Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That's got to feel like loss from the players perspective. 17:03 - Sep 29 with 627 viewshomer_123

Will not help their already shaken confidence.

Point away before the match might have been OK but to end up drawing after going 2 up and end up with another player sent off...it's not a good day at the office.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

That's got to feel like loss from the players perspective. on 17:12 - Sep 29 with 595 viewsDarth_Koont

Yes and no. On another day Birmingham would have won that 5-0.

We were winning but that wasn't really deserved as we were second best for almost the entire match.

But we haven't really been second-best all season. It just goes to show that if you take a couple of chances and make a few clearances you can still get a result. Away from home too.

Hopefully the players can connect the dots and see that results aren't as much about performances as about being on the right side of key moments.

Pronouns: He/Him

That's got to feel like loss from the players perspective. on 17:12 - Sep 29 with 593 viewspatrickswell

We’ve covered 2/3 of the conspire not to win a game lottery:

a) Fail to break down 10 men with 40 odd minutes to do so.
b) Squander a 2 goal lead.

Tuesday is nailed on to complete the set - a 95th minute equaliser for Middlesbrough.
That's got to feel like loss from the players perspective. on 17:19 - Sep 29 with 540 viewshomer_123

That's got to feel like loss from the players perspective. on 17:12 - Sep 29 by Darth_Koont

Yes and no. On another day Birmingham would have won that 5-0.

We were winning but that wasn't really deserved as we were second best for almost the entire match.

But we haven't really been second-best all season. It just goes to show that if you take a couple of chances and make a few clearances you can still get a result. Away from home too.

Hopefully the players can connect the dots and see that results aren't as much about performances as about being on the right side of key moments.

But this is the worry DK. Teams who get relegated don't seem to be on the right side of key moments.

So far, this season, that's us, isn't it? Does not bode well.

That's got to feel like loss from the players perspective. on 17:27 - Sep 29 with 518 viewsDarth_Koont

That's got to feel like loss from the players perspective. on 17:19 - Sep 29 by homer_123

But this is the worry DK. Teams who get relegated don't seem to be on the right side of key moments.

So far, this season, that's us, isn't it? Does not bode well.

Of course. But today was a game where we were on the right side overall.

I'm clutching at straws but that's all we've got left. So I'll take our first point away from home and our best result relative to the performance.

Although we now need a result (and possibly a performance too) against Boro. I get the feeling we need a win against them or against Swansea because I don't think we can stew through the next international break without a win. We'll likely come back even weaker.

Pronouns: He/Him

That's got to feel like loss from the players perspective. on 17:31 - Sep 29 with 497 viewshomer_123

That's got to feel like loss from the players perspective. on 17:27 - Sep 29 by Darth_Koont

Of course. But today was a game where we were on the right side overall.

I'm clutching at straws but that's all we've got left. So I'll take our first point away from home and our best result relative to the performance.

Although we now need a result (and possibly a performance too) against Boro. I get the feeling we need a win against them or against Swansea because I don't think we can stew through the next international break without a win. We'll likely come back even weaker.

Yeah, appreciate that. We are all trying to find crumbs of comfort.

Very hard to see a win in the next two, let alone a performance. It's now a real concern for us. No win in the next two won't leave us adrift, still plenty of games and points available but it becomes increasingly more difficult for Hurst and the players as games tick by.

That's got to feel like loss from the players perspective. on 17:34 - Sep 29 with 485 viewspointofblue

That's got to feel like loss from the players perspective. on 17:31 - Sep 29 by homer_123

Yeah, appreciate that. We are all trying to find crumbs of comfort.

Very hard to see a win in the next two, let alone a performance. It's now a real concern for us. No win in the next two won't leave us adrift, still plenty of games and points available but it becomes increasingly more difficult for Hurst and the players as games tick by.

Though to be fair the second half performance against Brentford was arguably one of our best of the season - but we haven't built on that, we've gone dramatically backwards.

Maybe we'll perform better against the stronger sides because their intentions will play to our strengths? But that's clutching another straw in a hand which is running low.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024