

Can't ban, taking legal action if lyrics / content promote hate / violence may well reduce overt lyrical content.

The best way to negate the economic issue is... legalization [of drugs], remove the money making opportunity.
For those that scoff at this, and I have a good friend who'd be dead against it, in the last year the amount of times I smell the smoke from the weed products coming from other cars, people on the streets or even one of my neighbours' flats... seems like it's been unofficially legalised anyway.

Overall it must be taken seriously. There is NO excuse for carrying, do not allow "self defence" excuse and take strong action for possession, maybe even make possession an attempted murder charge [or some other wording that clearly shows it is viewed that the carrying of a knife is considered intent].

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:56 - Mar 3 with 5406 viewsPendejo

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:23 - Mar 3 by Durovigutum

Problem is people are different, and therefore the isn't one silver bullet. Taking one on holiday might be great, broadens their mind and let's them see a world of opportunity beyond their little pocket of misery but another might see cause and effect of positive rewards for negative behaviour and carry out more mayhem. People need hope - look at us ITFC fans who think we can still stay up, as opposed to those of us who gave up after the Bristol City game. You don't get hope from austerity, youth club closures, football pitch sell offs, school clubs shutting for lack of funds just like you don't from signing a free transfer journeyman midfielder.

Prison? Some cons prefer it, someone else to look after your problems and some comradeship. Youth institutions are crime lesson factories as there are enough staff to do positive things.

But, all of these problems will go away after Brexit, as we'll have loads more money and our skilled politicians and civil service will have lots more time as we won't be dealing with EU red tape.

Not quite holiday... but how about sending them to Africa etc. to work for charities on instead of local community service?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:58 - Mar 3 with 5405 viewsRadlett_blue

Relative poverty, poor parenting and gang culture. Unfortunately, there are no simple answers to these problems.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:58 - Mar 3 with 5405 viewstractorboy1978

A lot of it is a status thing. Young men that have no aspirations, no identity, no role model and no hope turning to gangs to provide some purpose to their lives and a vehicle to achieve some status/power.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024